✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
irenemcg said:
The Lord broke the bread a symbol of His body broken for us, should we not then actually break the bread?

We partake of the bread and wine in rememberance of Him and His sacrifce for us until he comes.

Therew is also the element of looking foward to our soon coming King.
Actually when I use mmatza that is a part of it take eat of His body which was broken for us and you break the matza

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Jesus came to fullfill all types and shadows which were given in the ceremonies they performed in the Old Testament. And to make all their meanings new. When Jesus said this is my blood which is given for you. He was telling them that the type and shadow is being fulfilled as the sacrifical lamb. No longer will it be the blood of a goat for sin, but the sacrificing of the lamb of God. He changed the type of sacrifice, and it's meaning, and was bringing in a new covenant through His blood. When He said this is my blood, it was a symbolic ceremony being performed to represent what was about to take place. To say that fermented wine in a cup was His precious blood, leaves out the understanding, as of that night, he had not yet gone to the cross and offered Himself but was yet to be fulfilled. He wanted His discipals to understand the practices which they practiced their whole religious lives, was going to be fulfilled in Himself. for a change in type of sacrifice, that it from now on would be His blood, the lamb of God that brought in the New Covenant. The supper was a demonstration of what was going to quickly take place, a change in type of sacrifice, once and for all, fulfilled in Him when He did go to the cross.
It was purely a symbolic ceremony, that represented Himself, that was soon to take place. I'm sure that the Apostles understood when they ate and drank at the supper that evening, they were not drinking the actual blood of Jesus, since He was sitting there with them. It had not even been fulfilled yet. It was purely symbolic.

Upvote 0

Prosperity

Oct 18, 2005
Kansas
✟902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sure that the Apostles understood when they ate and drank at the supper that evening, they were not drinking the actual blood of Jesus, since He was sitting there with them.

Except that Jesus said the wine was His blood and the bread was His flesh. If Jesus said it, then it is that way. Jesus was not speaking in future tense, He spoke in present tense.

Matthew 26:26-28
19 And the disciples did as Jesus had appointed them; and they made ready the passover.
26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 14:22-25
22 And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.
23 And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.
24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

You say that you are Word of Faith. One of the WOF teachings is that whatever Jesus called something, that is what it was or it became because He when He spoke it forth. He called the wine was His blood and the bread was his flesh, but He was not holding up His blood and flesh at communion in a natural sense. Jesus was calling those things which be not as thought they were. This is how He created the Universe, He spoke it into existence.

Romans 4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Even if the wine wasn't blood and the bread wasn't flesh before He spoke, it certainly was wine and blood after He said it was as stated in Matthew 26:26-28 and Mark 14:22-25.

The wine was still wine and the bread was still bread in the physical Universe, before and after Jesus spoke. So if the wine had not turned to blood the bread not turned to flesh in the physical world that we live in, then it must have turned into blood and flesh in the spiritual world or Jesus would have professed something that was not only not true, but Jesus also professed something that did not come to pass when He spoke it forth. Show me any place in the Bible where Jesus spoke forth something that didn't come to pass.

The only way the communion "was purely a symbolic" is if Jesus' profession failed Him. So to accommodate your thinking, here we have Jesus confessing something, calling those things which be not as though they were, and it didn't turn out the way that Jesus professed it. Of course Jesus' profession did not fail Him.

Jesus called the wine His blood and the bread His flesh. If Jesus said it then it either was or became that way when he said it. Since it didn't become that way in the physical world, when He spoke of the wine and bread, then it must have happened in the spiritual world.

This brings me back to my previous thinking. Specifically the blood and body of Christ are spiritually seeded in the leavened bread and wine communion elements, when the elements are blessed in faith in the name of Jesus. The body and blood of Christ are in the same dimension that our spirit-man and Jesus are in, while the actual bread and wine are in what we know as our physical universe. The blood and body of Jesus has the same relationship to the bread and wine as our spirit-man has to our body.

The blood and flesh that Jesus was speaking of is spirit (anointing). When our flesh dies, our spirit-man, complete with our soul, is released from this physical Universe. Likewise, when we consume the blessed bread and wine, in faith, Jesus' blood and flesh are released into our spirit and flesh. Both our spirit and flesh derive real Godly benefits and blessings form this release.

Confession in the cornerstone of the WOF movement. Either things are as Jesus confessed them or they are not.

:wave:

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Prosperity....Except that Jesus said the wine was His blood and the bread was his flesh. If Jesus said it, then it is that way. Jesus was not speaking in future tense, He spoke in present tense.

It's important that inward truth is revealed, and it's not produced by outward ceremony Your making outward ceremony and contents used, as your inward truth.

We drink His blood and eat His flesh from inward truth revealed. It's not produced in the spirit of a person, by outward ceremony. You are taking the practice of an outward ceremony as the thing that produced the inward truth. This is not the case. The inward truth is that Jesus shed His blood for us. The inward truth is that His Physical body was broken for us. There was real blood, and a real body. We acknowledge this truth in communion by using bread and wine (or grape juice or whatever) to symbolize the physical content of His Person. The actual cup used, and the wine in the cup is unable to save anybody..but the real blood of Jesus shed, and his real body broken can. You are substituting the shedding of real blood, and real body of the Lord, for bread and wine as the literal offering.

Upvote 0

Prosperity

Oct 18, 2005
Kansas
✟902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's important that inward truth is revealed, and it's not produced by outward ceremony Your making outward ceremony and contents used, as your inward truth.
We drink His blood and eat His flesh from inward truth revealed. It's not produced in the spirit of a person, by outward ceremony. You are taking the practice of an outward ceremony as the thing that produced the inward truth. This is not the case. The inward truth is that Jesus shed His blood for us. The inward truth is that His Physical body was broken for us. There was real blood, and a real body. We acknowledge this truth in communion by using bread and wine (or grape juice or whatever) to symbolize the physical content of His Person. The actual cup used, and the wine in the cup is unable to save anybody..but the real blood of Jesus shed, and his real body broken can. You are substituting the shedding of real blood, and real body of the Lord, for bread and wine as the literal offering.

Trish, I'm sorry to have to tell you that you have, once again, completely missed the point.

You simply need to re-read my post . I can't make a serious responses to false accusations and misconceptions.

From what WOF teaching do you get this from. My last post was well in line with WOF, in that what Jesus says is, in fact is and I now the meaning of is.

:wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.