✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today at 08:06 PM Br. Max said this in Post #94

it seems it is as I feared. I am not welcome to post here. I either have to walk along with out offering that there are other points of view amonst those who are in effect "catholic" and conform to the RCC or not post in this forum. I have been so informed more or less by a moderator for this forum.

Let's make sure we're all on the same page here.

The Interdenominational Doctrinal Debate form is for debating doctrines of the different Christian faiths.

You don't think Peter was the first Pope or that Mary is the Mother of God OR that confession to a priest is biblical - fine. You have a forum to debate and discuss those disagreements.

"One Bread, One Body" is a forum for discussing, DISCUSSING Catholicism.

Let me say that again "DISCUSSING"..

NOT Debating

NOT Disparaging

NOT Disputing

NOT Disrupting

But DISCUSSING. Question about the Catholic Faith - get an answer about the Catholic faith - from Catholics.

Second point, what constitutes "Catholic" at CF. Since there are a number of groups who claim the "Catholic" title but do not adhere to what is typically considered "Catholic", namely Roman Catholic - we have defined what "Catholic" means here at CF.

Welcome to the One Bread, One Body Forum. This is the place to discuss issues and topics relating to the Catholic Church---that is, Christians and churches who are united under the leadership of the Roman Pontiff, and who believe in Holy Scripture, Sacred Tradition, and the teaching Magesterium of the Church. All Christians are welcome and are invited to discuss issues with us. We only ask two things in return:

1. This is a forum made up of Catholics who are in submission to the Pope and the Holy See. We would ask that discussions of a doctrinal nature please bear this in mind as the model to adhere to; although there are varying definitions of what "catholic" is, in order to dispel confusion among non-Catholic visitors and disruption of the forum as a whole, this is the definition of "Catholic" for this forum.

2. Those with disagreements or issues about Catholic faith and doctrine are asked to post respectfully and politely; you may "agree to disagree", but you may not disparage, denegrate, or libel Catholicism, nor may you post links to anti-Catholic sites, pictures, etc. Die-hard anti-catholics are firmly asked to take such material elsewhere; this is a discussion forum, not a debate forum. Feel free to ask questions; but do not slam Catholics, Catholicism, or the Catholic Church.

Everyone is welcome to post in this forum, and we look forward to stimulating discussions.

Please abide by the rules, and may God bless you!

The Catholic Moderator Staff

KC Catholic

Wolseley

Jukesk9

Isshinwhat

Third Point...Erwins new rules - a refresher course.

Catholic Forum Rules

1) This forum is open to all Christians. Non-Christian members are not allowed to post here.

2) Catholic Christian members can post fellowship threads here as well as debate threads to discuss various doctrines to do with their own Church and other denominations (including the Protestant and non-Catholic churches), as long as they are within our rules.

3) Non-Catholic members (eg. Protestant members) can only post fellowship posts here or posts to ask a question regarding Catholic doctrine. Once the question is answered, there shall be no debate over the answer in this forum by the Non-Catholic. Any debate posts by Non-Catholics will be deleted or moved to the Interdenominational Doctrine Debate forum. In other words, only Catholic members can debate here.

4) Only a Catholic moderator can moderate posts in this forum.

5) No posts that denigrate a Christian denomination or Christian group including Protestant denominations will be tolerated - these will be deleted and the poster will be warned.

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A
Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, if you don't like the rules - I am sorry, but we have to draw a line somewhere.

It is clear what non-Catholic (as defined by our rules) posters are allowed to do here in One Bread, One Body.

That is to post fellowship (nice, friendly, Christ-like threads) and threads that ask sincere questions. Once the question is answered - that is it - NO DEBATES.

Now....Non-Catholics have the "Non-Denominational/Reformed/Protestant Forum" that has the same type of rules for Catholics.

Catholics can post fellowship (nice, friendly, Christ-like threads) and threads that ask sincere questions. Once the question is answered - that is it - NO DEBATES.

So the DMZ's have been established and we're still trying to work to support them. You want to debate - fine..stick to the rules of engagement and debate away in IDD.

Now...I think we're all pretty clear on the rules.

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
KC :If you look at post number 80... a Catholic completely discredited all Protestant churches. It seems to me that this also should not be allowed. How can you expect people not to respond.

People need to learn how to speak of their beliefs without comparing then to others.

I think it would be great. If the Protestants did not talk behind the Catholics backs on their forum... and in turn the Catholics did not talk about the Protestants.

Take it to the debate forum.

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A
Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today at 10:37 AM Stormy said this in Post #105

KC :If you look at post number 80... a Catholic completely discredited all Protestant churches. It seems to me that this also should not be allowed. How can you expect people not to respond.

Point well taken, I will review the situation and act accordingly. We have to keep a balance. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Axion

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2003
uk
Visit site
✟4,616.00
Faith
Catholic
As the author of Post 80, I have to say that it was written in response to a number of posts appearing to disparage Catholic beliefs on the basis of Protestant arguments - ie attacking the Papacy, its origins, the teaching office of the Church, Marian doctrines etc.

These posts may have led me to forget that I was no longer in the interdenominational debate forum.

Upvote 0

Kotton

Feb 8, 2002
Kansas
Visit site
✟20,964.00
Faith
Catholic
Yesterday at 09:14 PM Axion said this in Post #107

As the author of Post 80, I have to say that it was written in response to a number of posts appearing to disparage Catholic beliefs on the basis of Protestant arguments - ie attacking the Papacy, its origins, the teaching office of the Church, Marian doctrines etc.

These posts may have led me to forget that I was no longer in the interdenominational debate forum.

Since the purpose of this forum is to present the Catholic view and answer questions regarding our belief, I found your response to be in line with that . First, you gave several quotes of scripture. Second, you ran down the position of the Church and it was backed by the previous scripture and history.

a Catholic completely discredited all Protestant churches.

Not on the basic teachings of salvation, but only in regard to the belief ' God abandoned the Church to error before 1520.'  

I read the post two days ago, and studied #80. The next day I did the same. Today after seeing Axion's post, I reviewed the entire matter and posted my views above.

People need to learn how to speak of their beliefs without comparing then to others.

I found the comparing to be about scripture and history. Why should this be only in IDD forum?

Kotton :sigh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.