Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
God is the Author of scientific truth. He created all the laws of physics. This is a full commentary on Genesis chapter 1 and it does harmonize better than all other interpretations. When I see a lack of harmony in an explanation, I know something is amiss. If you disagree with something here please ask a question.

You account harmonizes with nothing from actual Biblical accounts.

You have taken scientific ideas and have tried to mix them with The written Biblical accounts. That is like trying to mix oil and water. Genesis chapter 1 needs no help from science to be explained. Everything needed to know about creation is in The Bible and The rest of The Bible supports The creation account given in Genesis 1. Science supports nothing from The Bible and explains nothing from The Bible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
You account harmonizes with nothing from actual Biblical accounts.

You have taken scientific ideas and have tried to mix them with The written Biblical accounts. That is like trying to mix oil and water. Genesis chapter 1 needs no help from science to be explained. Everything needed to know about creation is in The Bible and The rest of The Bible supports The creation account given in Genesis 1. Science supports nothing from The Bible and explains anything from The Bible.

Oh it harmonizes perfectly. But I can see that you're another flat earther who only applies 21st century liberal interpretations on the Bible that are well refuted by real scholars and well refuted by ancient scholars. So all this ANE stuff is just a modern myth that does not exist in the real Bible.

Take this meme for example. This one challenges the ANE - flat earth meme. But this meme is actually accurate.
275296439_674303247230401_1209498354021297553_n.jpg

You see, this so-called map of the Hebrews never existed.

Going back to harmonization, I have seen flat earth efforts to do this and they can't. The harmonization of this topic is supported by real facts. It's an understanding of Genesis 1 that focuses on those things that some people wanna know. Many people want to know if the Bible is scientific. Because there are plenty of solid facts today that would easily prove the Bible is false if the Bible disagreed with these facts. We're talking very well established facts like the spherical shape of the earth. While I know flat earthers reject knowledge, nevertheless, most people don't. They understand that the earth is a sphere that rotates in space and moves around the sun. The Bible taught these things long before modern science, so this commentary is not making the Bible fit science, but explaining it in such a way that people can understand the chapter from a more scientific perspective.

I'd personally rather spend my time posting comments about the Gospel. Though I have studied creationism and apologetics because I know the importance it has on our modern world and the youth. Actually, I really don't like spending much time on this issue because there are more important issues out there like matters of salvation. But then again, for some people, this topic is a matter of salvation because they are either deceiving people into flat earth or being deceived by flat earth. And since it is well established that the earth is a globe, and the Bible says the earth is a rotating globe, then for many this issue is a salvation matter because of how ANE/FEers spread false testimony against God on the internet.

Even the first early church father that we have on record, Clement of Rome, read about a globe earth with antipodes from the Bible. Now its impossible to get a flat earth when there are antipodes. I know what Clement was reading to arrive to that conclusion as well, and another member here also posted about that on another topic. So from the 1st century of Christ, we have a church father who read globe earth with antipodes from the Bible - right there in the 1st century! Now today there are not many people who studied this particular topic which is why we have a flat earth movement today. But anyone who has a facebook account knows all about the flat earth as that's all everybody heard for a few years there. Many of us looked into this flat earth claim because we acknowledged that it was a very forceful claim with destructive consequences if what flat earth says were to be true. The studies that many of us have taken up were all very rewarding. There are at least a few good scholars out there who know this topic well and they've taught others how to respond to this major twisting of Scripture. So this is why I am even posting about this topic. I know that it is a salvation issue because there is too much real knowledge out there for people to false witness in God's Name. ANE, flat earth, are teaching a form of Gnosticism that is heresy in the ancient church as well as the modern church.

It's good to have a more solid understanding on Genesis 1. This commentary will help you understand the chapter. But if you're anything like the other flat earther here you won't read a thing and will keep posting comments while ignoring everyone else. I see this as a form of spiritual anarchy from the left.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: CallofChrist
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Oh it harmonizes perfectly. But I can see that you're another flat earther who only applies 21st century liberal interpretations on the Bible that are well refuted by real scholars and well refuted by ancient scholars. So all this ANE stuff is just a modern myth that does not exist in the real Bible.

Take this meme for example. This one challenges the ANE - flat earth meme. But this meme is actually accurate.View attachment 315629

You see, this so-called map of the Hebrews never existed.

Going back to harmonization, I have seen flat earth efforts to do this and they can't. The harmonization of this topic is supported by real facts. It's an understanding of Genesis 1 that focuses on those things that some people wanna know. Many people want to know if the Bible is scientific. Because there are plenty of solid facts today that would easily prove the Bible is false if the Bible disagreed with these facts. We're talking very well established facts like the spherical shape of the earth. While I know flat earthers reject knowledge, nevertheless, most people don't. They understand that the earth is a sphere that rotates in space and moves around the sun. The Bible taught these things long before modern science, so this commentary is not making the Bible fit science, but explaining it in such a way that people can understand the chapter from a more scientific perspective.

I'd personally rather spend my time posting comments about the Gospel. Though I have studied creationism and apologetics because I know the importance it has on our modern world and the youth. Actually, I really don't like spending much time on this issue because there are more important issues out there like matters of salvation. But then again, for some people, this topic is a matter of salvation because they are either deceiving people into flat earth or being deceived by flat earth. And since it is well established that the earth is a globe, and the Bible says the earth is a rotating globe, then for many this issue is a salvation matter because of how ANE/FEers spread false testimony against God on the internet.

Even the first early church father that we have on record, Clement of Rome, read about a globe earth with antipodes from the Bible. Now its impossible to get a flat earth when there are antipodes. I know what Clement was reading to arrive to that conclusion as well, and another member here also posted about that on another topic. So from the 1st century of Christ, we have a church father who read globe earth with antipodes from the Bible - right there in the 1st century! Now today there are not many people who studied this particular topic which is why we have a flat earth movement today. But anyone who has a facebook account knows all about the flat earth as that's all everybody heard for a few years there. Many of us looked into this flat earth claim because we acknowledged that it was a very forceful claim with destructive consequences if what flat earth says were to be true. The studies that many of us have taken up were all very rewarding. There are at least a few good scholars out there who know this topic well and they've taught others how to respond to this major twisting of Scripture. So this is why I am even posting about this topic. I know that it is a salvation issue because there is too much real knowledge out there for people to false witness in God's Name. ANE, flat earth, are teaching a form of Gnosticism that is heresy in the ancient church as well as the modern church.

It's good to have a more solid understanding on Genesis 1. This commentary will help you understand the chapter. But if you're anything like the other flat earther here you won't read a thing and will keep posting comments while ignoring everyone else. I see this as a form of spiritual anarchy from the left.

21st liberal approach, not sure where you get that.

I believe the literal creation accounts given in The Bible and i do not bring in science to these descriptions. Like 95%+ of christianity does.

A simple fact from The Bible and It's description's given in The Bible.
The Bible never means when using the word earth. That the Bible is speaking about a rotating water covered sphere with areas of land scattered over it. Earth in The Bible means land/ground.

That when God states He created two great lights to give light up on the earth that is what God means. And not a great created light (sun) and a floating rock (moon) that reflects the suns light. A created light is exactly that, a created light.

The sun moves over the earth as does the moon and stars. Never is it stated that the earth moves. Or never does The Bible state anywhere that God created planets. God's creation account is in Genesis 1 and it is a sun, moon and stars.

I could go on but it really is useless, i have had this discussion too many times.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
21st liberal approach, not sure where you get that.

I believe the literal creation accounts given in The Bible and i do not bring in science to these descriptions. Like 95%+ of christianity does.

A simple fact from The Bible and It's description's given in The Bible.
The Bible never means when using the word earth. That the Bible is speaking about a rotating water covered sphere with areas of land scattered over it. Earth in The Bible means land/ground.

That when God states He created two great lights to give light up on the earth that is what God means. And not a great created light (sun) and a floating rock (moon) that reflects the suns light. A created light is exactly that, a created light.

The sun moves over the earth as does the moon and stars. Never is it stated that the earth moves. Or never does The Bible state anywhere that God created planets. God's creation account is in Genesis 1 and it is a sun, moon and stars.

I could go on but it really is useless, i have had this discussion too many times.

Genesis 1:4-5 is traditionally understood as the earth's first full rotation as a spherical planet. That is how the ancients understood it. So any other interpretation of this accept one is liberal. The ancients read verses 4-5 as rotating sphere and most modern scholars understand this has rotating sphere. The is no objection from reputable sources. Therefore it is wise to accept sound doctrine when both ancient and modern scholars are in agreement.

Psalm 90:2 says the earth moves. Isaiah 40:22 says the earth moves. Job 38:14 says the earth moves while facing the "dayspring" (Job 38:12). In geocentrism, the earth never moves. Nowhere in the Bible does it say the earth does not move.
275282360_674299477230778_1547867730496816524_n.jpg

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 90:2 says the earth moves. Isaiah 40:22 says the earth moves. Job 38:14 says the earth moves while facing the "dayspring" (Job 38:12). In geocentrism, the earth never moves. Nowhere in the Bible does it say the earth does not move.
View attachment 315690

upload_2022-5-5_18-34-19.jpeg

• Haha
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 1:4-5 is traditionally understood as the earth's first full rotation as a spherical planet. That is how the ancients understood it. So any other interpretation of this accept one is liberal. The ancients read verses 4-5 as rotating sphere and most modern scholars understand this has rotating sphere. The is no objection from reputable sources. Therefore it is wise to accept sound doctrine when both ancient and modern scholars are in agreement.
View attachment 315690

God does not see that way, if He did, that could have easily been communicated to humanity in The Bible.

The Bible states quite a few time that the sun moves

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
God does not see that way, if He did, that could have easily been communicated to humanity in The Bible.

The Bible states quite a few time that the sun moves
Job 38:12. 14 is heliocentrism. In fact, it cannot be interpreted any other way. Henry Morris is spot on. The earth does not move at all in geocentrism.
275282360_674299477230778_1547867730496816524_n.jpg

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I fully disagree! and I am not a geocentrismist

So, you are not a geocentrist and accuse God of teaching geocentrism. right? Even though the Job passage cannot be interpreted any other way other than to mean heliocentrism. But you still want to believe it teaches geocentrism. So do you believe God, Who is speaking to Job in the passage, was wrong?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So, you are not a geocentrist and accuse God of teaching geocentrism. right? Even though the Job passage cannot be interpreted any other way other than to mean heliocentrism. But you still want to believe it teaches geocentrism. So do you believe God, Who is speaking to Job in the passage, was wrong?
-
I am not accusing God of teaching geocentrism. Never have i stated the earth is a sphere with the sun moving around it. The sun moves over the earth as does the moon and stars.

The Bible interpreters the Bible. It is not, The Bible is interpreted by science and that is exactly how this Henry Morris person arrived at him believing Job 38 12-14 is describing a rotating sphere earth. Because if he had only used The Bible, he would have never been able to arrive at his belief.

• Agree
Upvote 0