Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had a short vision of seeing a river bed and crisp cool water flowing overtop the rock. 'Im certain much can be pulled from this, but I believe it to mean that the Lord is giving sweet fresh flowing water covering as we endure our burdens. He is making the hard and unbendable beautiful and smooth. I'd forgotten the vision untill I was listening to praise videos and found a short scene in this lovely one that I felt I should share. How much do we need these Psalm 23 moments especially in such days of stress and uncertainty even in "the free" world.
I Lift My Hands by Chris Tomlin - YouTube

Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I was reading about Solar storm of 1859 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia auroras this morning and thought of your dream.

"The light appeared to cover the whole firmament, apparently like a luminous cloud, through which the stars of the larger magnitude indistinctly shone. The light was greater than that of the moon at its full, but had an indescribable softness and delicacy that seemed to envelop everything upon which it rested."

Baltimore American and Commercial ... - Google News Archive Search

Peace and beauty in the midst of the storm.

Upvote 0

wlewis7789

Sep 26, 2011
✟15,198.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Right before I read this yeasterday morning. I wasn't feeling well, and I was for some reason thinking about throughout in my life, the people around me always seemed insensitive whenever I would need to be reassured or comforted. There was no one to who I could just go to who would hold or comfort me without judging me or giving me advice etc...
I said to myself, "well, God has always been my comforter". Which is true. Immediately after I had this thought, I got on the internet and the first thing ! went to was this forum and I saw this post! Thank the Lord once again for HIS comfort ;). Bless you all!

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My kid's dvd was playing while reading your post Parsley and this old hymn stuck out to me especially when reading the wikipedia link. The world He has created for us is both amazing and beautiful, but will not be completely free of evil and pain till He comes for His bride the Church:clap:

This Is My Father's World - 2nd Chapter of Acts - YouTube

What is in the newspaper article you posted along with the other link:)

btw
Anyone tell me how to post youtube links in that the video pic actually shows as they did before, but no longer when I copy and paste:confused:

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Aw that hymn, so true. In the rustling grass I hear Him pass, He speaks to me everywhere.

the people around me always seemed insensitive whenever I would need to be reassured or comforted. There was no one to who I could just go to who would hold or comfort me without judging me or giving me advice etc...
Isn't that a tragedy! I hope that we can influence others in our churches to be more humble and caring. I remember a day when people could call up twenty church friends to move furniture at short notice. And everyone had fun doing it.

The newspaper link-- that was just a source quote reference.

Videos-not sure if this is what you mean, but when I "copy embedded" it doesn't embed at CF, but when I copy the normal link it does. Has it changed? Mbe just temporary.

Isaiah 58:9Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right before I read this yeasterday morning. I wasn't feeling well, and I was for some reason thinking about throughout in my life, the people around me always seemed insensitive whenever I would need to be reassured or comforted. There was no one to who I could just go to who would hold or comfort me without judging me or giving me advice etc...
I said to myself, "well, God has always been my comforter". Which is true. Immediately after I had this thought, I got on the internet and the first thing ! went to was this forum and I saw this post! Thank the Lord once again for HIS comfort ;). Bless you all!
Thank you for letting me know how the post encouraged you as I had this feeling I should start this thread. How true in that only Jesus can be our true comort as in the praise song that says "there is none like You. No one else can touch my heart like You do. I could search for all enternity through and find there is none like You." Isn't the Lord amazing:clap::hug:

Upvote 0