Come Into The Deep End... with ImHisServant (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivingLifeHisWay

If grace is an ocean we're all sinking.
Oct 25, 2006
✟16,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Savedsis:hug:

The appointment went well but I was so miserable earlier today after I went home. I had quite a few quiet times in the morning and with all your prayers the day improved.

I found such a great peace in just hanging out in the Devotionals on CF. My mom volunteered to have my little girl for the day and I spent the day in His Word, praying, reading and praising. No tv, no sound other than my crazy kitten tearing around the house.

Our Heavenly Father is so awesome and such a comfort. :)

Be blessed, sis. :groupray:
So happy your day improved! God is comforting!

Upvote 0

LivingLifeHisWay

If grace is an ocean we're all sinking.
Oct 25, 2006
✟16,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Ladies!

I wanted to put myself out there and get something off my chest. I really need some solid biblical advice here. I love my husband dearly and he is a Christian which alleviates a lot of conflict that resides in a lot of marriages. However, I sometimes struggle with his spiritual growth. I know he's not reading the bible like he's supposed to and I'm not sure how much of a solo-prayer life he has. He loves the Lord and for that I am grateful - bieleve me! But I can't help but feel sad when I see him struggle with things, or not choosing the best paths according to God's Word. I know that his walk is his walk and mine is mine but I sometimes feel like shaking him and saying "READ YOUR BIBLE AND PRAY!" Because I know that if he just did it he would grow and his relationship with God would shine. I'm sorry that I'm blabbing......I guess what I'm asking is how do I stop caring so much about my husband's walk? Why can't I just focus on my own and trust that God will draw my husband to Him. God knows that I too at times haven't prayed or read my bible like I'm supposed to but He draws me to Him again and again.

I guess I've answered my own question. lol Trust in Him.

~I feel lighter now...thanks for listening.

Reactions: ImHisServant
Upvote 0

~InHisHands~

At the feet of Jesus
Sep 3, 2006
✟18,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Ladies!

I wanted to put myself out there and get something off my chest. I really need some solid biblical advice here. I love my husband dearly and he is a Christian which alleviates a lot of conflict that resides in a lot of marriages. However, I sometimes struggle with his spiritual growth. I know he's not reading the bible like he's supposed to and I'm not sure how much of a solo-prayer life he has. He loves the Lord and for that I am grateful - bieleve me! But I can't help but feel sad when I see him struggle with things, or not choosing the best paths according to God's Word. I know that his walk is his walk and mine is mine but I sometimes feel like shaking him and saying "READ YOUR BIBLE AND PRAY!" Because I know that if he just did it he would grow and his relationship with God would shine. I'm sorry that I'm blabbing......I guess what I'm asking is how do I stop caring so much about my husband's walk? Why can't I just focus on my own and trust that God will draw my husband to Him. God knows that I too at times haven't prayed or read my bible like I'm supposed to but He draws me to Him again and again.

Maybe that's what God is doing at the moment. Perhaps he's doing the shaking. I would simply suggest that you keep him in your daily prayers. :hug:

Upvote 0
S

SpiritOfChristmas

8_2_58.gif

Upvote 0

ImHisServant

Let Everything That Has Breath Praise The Lord!!
Jun 21, 2005
Florida
Visit site
✟18,039.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Ladies!

You just hit me SO squarely!! I feel like I could have written this post!! And yes... the answer is to trust in Him and focus on ourselves. Knowing the answers and applying them to our own daily life is different though at times isn't it??

I never see my dh read the bible or pray either... the only time I ever see him progress is when I am totally submitted to God through daily seeking His guidance and "doing" what He tells me to do wheather I like it or not. But for me it's hard to stay consistant. Each time I get in the zone so to speak... something happens in the extended family where I get called away and getting back to where it was takes awhile. By where it was meaning my relationship with God, my husband and kids. I feel like my dh is oblivious to what is really important in life... and that he doesn't really treat our relationship as valuable as it is. I'm getting better at keeping the focus on myself... it was so much harder when I was younger. Seems every time I'm in self pity crying out to the Lord... He somehow turns it back on me. A little saying that helps when I'm others' focused and there are problems is... "Let it begin with me" If I just sit with God each day and listen & obey... it all falls into place. So why is it so hard to stay in that pattern and mindset?? :scratch: :sigh:

Upvote 0

rosiecotton

Veteran
Mar 6, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
✟17,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have been through this with my husband.
Both of us have gone to church basically our whole lives. After we were married I was the one involved a lot more with church. There was a 2 year period, '99 and 2000 where we weren't in church at all. I drifted from God and did some things I shouldn' thave.
In January of 2001 I rededicated my life. This time though was different, I finally understood what it meant to have a real relationship with God. I got really involved with church.
My husband would come to church, but only on Sunday mornings. He wasn't interested in getting involved at all in any other way. At first, I compared him to other men in the church, wishing he was more like them. I got discouraged.
Finally, God made me realize I shouldn't be comparing him. These are the things God made me realize:
1. I had to accept my husband just the way he was. I had to stop wanting to change him or wishing he would change. That doesn't mean he was perfect, or there weren't areas he didn't need to work on. But God knows the kind of man He wants him to be. And He knows a lot more than I do!!! Just because I think I know what is best for my husband, doesn't mean that is what God wants for him. I had to get out of the way and let God work on him. Sometimes when we want to step in and even 'prod' our husbands in what we think is the right direction, we can be getting in God's way.
2. I can't compare my walk with God with his walk with God. We don't know in what ways God is working in our husbands. We need to trust that God is big enough to get our husbands attention and do what He wants in our lives.
3. I had to start working on myself!!! I am the only person I can work on changing. Think how hard it is to change something in ourselves. Why do we then think we can change someone else?
It wasn't easy. Many times I just had to keep quiet and pray, pray, pray!!
And changes did happen!!! Slowly, over a few years, my husband started getting more involved in church. He went to sunday school, something he always hated to do. He got involved in a small group with me. He also serves communion.
Also, last year he went on the men's Emmaus walk (for those who don't know what that is, it's a 3-day spiritual retreat). I had gone on my walk in October 2001 and never thought he would go on one!
So changes can happen. But we have to get out of the way and let God work.

Reactions: ImHisServant
Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Because that's what the devil does best. He loves to cause all sorts of disruptions and distractions to keep us from doing what we need to do to take care of our spiritual lives.
Amen!

Upvote 0

ImHisServant

Jun 21, 2005
Florida
Visit site
✟18,039.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you all don't mind... I'd like to keep the discussion going in this direction or any direction it happens to go from here. This does not have to be limited to husbands... it can be any relationship.

In what areas to you find it hard to give it to God and stay out of His way??

After holding on to it and trying to find solutions yourself... then giving it to God... what was the result??

In applying this... what was your way of giving something to God and letting it go??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~InHisHands~

At the feet of Jesus
Sep 3, 2006
✟18,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you all don't mind... I'd like to keep the discussion going in this direction or any direction it happens to go from here. This does not have to be limited to husbands... it can be any relationship.

In what areas to you find it hard to give it to God and stay out of His way??

After holding on to it and trying to find solutions yourself... then giving it to God... what was the result??

In applying this... what was your way of giving something to God and letting it go??
As I've said in the past, most of my difficulties come from work. I have an extremely difficult time staying out of the Lord's way at work. For 7 yrs. I've battled the same issue and tried to find my own solutions. As I've continued to study and grow in my walk, I finally learned that I can't do these things without him. I finally saw the light and just gave the entire issue over to him. I began to see small but, immediate improvements. Now as I go along, things have smoothed out some between myself and the issue at hand. I've seen gradual improvements over the past few months. Nothing dramatic. Just little things that have helped with the bigger picture. As my relationship improves with the one lady...other areas of my job have also made progress.

Upvote 0

Sennaria

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
Hill Country, Texas
✟17,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Ladies!

I wanted to put myself out there and get something off my chest. I really need some solid biblical advice here. I love my husband dearly and he is a Christian which alleviates a lot of conflict that resides in a lot of marriages. However, I sometimes struggle with his spiritual growth. I know he's not reading the bible like he's supposed to and I'm not sure how much of a solo-prayer life he has. He loves the Lord and for that I am grateful - bieleve me! .
Ok ok my turn, for I've been having the same struggle. I'm not sure how many of you know my circumstances......I am legally married, but the man I am married to, well he abandoned us, chose his drugs and bottle and girlfriend over his family, myself and our kids about 10 years ago now. So I finished raising the kids on my own and with no support physically or financially from him. About 5 years ago, I met a man whom I fell in love with (and this was during my rebellion/anger with God) and we ended up together. Now neither of us were in God's grace at the time. -Fast Forward- I turned back to God about 3 years ago, Eric has never really believed either way....He didn't deny Him, but He didn't accept Him either. Eric's Father passed away 2 years ago, on that day, the Lord touched Eric and through that Eric is now saved and water-baptized and believes very deeply in his head. He has already in three months, maybe not even that read the Bible front to back and he had never cracked it before. Praise God.....now...another quick fast forward...during our last big trial here in the restaurant, we met with our Pastor and, of course, I knew what was going to be said, for God had been telling me for quite awhile, but I was scared to say anything to Eric. It was that night 3 or 4 months back now, that we repented of our sins together and our life that was not a Godly life at all due to my circumstance and while we cannot afford to live in two houses, we do live in 2 different rooms now and use every bit of modesty around each other so that we stay right with God and are more roommates than even boyfriend/girlfriend and will remain so until Pastor can marry us. Ok, anyway, now that you know my situation.

Your post so struck me for I have been dealing with the same thing. I have seen tremendous growth and change in Eric since his salvation. But whereas God has been helping me move my head knowledge to my heart and truly truly am developing a wonderful relationship with Him, I ache for Eric, for he does not have the same thing. It's all still in his head and one can tell by the fruits. He had a hard time adjusting to the change in our relationship and the twinkle in his eye and the joy and the laughter that he used to have just isn't there anymore. Now that he has finished the Bible once, he is still reading it, but he is more reading the notes and articles and writing notes. He has notebooks of notes. This I know is a good thing, but what I think is sad is that he still doesn't really see it as a vibrant, joyful, giving and receiving relationship. From what I've seen God is still distant. He isn't yet seeking his fullfillment from a relationship with Jesus, he is still trying to get fulfillment himself and he's frustrated. Frustrated with himself, lack of time, lack of any "us" as he calls it etc. I am not sure he is praying, and I just am scared....because while I know he is saved, "we" I know, depends on 'his' relationship with Jesus. If, and I doubt it would happen, but let's just say if, he were to ever say to me, "choose", I would without a blink tell him, you lose, for I would choose Jesus. He wouldn't do this, and I don't know why I thought it today, I think in a way it scares me that he might do that subconsciously like my ex.
I keep praying for him daily, for he is usually such a happy person, and I want to drag him to that happiness and know I cannot. Only God can. So like you...I am rather in the same boat. Perhaps we can pray together??

Sennaria

(p.s. I am praying very hard that God show me how to get the money up for a divorce and would appreciate prayers from others on this. When I was raising the kids, I couldn't afford it as a single mom and their Dad was not open to signing it, so I had to have a lawyer, and now, with my business and home that I have, myself, on my own, gotten I still need a lawyer, I cannot just file the papers myself and its more expensive than I can afford -I don't get paid yet from my business-, but God can provide because I know He wants us right before Him so He can bless us.)

Reactions: Savedsis
Upvote 0

ImHisServant

Jun 21, 2005
Florida
Visit site
✟18,039.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you so much for sharing so deeply with us Sennaria... it sounds like he has come such a long way... longer then you could have ever thought in the beginning :) He may just be growing in places you can't see or at a different rate... but as long as he is going to church and reading the bible... he will grow. God's Word will not return void!!

I am leaving in an hour for our journey... I have next week covered for topics... thanks ladies for stepping in for me. My husband is taking his work's laptop... but not sure if I can get on it or not... so don't count on me - but maybe I'll find a way at my friend's house or at my in-laws.

Have a great Thanksgiving with family and friends - and don't eat too much ;)

:hug: :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~InHisHands~

At the feet of Jesus
Sep 3, 2006
✟18,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
Romans 12:16 {NIV}

Like a quartet plays in perfect unison...the Lord wants his children to work together. Beautiful music is made when we each do our part.

Upvote 0

Sennaria

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
Hill Country, Texas
✟17,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
Romans 12:16 {NIV}

Like a quartet plays in perfect unison...the Lord wants his children to work together. Beautiful music is made when we each do our part.

Oh, I like these, especially the second one....it really spoke to my heart.

Thanks!

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving Gina!!

His servant
Sennaria

Upvote 0

Sennaria

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
Hill Country, Texas
✟17,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
~Isn't Gina~

Oh crumb, I'm so bad at names.........:sigh:
I'm sorry, I'm just as bad offline too, I remember faces not names. I was positive I had it right, I've even had to start a list with nicknames and names I've learned so I can be sure to keep em straight......sorry, I'll be sure to change this, I thought I even doublechecked to make sure I'mHisServant was Gina.

If someone doesn't mind.....so I can learn everyone's names who has ever used them...would someone write them?

ohhhhhh I just figured it out!!! I was thank ou you InHisHands for the two lines then went on to wish Gina (ImHisServant) a safe Thanksgiving and trip. Sorry for the confusion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.