Come Into The Deep End... with ImHisServant (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImHisServant

Let Everything That Has Breath Praise The Lord!!
Jun 21, 2005
Florida
Visit site
✟18,039.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A deep end update...

I have 3 people so far interested in posting topics. :D :tutu: If anyone else is interested please PM me.

Thanks to:
LivingLifeHisWay:hug:
Woman.at.the.Well:hug:
Burn97:hug:

I look forward to seeing what you have to share.

Upvote 0

powerofprayer

I will praise Him in this storm.....
May 12, 2006
Georgia
✟16,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maharg, I love your story. Bless you for your obedience. I know what you mean when you said - at first you weren't sure it was God telling you to raise the stick over your head - but you later received confirmation. Isn't it amazing that He provides us with that confirmation!
Two weeks ago I suddenly began thinking of a woman in our town who had lost her 16 year old daughter in a car accident about 2 years ago. Her daughter Lauren went to school with my daughter Amanda. I could not get her off of my mind. I felt that God wanted me to contact her & let her know that I still remembered her daughter and that Lauren had made a difference in the lives of so many people. Funny thing was that I didn't even know this woman's name! I tried to dismiss it but...God lead me right into the Christian bookstore where I found myself standing in front of the card section. I was thinking to myself "What kind of card should I get...?" The very first card I picked up said this...
The light of a distant star continues to reach the earth long after the star itself is gone. In the same way, the light and love your loved one gave continues to shine in many hearts.
Now, if God hadn't handed me that card Himself....I don't know what I would have done! Anyway, I wrote a little note inside & dropped it in the mail the next day. And guess what...it was Lauren's birthday!! I had no idea but God is SO awesome! I am SO thankful that He didn't allow me to dismiss it.

:amen: and :bow:

Sandy

Reactions: ImHisServant
Upvote 0

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey ImHisServant:wave: and Everyone else:wave: Thank you for inviting me here. I know it has been a while and I have been quit sick with morning sickness.:sick: So I have not been into any serious threads like this one. I am feeling pretty good now and am ready to jump right in. I would love to give my testimony when appropriate.:thumbsup: Ya'll have a great night.:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LivingLifeHisWay

If grace is an ocean we're all sinking.
Oct 25, 2006
✟16,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maharg & Sandy: Amazing stories. Thanks for sharing them with us. :hug:

And a warm
welcomeglitter1.gif
to the new and returning ladies!!!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

~Christina

Upvote 0

powerofprayer

I will praise Him in this storm.....
May 12, 2006
Georgia
✟16,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
:wave: Hello SportsMommy, AllforJesus, Becka, and HisbyGrace! :wave: Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

JPPT, thanks for the compliment!:blush: I don't know where I'd be without prayer. I believe prayer changes things!

SUNDAY POLL
After our discussion this week on praising God by lifting our hands, I was just wondering WHO was able to get out of their comfort zone at church today and actually do it?!
I tried. It lasted about half of a song :cry: I just felt as if everyone in the congregation was staring at me even though there where SO many other people around me with their hands & arms lifted WAY above their heads. I think I'm hopeless! :swoon:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LivingLifeHisWay

Oct 25, 2006
✟16,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:wave: Hello SportsMommy, AllforJesus, Becka, and HisbyGrace! :wave: Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

JPPT, thanks for the compliment!:blush: I don't know where I'd be without prayer. I believe prayer changes things!

SUNDAY POLL
After our discussion this week on praising God by lifting our hands, I was just wondering WHO was able to get out of their comfort zone at church today and actually do it?!
I tried. It lasted about half of a song :cry: I just felt as if everyone in the congregation was staring at me even though there where SO many other people around me with their hands & arms lifted WAY above their heads. I think I'm hopeless! :swoon:

Sandy, you are not hopeless. You tried and that's what counts. I think praising God by lifting our hands should be a natural thing and if we are totally uncomfortable doing it I don't think we should...I mean if we are forcing ourselves to do it and being self-conscience the whole time are we really praising Him? I don't know.

As for me, I didn't lift my hands today. :( NO ONE not even one person lifts their hands - arms - or anything else at my church. Not that I should care about that but I even think my husband would be in shock if I did it. He's VERY reserved - he won't even pray outloud at our small group. We'll see what next week holds. ;)

~Christina

Upvote 0
K

krys4ever

Sandy: I completely understand why u feel the way u do when praising God.
Christina: Your input made a lot of sense to me and can happen to anyone. I know of some churches that dont praise God outwardly, and are reserved people.

Its meant for me to read both of your posts, because i was just expressing how I felt praising God. I too, would be embarrassed or felt like people would look at me weird or would judge me because I would praise openly, but I have come to realize that all praise, glory and worship belongs to God. Think about it...Jesus Christ died for us and loves us no matter what. People are always gonna say something rather we do right or wrong. I feel that praising God openly(when appropriate) is what everyone should do. Im learning to give God whats do to his name. If someone is looking at me strange, then thats their problem, u know? And Christina, you are right. If we're not praising God whole heartedly, are we really praising him from our hearts at all? Thats something to think about. Well, u both have opened my eyes even more. Letting me know to give God what He desires and deserves.

God Bless Everyone!

Upvote 0

LivingLifeHisWay

Oct 25, 2006
✟16,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Morning Ladies! :wave:

I have volunteered to post topics on Mondays. I'm actually not sure if Gina wanted me to start this Monday but I haven't heard confirmation yet. And since I might not have time to post it later on this morning I figured I'd do it now while I can.

Monday's Topic: January 29th

Love Your Neighbor

Matthew 22:36-40> "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

In a world filled with selfishness Jesus calls us to step out of our comfort zone. He calls us to walk in love and shine His light into the darkest of places. When He walked the earth where did He spend His time? Amongst the tax collectors, liars and prostitues....didn't He? He went to those who needed. Needed - love, forgiveness, direction and guidance. As I reflect on the 2nd greatest commandment I can't help but feel sad when I look at how we function. Do we function as a community? Do our actions reveal love for one another? In today's society community has been replaced with networking. We are too busy doing for ourselves that we neglect others. We ignore the homeless man on the street corner (think of the Good Samaritan story), we look down at the prostitue searching for her next customer, we wag our finger at the teenage boy who overdosed on heroin. But who are these people? What do they represent?

Read this passage of scripture. Jesus is speaking....

Matthew 25: 34-40> "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

They represent our King who gave His life for you, me and them. We, as believers, are the church of God. We are to spread His word, His saving grace and love to the world. The world full of lowly, desperate people who cling to a life on the streets, drugs, prostitution and everything else because they have no hope. Do you know that money usually has nothing to do with homelessness? Most of those people have been abused, neglected or rejected from their families and they didn't have any where else to turn. I ask myself - what if the 12 year old girl down the street was being abused by her father or uncle would she know she could come to my church or my home for help? Or would she hop on a bus and head to the city's core; most likely to be picked up by a man who says he will take care of her only to shoot up with drugs and start selling her body. Would she know? Am I being so self-centered that I'm not reaching out?

I wonder what would happen to this dark world if we as Christians stood united on the word of God. If we stood up for the message Jesus died for - that He is the ONE way to heaven, that He will love you and forgive you if you would just turn to Him with a repentant heart. Would the street corners be empty and our pews full? Who knows....unless we try. Who knows....unless we start loving our neighbor. Not just love but to love him/her as yourself.

Now, that my friends is a world I want to live in.

Discussion: How are you doing in the loving your neighbor department?

Upvote 0

rosiecotton

Veteran
Mar 6, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
✟17,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am reading a book called The Gutter, by Craig Gross, for the 2nd time through. It is a powerful and very convicting book. And it's all about this topic!!
In this book he talks about how Christians are afraid to go to the gutter--that place where the prostitutes, drug dealers, homeless, are.
What I like in this book, instead of calling them unbelievers, he calls them unchurched, pre-Christians and "lost children of God". But most people, including Christians, don't look at them that way. Instead, we look at them as the scum of the earth. As people that don't deserve our time.
When in reality, they are real people, with real problems, real feelings, real hurts. And they are lost. He said there is really only one small difference between us and them....we have Jesus and they need Him.
At the moment, I really don't do anything to reach out to them. But as I said, this book was really convicting. I want to do something, just don't know what yet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.