Georgia
✟2,695.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Call or visit the college you're interested in attending. You could also probably find the requirements for the particular program you're interested in online. Look at any university that offers the degree you want to get an idea.

Upvote 0

Singin4Him

Here I am Lord, send me!
Jul 31, 2004
Texas
✟20,030.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a Psych major and plan on doing counseling. You need to find out what the basic classes are that you need and take those first (Math, science, history, english...etc) After that you need to find out what the core Psych classes are that you need. For me it's classes like General Psych, Lifespan Psych, Psych of Personality, Study of the family, Research Methods....etc. Some college have counseling courses but most major Universities only offer Psych classes. If you want to do Christian counseling you might want to consider a Christian University, otherwise you will find yourself very frustrated with the worldly teaching in the secular Psych classes, many are very liberal and off the wall IMO.

Upvote 0

squeakyclean1

Jan 17, 2005
Posen or Bourbonnais, IL
Visit site
✟1,360.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a psych major too, and I want to be a christian counselor also. You'll probably just have to get your psych degree, and then get your masters, and where you get your masters you'll have to take more counseling classes.

Upvote 0