KellyLeigh

Legend
Aug 13, 2005
✟22,436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear ya! Thank goodness I am graduating in april and wont have to put up with the college drinking any more!

Drinking in itself is not a sin, but getting completely trashed is. which of course is what 99% of the college students that drink do :doh:

Especially love how my roommate who used to be good is now going out to bars and getting drunk every night.... not to mention she's only 19

Upvote 0

Doubledb

Jul 3, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟7,975.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I go to a Christian college, and there is so much drinking here! My roommate and some of my wingmates are drunk right now, I just left them.

I'm not really looking for advice, just venting! Drunks are so annoying! Ack!
yeah, it just depends on if your school actually enforces a DRY CAMPUS or not. i know some "Christina" universities that allow alchohol and sometimes smoking as long as you are of age. they see it more as a personal conviction, one that they should not have to worry about. Personally, i was thankful my undergraduate college enforced it. It was also nice having quite hours so i could study or go to sleep without stupid people keeping me awake. Well, sometimes the football player would be playing DOMINOES till 3 AM... ha ha, but they were nice and got quiet when i asked.

- Daniel (doubledb)

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I went to a huge party school myself. The good thing was that it was so big that if your goal was to find a huge drunken party you could, but if you wanted sober friends, there were those too. I found them, mostly.

I remember one summer one of my classmates got caught with beer in his dorm room...he was also 30-something. ^_^

Upvote 0

Moluku

Becoming Mrs. McCarthy June 2, 2007.
Sep 14, 2005
Oregon
✟10,001.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Libertarian
I go to a dry campus and I know they're pretty strict when it comes to drinking, even smoking on campus. It's a bit of a contrast since I was going to a regular university before transferring here. The school I went to was pretty liberal to say the least. The RAs weren't any better then some of the students they were housed with. Alcohol was pretty prevalent and I was first shocked when I saw the bottles in a friend's room from over the weekend.

Upvote 0

JayCdn

May 14, 2006
CowTown
Visit site
✟7,978.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
In my opinion there is a simple solution to the drunkenness of rez life. Live off campus. It isn't that much more expensive, at least it isn't at my school, and that way you can get a place with friends who you know to be responsible, or who you care enough about that you don't mind seeing them act like idiots every now and then.

Upvote 0