Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul is speaking of his life as a pharisee in rom 7:7-11: But now, by dying to what once bound us we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the spirit and not the d way of the written code.
We have got to the heart of yours, and the sda problem. As you stated, your belief is the Christian does not die to the law. You can only follow after the holy spirit if you do die to the law.
By refusing to due to the law. You cannot be led of the spirit of truth into spiritual truth.
It does not matter how much scripture you quote, that fact remains true. The Pharisees of jesus day could reel off the letter. As can jws, Mormons and Muslims. It doesn't prove they understand truth!

Paul is speaking of dying to sin and salvation by Faith in God's Word. Please read Romans Chapters 6 and 7.

In Christ always

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul is speaking of dying to sin and salvation by Faith in God's Word. Please read Romans Chapters 6 and 7.

In Christ always
Paul is speaking of dying to a righteousness of observing the law. Do I really have to go through explaining that to you?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul states in rom 7:4&6 the Christian must die to the law, you disagree. As I said yesterday, I have never met an sda who understood Pauls message
You are dead to the Law as you have faith in God's Word. As you have faith in God's Word you are dead to SIN.

Rom 6:10, For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11, Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:12, Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13, Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14, For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15, What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16, Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

In Christ!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul is speaking of dying to a righteousness of observing the law. Do I really have to go through explaining that to you?

If you willfully and knowingly break God's Law are you following God and are you in a saved state?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are dead to the Law as you have faith in God's Word. As you have faith in God's Word you are dead to SIN.

Rom 6:10, For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11, Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:12, Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13, Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14, For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15, What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16, Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

In Christ!
Christ is the end of the law unto righteousness for everyone e who believeth
Rom10:4
I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the law Christ died for nothing
Gal2:21

But NOW a righteousness APART from law has been made k own.....
Rom3:21

I can give you much more if needed

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I wish you understood rom ch7, then you would understand!
Trying to say I do not know something does not mean that I do not just because you say so maybe it is the other way round. Can we talk about the OP now?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trying to say I do not know something does not mean that I do not just because you say so maybe it is the other way round. Can we talk about the OP now?
Then prove you do understand. Do an exegesis of rom ch7:4-11, verse by verse

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Christ is the end of the law unto righteousness for everyone e who believeth
Rom10:4 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the law Christ died for nothing
Gal2:21 But NOW a righteousness APART from law has been made k own.....
Rom3:21 I can give you much more if needed

It is all I have been saying so what is your problem?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is all I have been saying so what is your problem?
It is not what you have been saying at all.
You plainly stated the Christian does not die to the law.
And if the Christian has no righteousness/ justification of observing the law, how can their judgement be based on observing the law?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then prove you do understand. Do an exegesis of rom ch7:4-11, verse by verse
I have already shown you I know what Roman 7:4-11 is talking about by showing you context before the verses in Chapter 6 and after those verses in the same chapter. I am happy to talk about it further if you want to open another thread? I would like to talk about the OP in this thread though

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have already shown you I know what Roman 7:4-11 is talking about by showing you context before the verses in Chapter 6 and after those verses in the same chapter. I am happy to talk about it further if you want to open another thread? I would like to talk about the OP in this thread though
I will happily state you could not do an exegesis of rom 7:4-11 verse by verse.

In rom ch6 Paul is speaking of Christians in ch7:7-11 Paul is speaking of his time as a pharisee

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is not what you have been saying at all.
You plainly stated the Christian does not die to the law.
And if the Christian has no righteousness/ justification of observing the law, how can their judgement be based on observing the law?

Only in the context of your suggesting that God's Law is done away with. I further stated You are dead to the Law as you have faith in God's Word (not under works). As you have faith in God's Word you are dead to SIN which is the transgression of God's Law (1 John 3:4)

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Only in the context of your suggesting that God's Law is done away with. I further stated You are dead to the Law as you have faith in God's Word (not under works). As you have faith in God's Word you are dead to SIN.
Now you are bearing false witness. According to your belief you are now in an unsaved state!
WHERE did I suggest Gods law is done away with?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul states in rom 7:4&6 the Christian must die to the law, you disagree. As I said yesterday, I have never met an sda who understood Pauls message
Reading the passage in context with Romans Chapter 6 and the verses after Romans 7:4-6 will help you in your understanding. You cannot ignore the context. You interpretation seems to contradict Romans 6. If you want to discuss it further please open another thread. I will join you there and we can talk more about it? I would like to discuss the OP here if that is ok now.

In Christ!

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reading the passage in context with Romans Chapter 6 and the verses after Romans 7:4-6 will help you in your understanding. You cannot ignore the context. You interpretation seems to contradict Romans 6. If you want to discuss it further please open another thread. I will join you there and we can talk more about it? I would like to discuss the OP here if that is ok now.

In Christ!
Your problem is, you don't understand Pauls message. Whatever my belief seems to be to you, as you don't understand the message you will assume wrongly. I repeat. You could not do an exegesis of rom 7:4-11 verse by verse

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Now you are bearing false witness. According to your belief you are now in an unsaved state!
WHERE did I suggest Gods law is done away with?

Sorry so maybe my misunderstanding? So you believe in God's Law and it is not done away with?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.