United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi. :wave:
First off, I am an SSA struggler. Which means I struggle with same sex attractions. God's changing that slowly and surely. That is not the point, nor do I want comments on that. The point is this:
As this changes, I am becoming more attracted to girls. This is a tad awkward for me. But marriage and what God has planned for the future has been on my mind lately. I've seen three movies now and God's seemed to talk through all three. The first, Star Wars Episode I, The Phantom Menace, you may be familiar with- Qui-gon makes it possible for Anakin to be trained as a Jedi, but dies at the end and Obi-wan takes over his training. In the movie, Anakin is 9-10.

The second, Christmas Shoes, talks about a kid whose mother gets diagnosed with a heart problem, and unless she has a transplant, she's going to die. She misses a transplant due to Hep. B, and is going to die- the days leading up to her death show the mother trying to do what she can to prepare the father for the future before she goes, and eventually dies but not after the kid's story intersects with another guy who is also impacted by the events and allows for the kid to buy a pair of shoes for the mother to dance with in heaven. Very emotional, cried 5 times and that would be the seventh time I've cried this year. I don't cry much. But the kid in that movie is in fourth grade, or about 9-10, again.

The third movie, Nanny McPhee, was about a male widow and his seven unruly children who he has extreme trouble finding a nanny for due to the unruly behavior. Then Nanny McPhee comes on the scene with five lessons for the kids to learn, using magic to accomplish it (kid magic, taps her cane on the ground and poof), all the while trying to get money for the widow who is unable to independently support his family and must marry by the end of the month. All objectives of the widow are accomplished- he gets [happily] married and his kids learn the five lessons, and Nanny McPhee leaves, and the quote, "When you need me but do not want me, I will remain. When you want me but do not need me, I must leave." is repeated. Practically all of the cast have names of people I know.

Now, I know that as Christians we're not to overspiritualize things, but I cannot help but notice a pattern.
Kid/s lose someone close, someone is prepared to carry on after the guide is gone, and a connection is made between the ones carrying on and the kid/s.
Could God be telling me to get a move on? There's three freshmen gals I know, and one in particular is great. She's funny, energetic, disciplined, loves kids (like I do), and strong in her faith. She is similar but different enough to become a great friend, and I'm wondering if God has bigger things planned. I don't believe in coincidence. Any interpretations or ideas of what might be going on? God often speaks through some kind of analogy, story, or media when He tells me something.

Kindly do not give me guidance about the SSA thing, that is under control with stronger Christian men and accountability, and God is working. I am more concerned about the future and what the three instances might mean.

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First off, I am an SSA struggler. Which means I struggle with same sex attractions. God's changing that slowly and surely. That is not the point, nor do I want comments on that. The point is this:
As this changes, I am becoming more attracted to girls. This is a tad awkward for me. But marriage and what God has planned for the future has been on my mind lately. I've seen three movies now and God's seemed to talk through all three. The first, Star Wars Episode I, The Phantom Menace, you may be familiar with- Qui-gon makes it possible for Anakin to be trained as a Jedi, but dies at the end and Obi-wan takes over his training. In the movie, Anakin is 9-10.

The second, Christmas Shoes, talks about a kid whose mother gets diagnosed with a heart problem, and unless she has a transplant, she's going to die. She misses a transplant due to Hep. B, and is going to die- the days leading up to her death show the mother trying to do what she can to prepare the father for the future before she goes, and eventually dies but not after the kid's story intersects with another guy who is also impacted by the events and allows for the kid to buy a pair of shoes for the mother to dance with in heaven. Very emotional, cried 5 times and that would be the seventh time I've cried this year. I don't cry much. But the kid in that movie is in fourth grade, or about 9-10, again.

The third movie, Nanny McPhee, was about a male widow and his seven unruly children who he has extreme trouble finding a nanny for due to the unruly behavior. Then Nanny McPhee comes on the scene with five lessons for the kids to learn, using magic to accomplish it (kid magic, taps her cane on the ground and poof), all the while trying to get money for the widow who is unable to independently support his family and must marry by the end of the month. All objectives of the widow are accomplished- he gets [happily] married and his kids learn the five lessons, and Nanny McPhee leaves, and the quote, "When you need me but do not want me, I will remain. When you want me but do not need me, I must leave." is repeated. Practically all of the cast have names of people I know.

Now, I know that as Christians we're not to overspiritualize things, but I cannot help but notice a pattern.
Kid/s lose someone close, someone is prepared to carry on after the guide is gone, and a connection is made between the ones carrying on and the kid/s.
Could God be telling me to get a move on? There's three freshmen gals I know, and one in particular is great. She's funny, energetic, disciplined, loves kids (like I do), and strong in her faith. She is similar but different enough to become a great friend, and I'm wondering if God has bigger things planned. I don't believe in coincidence. Any interpretations or ideas of what might be going on? God often speaks through some kind of analogy, story, or media when He tells me something.

Kindly do not give me guidance about the SSA thing, that is under control with stronger Christian men and accountability, and God is working. I am more concerned about the future and what the three instances might mean.
Two very bad words that omit GOD from working in your life:

1. luck
2. coincidence

satan just loves those words!!!

GOD'S WORD:

BLESSINGS!!!

WITH THAT IN MIND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

“ Believe “ in Greek is a verb and has three components which are: hearing, accepting, and then " ACTING " upon that which you have accepted. X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O ( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven

Upvote 0

FenderElctrc

JESUS IS AWESOME!!
Sep 20, 2006
Gotta keep it secret
Visit site
✟17,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Two very bad words that omit GOD from working in your life:

1. luck
2. coincidence

satan just loves those words!!!

GOD'S WORD:

BLESSINGS!!!

WITH THAT IN MIND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

“ Believe “ in Greek is a verb and has three components which are: hearing, accepting, and then " ACTING " upon that which you have accepted. X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O ( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven
He said that he didn't believe in coincidence.

Upvote 0

FenderElctrc

JESUS IS AWESOME!!
Sep 20, 2006
Gotta keep it secret
Visit site
✟17,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I don't know, but God does. (He's all knowing) So pray and keep asking and pray for His will to be done. Whatever the outcome, may it glorify the Lord.

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hi, the Holy Spirit can use anything to reach us, but one thing I've noticed is the Holy Spirit uses the word of God, at least in my life, may be different with others.

So what I mean is when something comes to mind, it is the word of God that comes to mind, a verse a truth or such.

So brother, I don't know how to tell you to take what you saw, but can tell you to take what you see and heart soberly; run it by God's word and go from there.

I can dream of things and think of things that are wholly unrelated to real life and have no bearing on my life at all.

So, ask God for discernment. Give what you feel God has showed you and ask him to guide you.

God can use anything, so that's not unusual, but again in my life; it's a truth, or verses from the bible is how God speaks to me.

I hope I didn't confuse you there.

hugs,
tapero

Upvote 0

CShephard53

Somebody shut me up so I can live out loud!
Mar 15, 2007
✟13,231.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Do any numbers line up with a usual ocurrance in the Bible? I know 3, 7, 12 appear a lot in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Zebra1552

Urban Nomad. Literally.
Nov 2, 2007
Freezing, America
✟26,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Do any numbers line up with a usual ocurrance in the Bible? I know 3, 7, 12 appear a lot in the Bible.
Well, in the third movie, there were seven kids... not sure what that might have to do with anything. Anyone else think numbers might be significant?

Upvote 0