United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CPAC: Hyatt Hotels says stage resembling Nazi rune is 'abhorrent'
I would not have noticed this. I do think it is more of a stretch to claim that this was just a coincidence than to claim that it was built to be just what it was.....a tribute to the Nazis.

"The rune was seen at the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017 that saw violent fights with counter-protesters and one civil rights activist killed when a neo-fascist drove his car into the crowd."

I thought it was just a clueless accident. But now I am not so sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jofes

Feb 22, 2021
Burns Lake
✟35,186.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
The Othala > the study of runes, odal
Everyone wants to gain some legitimacy in their culture.
The third Reich was no exception, and acquired all symbols and runes.
Nothing changes as the universe unfolds except how man deals with it.
How far can I go with this?

Upvote 0

Jofes

Feb 22, 2021
Burns Lake
✟35,186.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
The Othala > the study of runes, odal
Everyone wants to gain some legitimacy in their culture.
The third Reich was no exception, and acquired all symbols and runes.
Nothing changes as the universe unfolds except how man deals with it.
How far can I go with this?
Or does the Rainbow belong to the LGBTQQIP2SAA comunity?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm happy enough to know that this chain of motels and hotels is to be avoided when I'm travelling.

Any management that is 'woke-nuts' enough to construe that stage design (which isn't the same as the rune in question anyway!) as something intended by CPAC and for the reason given...isn't management that I'd want to have to deal with if my room wasn't ready at check-in time or there's no TP in the bathroom!
:eek:

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"The rune was seen at the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017 that saw violent fights with counter-protesters and one civil rights activist killed when a neo-fascist drove his car into the crowd."

I thought it was just a clueless accident. But now I am not so sure.
Here's an article about white supremacists using medieval symbols today including the Odal Rune. There is a photo of it being used in Charlottesville.
How Hate Groups are Hijacking Medieval Symbols While Ignoring the Facts Behind Them

I don't think the conservatives at CPAC would deliberately design the stage that way but I am wondering who actually designed the stage.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
All hotels book conference rooms for special events and would have arrangement details well in advance. How often do room setups make the news? Let alone decor? The information was leaked to get you talking.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm happy enough to know that this chain of motels and hotels is to be avoided when I'm travelling.

Me too for different reasons. I wouldn't care to stay at a hotel hosting super-spreader events or right wing extremist gatherings.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Any management that is 'woke-nuts' enough to construe that stage design (which isn't the same as the rune in question anyway!) as something intended by CPAC and for the reason given...isn't management that I'd want to have to deal with if my room wasn't ready at check-in time or there's no TP in the bathroom!
:eek:
I don't think Hyatt said what you believe they said.

"We take the concern raised about the prospect of symbols of hate being included in the stage design at CPAC 2021 very seriously..." "as all such symbols are abhorrent and unequivocally counter to our values as a company."

They aren't saying that they believe that CPAC was deliberately using the design as a hate symbol but because some people (wing-nuts) are concerned they were making it known that if the "prospect" were true it's against their companies values.

They couldn't speak for CPAC to deny it but they had to speak for the company's point of view. What would you have had them say or do?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums