Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would you do in this situtation?

I've been praying for A's salvation nonstop since he mentioned it? We work at a rather liberal store (Target) that isn't friendly towards Christians.

Any advice is appreciated.
Keep praying.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What would you do in this situtation?

I've been praying for A's salvation nonstop since he mentioned it? We work at a rather liberal store (Target) that isn't friendly towards Christians.

Any advice is appreciated.
There are still a lot of jobs out there in retail so you could just say good bye to them and work for a somewhat better company.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are still a lot of jobs out there in retail so you could just say good bye to them and work for a somewhat better company.
Pray. Discern. And ask for the wisdom to recognize and follow God’s lead.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm kinda stuck right now. I do not know what to do other than pray. :(

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Co-workers openly mock Christianity

How is that happening? (What is causing your co-workers to mock Christianity around you?)
Are you and your friend openly praying for his salvation around others in the work environment?

... that is kind of how it sounds, from the way you posted your question.

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm kinda stuck right now. I do not know what to do other than pray. :(

We can't always change the difficult situations in our lives, 'when' we want to change them.
Sometimes, God keeps us in a place or situation for a time and a season ... for a reason.
And many times, only He knows what that reason is.

... So do not be discouraged, but keep trusting God and doing a good job for Him while you are there.

:oldthumbsup:

"Whatever your task, work heartily, as serving the Lord and not men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward; you are serving the Lord Christ."
~ Colossians 3:23-24

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If this is happening to you, rejoice! You're doing something right, and you have a reward waiting for you! Be immensely happy! :)

Remember Matthew 5:11-12: “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I went over to my dad's the other day with a "This Gal Loves Jesus" shirt on. I knew my sister (a hardcore atheist) and her husband would be there. I felt like I was jumping into a tank of sharks. But, my sister actually said she liked my shirt! :oops: :oops: She would of normally rolled her eyes and said something rude. So, I know the feeling of being treated badly regarding my faith. But, I've been praying and praying for her eyes to be opened to the truth of Jesus Christ.
Praying is probably your best option, as nothing is impossible with God.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
How is that happening? (What is causing your co-workers to mock Christianity around you?)
Are you and your friend openly praying for his salvation around others in the work environment?

... that is kind of how it sounds, from the way you posted your question.
I privately pray for his salvation on my own time.

He said something about a magazine and how he was sick of having it shoved down his throat. He wanted to tick off Christians by moving magazines around.

• Informative
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I went over to my dad's the other day with a "This Gal Loves Jesus" shirt on. I knew my sister (a hardcore atheist) and her husband would be there. I felt like I was jumping into a tank of sharks. But, my sister actually said she liked my shirt! :oops: :oops: She would of normally rolled her eyes and said something rude. So, I know the feeling of being treated badly regarding my faith. But, I've been praying and praying for her eyes to be opened to the truth of Jesus Christ.
Praying is probably your best option, as nothing is impossible with God.
Amen.

Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0