Pittsburgh
✟752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi All. I hope I'm in the right place for this. I became friends with a co-worker who started working with me a few months ago. We would walk at the park and chit-chat, had dinner a couple of times. We were building a friendship until she confided in me that she is a Medium. I have since pulled away from the friendship and stopped hanging out with her but how do I handle working with her? It really bothers me and I don't want to be around her at all knowing that she consults and talks to the dead. Anyone ever face anything like this? What did you do?

The Hour IS AT HAND

I think the AoD is on the earth
Aug 21, 2023
Phoenix
Visit site
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi All. I hope I'm in the right place for this. I became friends with a co-worker who started working with me a few months ago. We would walk at the park and chit-chat, had dinner a couple of times. We were building a friendship until she confided in me that she is a Medium. I have since pulled away from the friendship and stopped hanging out with her but how do I handle working with her? It really bothers me and I don't want to be around her at all knowing that she consults and talks to the dead. Anyone ever face anything like this? What did you do?
My mom is all about new age beliefs. I wouldn't go so far as to call her a practitioner, but she believes in "spirit guides" and manifestation. This is an ongoing battle I struggle with, because I love my mom, but I also know what's going to happen to her if she doesn't repent. All I know at this point is I need to keep that line open, and whenever possible, I try and talk to her about Jesus. The worst part is she calls herself a Christian, while simultaneously saying the Bible was just "written by men" and isn't trustworthy.
Obviously this coworker of yours isn't your mum, but I think keeping the line open, so when an opportunity does reveal itself you are ready to share the Gospel. I would also say, take no part in their sorcery, but don't condemn them before God does.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God calls us to be salt and light in the world. We are to go out into the world and share the good news of the Gospel.

She has evil angels working with her in her spiritist-medium projects.
You have God's holy angels with the armor of heaven on your side. (be sure to stick with them, not ignore their messages to you).

Infinite God has infinite power and sets boundaries on evil angels so that we can witness to humans trapped in Satan's snare. That is our job.

But don't go into her home and don't do things with her without a lot of prayer both for yourself and for her. Always ask that God would lead you to say the right thing and claim the right Bible promises.

Upvote 0

MD15668

Sep 5, 2023
Pittsburgh
✟752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My mom is all about new age beliefs. I wouldn't go so far as to call her a practitioner, but she believes in "spirit guides" and manifestation. This is an ongoing battle I struggle with, because I love my mom, but I also know what's going to happen to her if she doesn't repent. All I know at this point is I need to keep that line open, and whenever possible, I try and talk to her about Jesus. The worst part is she calls herself a Christian, while simultaneously saying the Bible was just "written by men" and isn't trustworthy.
Obviously this coworker of yours isn't your mum, but I think keeping the line open, so when an opportunity does reveal itself you are ready to share the Gospel. I would also say, take no part in their sorcery, but don't condemn them before God does.
Thank you! I should have added that when I told her that I'm Christian, she got mad at me and told me not to talk to her about that stuff. At this point, I'm not comfortable talking to her about it. She is not going to change her ways, she made that quite clear.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Eph 6 says there is open warfare between evil angels and good ones. We have the benefit of good angels and the power of prayer. We need not abandon those trapped in one of Satan's trick/delusion/illusions. We should pray for them and encourage them to come over to the side of light.

But be sure to employ promises in scripture.

Upvote 0

MD15668

Sep 5, 2023
Pittsburgh
✟752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God calls us to be salt and light in the world. We are to go out into the world and share the good news of the Gospel.

She has evil angels working with her in her spiritist-medium projects.
You have God's holy angels with the armor of heaven on your side. (be sure to stick with them, not ignore their messages to you).

Infinite God has infinite power and sets boundaries on evil angels so that we can witness to humans trapped in Satan's snare. That is our job.

But don't go into her home and don't do things with her without a lot of prayer both for yourself and for her. Always ask that God would lead you to say the right thing and claim the right Bible promises.
Thank you!

Upvote 0

Dosblade

Aug 5, 2013
✟20,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just shine He that is in you. Each day ask the holy Spirit to lead and guide you and your words. For me this is all that matters not being friends. Its to shine Christ. See He is in you and there really is a light in you that shines. I would always let them know who it is I love the most. You are there so they can know Christ

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you! I should have added that when I told her that I'm Christian, she got mad at me and told me not to talk to her about that stuff. At this point, I'm not comfortable talking to her about it. She is not going to change her ways, she made that quite clear.
ask her about being a Christian - ask what kind of Christian she is.
Does she read the Bible?
Does she pray in the name of Jesus?
Tell her you never met a Christian that does not want to talk about Jesus so you are curious.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was in the Occult when I was a teen. Jesus saved me from it. 1971
I would first share my experiences with Edgar Cayce, Ruth Montgomery, and Harold Smith. When I started reading the Word (Late Great Planet Earth because of the prophetic aspects), the demons became very angry, and I had some bad dreams. Even since I was saved, I have found this to be "the sin that easily besets me." I have to fight the temptation because I know how to do it and am aware of what it can do. Thankfully, God is faithful, and with the temptation will provide an escape! 1 Corin 10:13
I would do this in a non-confrontational, with a "here-is-what-happened-to-me" tone. :praying:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I was in the Occult when I was a teen. Jesus saved me from it. 1971
I would first share my experiences with Edgar Cayce, Ruth Montgomery, and Harold Smith. When I started reading the Word (Late Great Planet Earth because of the prophetic aspects), the demons became very angry, and I had some bad dreams. Even since I was saved, I have found this to be "the sin that easily besets me." I have to fight the temptation because I know how to do it and am aware of what it can do. Thankfully, God is faithful, and with the temptation will provide an escape! 1 Corin 10:13
I would do this in a non-confrontational, with a "here-is-what-happened-to-me" tone. :praying:
Have you read "The Great Controversy" online?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you read "The Great Controversy" online?
I have not. Is it relevant to the current conversation? I read "The Desire of Ages" a long time ago. Is it similar?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have not. Is it relevant to the current conversation? I read "The Desire of Ages" a long time ago. Is it similar?
The Great Controversy has a lot more material in it about war between Christ and Satan over the entire history of the world plus how it explodes in intensity at the end of history. It includes the start of that controversy and events in Eden in its "origin of evil" chapter.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
ask her about being a Christian - ask what kind of Christian she is.
Does she read the Bible?
Does she pray in the name of Jesus?
Tell her you never met a Christian that does not want to talk about Jesus so you are curious.

I would be careful about that. Some people are Christians in name only, and she could very well be one of them. It's hard to maintain much of a relationship with the Lord while messing around with the occult.

Our spiritual state is our own individual responsibility. If you see an opening to discuss Jesus in a meaningful way, by all means take it. But don't feel like you have to force it. If there is no opening, you'll only drive her away, and limit your chances of success in the event some other opportunity arises.

Part of it is knowing what to say and when. I have a good friend in the dance community who is very much a supporter of LGBTQ causes. I don't say anything to her about God's design for marriage or anything like that because she would not be the audience for that. Besides which, we are dancers, not activists.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hello brother.
I knew a woman who practices wiccan. Its form of witchcraft. Which the heathen will deny.
I wasn't friends with her. I haven't heard from her in over year.
It was at clinic.
She was arrogant and somewhat condescending. She has a unclean spirit. I avoided talking to her and eye contact.
Leviticus chapter 19 tells us about witchcraft and wizards and mediums. These people are cut off from God.

I have neighbor who is demon possessed. Few months ago. I heard loud voice from unit, I was waiting for elevator. Nearby, the voice said, I can feel him. I have the holy spirit.
This is very wicked person. I keep away from her. No contact.

My advice. Find another job.
Or just ignore her.
Is she trying to get you fired??

23 years ago. Old job. This wicked woman, she was filled with Hate. She kept trying to get me fired. She was a miserable woman. I got a transfer to another store.
I thought I'd share it.
Take care.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mediums are there to help us check our standing in Christ. They are also part of satan's tricks, which he uses to deceive us & keep us in bondage.

See mediums as a type of scale. They are there to check our spiritual weight in Christ. When they start to see & speak doom over your life, just tell them you're well protected by the Great King Jesus & if He wishes to reveal anything to you, he will do so in His own time.

As long as we fully trust in God, we will be just fine. We have absolutely nothing to worry about. We're so safe & protected in Christ.

Upvote 0