Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
its unsettling to hear christians continuously justify the killing of innocents because whomever they don't like choose to hide among them.

would christ approve of killing innocent people, regardless of who was among them?

Scary, but these things happen in war.
but war is not inevitable. at least it shouldn't be to christians.

Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
imind said:
its unsettling to hear christians continuously justify the killing of innocents because whomever they don't like choose to hide among them.

would christ approve of killing innocent people, regardless of who was among them?

No one is approving of these innocent people being killed. Rather, they acknowledge these things happen in war.

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
imind said:

Halruaa said:
Scary, but these things happen in war.

What do you mean "war is not inevitable"? war is ALWAYS inevitable. Even the Bible said in the last days there will be war and rumour of war - sadly, war is inevitable.

and why shouldnt it be to christians? Does it really matter whether its christians or muslims or buddhists or athiests? no one should want war regardless of religion or lack there of.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Even the Bible said in the last days there will be war and rumour of war - sadly, war is inevitable.
correct, because the bible says that there will be war in the last days, we can simply declare war on anyone for any reason. nice reasoning.
and why shouldnt it be to christians?
Matthew 22:37-40 -- Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Illuminatus said:
By not voicing opposition to the murder of civilians, you are implicitly approving of such.

I do not approve of the deliberate murder of civilians. Israel is not deliberately targeting civilians. Hezbolla is--and deliberating hiding themselves amongst civilians as well. I see plenty of opposition to Israel, but not so much of a peep about what hezbolla is doing. Is it because those who die in Israel don't matter?

Upvote 0

Quantos

Sock ? What Sock
Mar 6, 2005
Earth for now
✟33,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Halruaa said:
I do not approve of the deliberate murder of civilians. Israel is not deliberately targeting civilians. Hezbolla is--and deliberating hiding themselves amongst civilians as well. I see plenty of opposition to Israel, but not so much of a peep about what hezbolla is doing. Is it because those who die in Israel don't matter?

Nope, just people don't think the body count is high enough to compare.

FYI: The Jewish nation is not a Christan nation, but Jewish. Go back & re-read the OT and see how God traned them how to wage war.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Halruaa said:
This is tired old rhetoric. Yes people care about what is happening to Israeli civilians as well. But when people suddenly jump to the defense of Israel's campaign that is causing high collateral damage, it tends to overshadow the former topic.

Upvote 0

HisEagle

Senior Veteran
Feb 26, 2004
✟10,742.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
imind said:

I will probably get jack-slapped for saying this, but I wonder if there were any children and babies in Sodom and Gomorrah.

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
imind said:
correct, because the bible says that there will be war in the last days, we can simply declare war on anyone for any reason. nice reasoning.

whoa whoa whoa - what part of left field are you coming from??? you will not find in my post anything remotly suggesting the umm, incorrect statement you just made up that we can simply declare war on anyone.

You commented how its unsettling to hear christians continually justify killing of innocents.... and my responce which I noticed you cut short in your reply... was and why shouldnt it be to christians? Does it really matter whether its christians or muslims or buddhists or athiests? no one should want war regardless of religion or lack there of.

you musta missed that part, huh?? no worries.

oh, and the part about war - you said and I quote "but war is not inevitable. at least it shouldn't be to christians." in which I responded that war is inevitable. the bible even sais it.

no where can even you find any endorcement of war in it. I simply stated the most painfully onvious that war unfortunatley IS inevitable as opposed to you saying it is not. As long as man exists in his current mode, there will be war.

now - where did I even remotely mention anything that can be misconstrued as to what you suggested????

Inevitable: unavoidable: impossible to avoid or to prevent from happening

(from MSN Encarta online dictionary)

we be cool now? cools with me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums