Dallas
✟15,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
This thread is old, but just had to say that I cannot understand how someone can call themselves Lutheran and be for Open Communion. The Scriptures are clear, esp. 1 Cor 11 on the subject. One of the main tenents of Lutheranism is that Holy Scripture is Sole Source and Norm. Also, a Church can call itself anything it wants, but if it denies the inerrency of Scripture then it is no longer Lutheran and definitely not Confessional.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This thread is old, but just had to say that I cannot understand how someone can call themselves Lutheran and be for Open Communion. The Scriptures are clear, esp. 1 Cor 11 on the subject. One of the main tenents of Lutheranism is that Holy Scripture is Sole Source and Norm. Also, a Church can call itself anything it wants, but if it denies the inerrency of Scripture then it is no longer Lutheran and definitely not Confessional.

The subject can be debated, and this thread shows that; it just is not as open and closed a subject as it seems on the surface. That said, please remember the rules for this particular forum:

It is considered flaming to represent any Lutheran body using symbols or other language to infer they are not Lutheran. Things like E*CA or E_CA are NOT allowed. It is one thing to argue against a church's doctrine, it is another to do so underhandedly.

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My post was not an attack on anyone or an underhanded sleight, just expressing my dismay.
No problem, just pointing out the rules - a lot of people do not see them and there is often contention between ELCA and LCMS/WELS/ELS on the boards. It is sad, but true that people tend to focus on what divides us rather than what we have in common.

Upvote 0