Clint Eastwood gave the most incredible speech of the Republican convention

Ocram

Nov 2, 2004
✟2,366.00
Faith
Christian

I'd rather hear from some average American works stiffs trying to get by in this horrific economy, living under this oppressive federal government, saddled by national debt, and how they survive and what they think the politicians should do about the mess we are in.

Clint wasn't far away from the main substance of the point that you make :

"...... We (the People) own this country !"

"... Politicians are just employees of us" (American PEOPLE)

"it's important to realize that, .... when somebody doesn't do the job, we've gotta let him go .. "

(wide popular applause)

Upvote 0

Ocram

Nov 2, 2004
✟2,366.00
Faith
Christian
It was great. :thumbsup: Clint Eastwood RNC Speech At The Republican National Convention - Business Insider
Clint Eastwood just gave a speech at the Republican National Convention that won't soon be forgotten.

It included him talking to an empty chair ... pretending it was President Obama.
"We own this country," Eastwood said. Standing ovation.

"Politicians are our employees. When someone doesn't do the job, we have to let them go," Eastwood said, to a raucous ovation.

----------------------

Hi, dear NightHawkeye, you're absolutely Right !

Indeed, it's a Wonderful, stimulating, popular Clint Eastwood at Tampa, Florida 2012 GOP convention !

God bless that 82 years "old" Youngster,

younger in spirit than all those establishment's sh.. Media which disliked and slandered him, grossly lied and misled the People,

obviously because HE was a Thousand Times much BETTER and stronger on the Issues than them !...

=> Just have a look at it : Watch Clint Eastwood Speak at Republican National Convention - YouTube

+ In defense of Clint Eastwood: He was weird, but fantastic | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

--------------------------------------

(Sorry, I hadn't seen your publication, when we posted elsewhere So I'll try to erase that other thread, later-on... )

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad for his success in life. I'm a fan of his work.

That being said, he represents a small % of the daily average American experience.

His words are hollow, just as hollow as the leftist Hollywood types, when it comes to the struggles of the average working American trying to live and raise a family under this government.

It's typical modern American politics, listen to what way say... don't look at what we've done and what we do when we are in power. All Clint is doing is cheer-leading, I get it... it's a convention, but that doesn't make it hollow or old and stale to me and others.

Upvote 0

Ocram

Nov 2, 2004
✟2,366.00
Faith
Christian
I dunno why people have a problem with Clint Eastwood's speech. He did a good job. He wanted to do something original and that's exactly what he did.

I don't totally agree with everything he said, but it turned heads. Not bad.

He obviously criticized Obama also from the "Left" side, concerning the disapointment of his former fans for not-fullfilling many among his key promisses,

with the only excemption of the Genetic Manipulations of Human Embryos, which were backed by lucrative Big Lobbies among those who had funded his old electoral campaign, back on 2008)..

Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last night, Clint Eastwood had a conversation with an empty chair. In a month, Mitt Romney is going to have a debate with an empty podium. I wonder which one is going to be more entertaining.

I am really looking forward to the debates! Especially the debate between Ryan and Biden :clap:

Although Clint Eastwood did struggle with some words at times, what he had to say was classic and I think it's great that they gave him the opportunity to speak. We should respect our elders and not trash them and make fun of them because they stumble over some words or are difficult to understand at times (I will have to remind myself of this when I'm listening to Biden :sorry:).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ocram

Nov 2, 2004
✟2,366.00
Faith
Christian

To ChristianForums' MODERATORS :

- We hadn't seen that NightHawkeye had already published a similar thread, before we posted ours.
Its here : http://www.christianforums.com/t7684131/

=> Is it, may be, possible to MERGE our thread's discussions, by transferring it as a follow-up in the continuation of NightHawkeye's earlier thread, (which naturally deserves a 1st place, since it was done earlier, and quite well) ?

Many thanks for your attention !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I really like and respect Mr. Eastwood, but that was honestly a terrible speech. He was fumbling all over the place. For a well respected, matured actor, he should have done so much better. What a shame. I was hoping for something explosive.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
It was great. :thumbsup: Clint Eastwood RNC Speech At The Republican National Convention - Business Insider
Clint Eastwood just gave a speech at the Republican National Convention that won't soon be forgotten.

It included him talking to an empty chair ... pretending it was President Obama.
"We own this country," Eastwood said. Standing ovation.

"Politicians are our employees. When someone doesn't do the job, we have to let them go," Eastwood said, to a raucous ovation.

He sucked.

His delivery was horrid, his schtick was overplayed, his thoughts rambled.

He really should have used a prompter and had a prepared speech.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
He sucked.

His delivery was horrid, his schtick was overplayed, his thoughts rambled.

He really should have used a prompter and had a prepared speech.
Seriously ... some of you folks should get over the need for highly-polished presentations ... and simply accept honest truths when presented.

Clint Eastwood has already lived longer than most of you will. The mere fact that he was able to pull his tired old body into a convention hall and kid with the audience is by itself laudable. Here, just take a listen ...

Clint Eastwood's Throat-Slicing Moment at the 2012 Republican National Convention - YouTube

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love Obama's response to Mr. Eastwood:

A1mY4mRCAAM_qwX.jpg

This seat's taken

Upvote 0

RedPaddy

Jun 1, 2012
✟3,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I really like and respect Mr. Eastwood, but that was honestly a terrible speech. He was fumbling all over the place. For a well respected, matured actor, he should have done so much better. What a shame. I was hoping for something explosive.

It's rare that I agree with you :p, but I too was disappointed with Clint Eastwood's delivery of his message. (We will most likely disagree with our opinions as to the message delivered)

I don't know. Somethig with the delivery was just ... off.

For a man of such expereince and talent, the delivery was not up to his standards. I just pray there is no underlying medical condition that shows up in the near future.

Upvote 0