Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It was great. :thumbsup: Clint Eastwood RNC Speech At The Republican National Convention - Business Insider
Clint Eastwood just gave a speech at the Republican National Convention that won't soon be forgotten.

It included him talking to an empty chair ... pretending it was President Obama.
"We own this country," Eastwood said. Standing ovation.

"Politicians are our employees. When someone doesn't do the job, we have to let them go," Eastwood said, to a raucous ovation.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
My favorite part was his remarks about Biden. :muahah:

toodumbtodie.png

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
In all seriousness that speech was actually really painful to watch. Adding that SuperBowl ad Clint did and I think he might be more wishy-washy than Romney or Obama. It only looked worse ever time he stumbled and muttered through some line and a bunch of lemmings started cheering and chanting.
So, you asked yourself one question ... has he fired all his bullets, or does he still have rounds in the chanber?

Did ya feel lucky? ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-oinyjsk0
Sorry you didn't like it. Maybe you'll be fortunate enough when you're old and gray and a little shaky on your feet to give a premier speech at a major event. If so, I hope you do as well as Clint Eastwood did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Schneiderman

Senior Veteran
Aug 9, 2008
Long Island, New York
Visit site
✟12,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In all seriousness that speech was actually really painful to watch. Adding that SuperBowl ad Clint did and I think he might be more wishy-washy than Romney or Obama. It only looked worse ever time he stumbled and muttered through some line and a bunch of lemmings started cheering and chanting.

Because the important thing is not what is said, it's how it's said. Right? Isn't that why Obama is president? He had nothing to say but he stated it pretty well.

Upvote 0
D

DarkManX1

Here is an idea, how about not trotting out Clint Eastwood to try and appease an audience that is largely composed of people who were in mid-life whenever most of his movies came out? How about not trotting out someone who was the main character in Gran Torino, admittedly he was playing a character, but do you think that's going to stop the liberal media? How about not bringing out a guy who is on the record bashing Republican policies?

Obama and the entirety of the Democrat party are laughing this election all the way to the bank if this is what we think is acceptable. The Republican party has to change the way that younger and minority voters think about the party and that is not going to happen with Clint Eastwood being our "big" celebrity surprise. The whole night would have been better without any celebrity at all because Clint Eastwood seems like the minor leagues compared to who Obama had in 08 and who may be at the DNC in a couple weeks.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Here is an idea, how about not trotting out Clint Eastwood to try and appease an audience that is largely composed of people who were in mid-life whenever most of his movies came out? How about not trotting out someone who was the main character in Gran Torino, admittedly he was playing a character, but do you think that's going to stop the liberal media? How about not bringing out a guy who is on the record bashing Republican policies?

Obama and the entirety of the Democrat party are laughing this election all the way to the bank if this is what we think is acceptable. The Republican party has to change the way that younger and minority voters think about the party and that is not going to happen with Clint Eastwood being our "big" celebrity surprise. The whole night would have been better without any celebrity at all because Clint Eastwood seems like the minor leagues compared to who Obama had in 08 and who may be at the DNC in a couple weeks.
Ummh ... the Republican party has a big tent. I seem to recall Marco Rubio and Paul Ryan and Nikki Haley and a few others. So they let in an old geezer or two to appease the base. It's diversity in action. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Philip22

Jun 24, 2007
✟20,370.00
Faith
Christian

I would agree, It was bizarre but I think one of the more important lines of the night was uttered by Clint.

"Remember, politicians are our EMPLOYEES." - Clint Eastwood

Exactly Clint. Way too few people fully understand that. Eastwood's comment that "Politicians were employees" was meant as much for the politicians in the crowd as it was for the crowd cheering the politicians. That needed to be said for a LONG time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halossellar

Jun 13, 2012
✟15,544.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Huh, I like Clint and I'm only 51... oh right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
"Remember, politicians are our EMPLOYEES." - Clint Eastwood

Exactly Clint. Way too few people fully understand that. Eastwood's comment that "Politicians were employees" was meant as much for the politicians in the crowd as it was for the crowd cheering the politicians. That needed to be said for a LONG time.
:thumbsup:

... and deserves to be repeated frequently.

Politicians work for us.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Because the important thing is not what is said, it's how it's said. Right? Isn't that why Obama is president?
That's why he's president, and, for quite a while, that was also the crux of the insults and cheeky comments directed at him.

Upvote 0

Ocram

Nov 2, 2004
✟2,366.00
Faith
Christian
God bless that 82 years "old" Youngster,

younger in spirit than all those establishment's sh.. Media which disliked and slandered him, grossly lied and misled the People,

obviously because HE was a Thousand Times much BETTER and stronger on the Issues than them !...

=> Just have a look at it : Watch Clint Eastwood Speak at Republican National Convention - YouTube

Clint Eastwood at GOP 2012 Convention, Tampa, Florida

+ In defense of Clint Eastwood: He was weird, but fantastic | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel the same about this and him as I do about the leftist Hollywood types that can't keep their yaps shut about politics: "Shut up and act."

I'd rather hear from some average American works stiffs trying to get by in this horrific economy, living under this oppressive federal government, saddled by national debt, and how they survive and what they think the politicians should do about the mess we are in.

Upvote 0