Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
are there any programs out there that provide military training for civilians? I'm a little late to the game but am really interested in doing something along the lines of a SARC, Corpseman or combat medic.
1) Go to a military recruiter.
2) Raise your right hand
3) Enlist and pay your dues like the rest of us did to get this kind of training.

Upvote 0

Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
are there any programs out there that provide military training for civilians?

Have a college degree.

Go to the ROTC recruiter at a college. Tell him you would like to do ROTC. Be qualified.

In 2007 they had a program where you could get a master degree for 2 years, and do ROTC for two years. In the summer, prior to the school year, you go to Army Leadership Training Camp. It is like Boot Camp for Cadets meant to catch you up on two years of ROTC you missed in 4 weeks. It is four weeks of Army Pay at E5, and you did not have to sign a contract to be there. You get to decide after the school. Of course, you have to pass the course to do ROTC and to be fully accepted into their program.

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Military med programs are detailed and very effective. I believe that you can get this training in Israel. If you apply and spend the money, it should be possible. EMT training will teach you some basics, but not as detailed as combat medic training.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Undead

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2018
Colorado
✟9,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, typically when you go see a recruiter, they realize you are not in condition--so they put you on something called the "Delayed Entry Program" so let's say you need to lose about 20 pounds and get your cardio up to snuff-- they will have you report several times per week, or maybe once per weekend, and you will begin to train and discipline your body and mind to handle the rigors of Military.
But if you change your mind, they will try to scare you with all sorts of threats that aren't real like "You'll never be able to even get a job at McDonalds" etc.. (I'm specifically referring to the Delayed Entry Program) but yeah, once you raise your right hand at the MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) and then quit--hoo-boy you WILL be in a heap of trouble. So like the Bible says "Make your election sure" :)
Me: 6 Years Air Force (F-15 Crew Chief)
then 6 Years Army (Air Assault Infantry 1-506th, 101st Airborne Division (AASLT) )
It's rough on the body--especially going into Army in your 30's woo--I regret that one.

Upvote 0

Undead

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2018
Colorado
✟9,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Take this with a grain of salt-- but regarding Navy Corpsman vs. Combat Medic , I would say Army Combat Medic is tough enough. Because I have heard (this may have been exaggeration though--which is why I say take with a grain of salt) becoming a Navy Corpsman is about as tough as becoming a Marine--so if you were going to go that route, just go Marine Corps--I mean might as well if you are going to go through the same hell they go through.
One thing to think about with being a Combat Medic--you are being asked to do two jobs simultaneously--it is not like a civilian paramedic that arrives at a bad car wreck and your job is only to save lives-- as a Combat Medic, your job is to run out into the middle of the street where snipers are posted up in buildings all around, and retrieve your fallen comrade--perhaps render first aid in the street while firing your weapon, or else pulling him/her to a safe place to continue CPR/apply tourniquet, etc..
You can never forget the "Combat" part of Combat Medic-- you are always doing a dual mission--you can't just stop firing your weapon--they even teach the wounded, you have a DUTY to continue firing at the enemy--even if you got shot in the neck-- keep returning fire to help the Combat Medic that is running into the street to gather you up. Learn the 9 line Medevac before you go see a recruiter if you really want to impress them. Also as someone mentioned--it never hurts to have civilian paramedic training.
If you are in great shape, and I mean great shape--mentally and physically, then the Air Force Special Forces has a group called Para-Rescue/Combat Controller--and they are very elite. Their typical mission may involve going to rescue a downed pilot who crashed in enemy territory--and the pilot is being hunted by the enemy and you at the same time. Crazy stuff... but necessary. The pilot must destroy all sensitive equipment before egressing and leaving the downed aircraft, but also must get the heck out of there because it is not hard to find smoking wreckage.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, typically when you go see a recruiter, they realize you are not in condition--so they put you on something called the "Delayed Entry Program" so let's say you need to lose about 20 pounds and get your cardio up to snuff-- they will have you report several times per week, or maybe once per weekend, and you will begin to train and discipline your body and mind to handle the rigors of Military.
But if you change your mind, they will try to scare you with all sorts of threats that aren't real like "You'll never be able to even get a job at McDonalds" etc.. (I'm specifically referring to the Delayed Entry Program) but yeah, once you raise your right hand at the MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) and then quit--hoo-boy you WILL be in a heap of trouble. So like the Bible says "Make your election sure" :)
Me: 6 Years Air Force (F-15 Crew Chief)
then 6 Years Army (Air Assault Infantry 1-506th, 101st Airborne Division (AASLT) )
It's rough on the body--especially going into Army in your 30's woo--I regret that one.
My brother did the DEP out of HS. He was overweight so his doctor had put him on a regimented program. But then they did the scare thing and he freaked out and pushed so hard he lost the excessive weight in two weeks. Wrong thing to do. Just out of basic, in his first year in Germany he had a MI and lay on a stretcher for 30 minutes before anybody even looked at him. His next activity was a medical discharge with 100% disability and a flight home. His desire to serve cost him a lifetime of misery because the doctor told him that pushing that hard to loose that much weight that fast would cause more problems than it cured. So yes, like the Bible says, Like he said... amen.

Reactions: Undead
Upvote 0

Undead

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2018
Colorado
✟9,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you.. I was the famous "Band of Brothers" unit (506th Infantry) and they may have been brothers back in the day, but now they are run by a bunch of (something I can't say).
Our Battalion was so mad at Brigade for sending them a "fatboy" (because, let's face it, we were hard-chargers--Air Assault school is called the 10 toughest days in the Army) and so to punish Brigade, they nearly killed the guy by taking him on an 8 mile run his FIRST DAY. I felt so bad for him.. but what could I do? I saw him collapse and he was foaming at the mouth while they were still cussing him out and calling him him a fat***. He had a heatstroke and was also Med Boarded at 100% so He got the last laugh--I was also med boarded at 100% so I know he gets about $3,000 per month just sitting home playing call of duty now. :)
But yeah, my unit was a Band of Devils. The stories I could tell... the cover ups.. we accidentally bombed the Afghan National Army and covered it up-- to this day.. no one knows (we killed about 15 of them--I saw the pictures with my own eyes). My Command Sergeant Major put a knife to my crotch and threatened to kill me (and many others). That's why I say they were straight up devils. Some of our leadership was relieved of command for "mock executions" and bringing a charred arm into the TOC to prove "Battle Damage Assessment" They were angry for not getting "credit" for their kills--so they brought a charred enemy arm in a black garbage back into the Tactical Operations Center for proof--- just disgusting people. I have PTSD and can't talk about the worst parts.

• Agree
Reactions: marineimaging
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with you.. I was the famous "Band of Brothers" unit (506th Infantry) and they may have been brothers back in the day, but now they are run by a bunch of (something I can't say).
Our Battalion was so mad at Brigade for sending them a "fatboy" (because, let's face it, we were hard-chargers--Air Assault school is called the 10 toughest days in the Army) and so to punish Brigade, they nearly killed the guy by taking him on an 8 mile run his FIRST DAY. I felt so bad for him.. but what could I do? I saw him collapse and he was foaming at the mouth while they were still cussing him out and calling him him a fat***. He had a heatstroke and was also Med Boarded at 100% so He got the last laugh--I was also med boarded at 100% so I know he gets about $3,000 per month just sitting home playing call of duty now. :)
But yeah, my unit was a Band of Devils. The stories I could tell... the cover ups.. we accidentally bombed the Afghan National Army and covered it up-- to this day.. no one knows (we killed about 15 of them--I saw the pictures with my own eyes). My Command Sergeant Major put a knife to my crotch and threatened to kill me (and many others). That's why I say they were straight up devils. Some of our leadership was relieved of command for "mock executions" and bringing a charred arm into the TOC to prove "Battle Damage Assessment" They were angry for not getting "credit" for their kills--so they brought a charred enemy arm in a black garbage back into the Tactical Operations Center for proof--- just disgusting people. I have PTSD and can't talk about the worst parts.
If the devil ever comes in the night don't forget about Camp Hope. They are the smoke for your LZ. (9724 Derrington Rd, Houston, TX 77064 (832) 912-4429)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If the devil ever comes in the night don't forget about Camp Hope. They are the smoke for your LZ. (9724 Derrington Rd, Houston, TX 77064 (832) 912-4429) P.S. My son was with 101st on both fronts. Now working as a helo mechanic in Kuwait. Doing what he has to do.)

Upvote 0

Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was attached to 25th Infantry Airborne out of Alaska for a few months as a 13F/Fister, and then attached to Rakkasan 101st for the rest of a 12 month deployment in Afghanistan. I didn't care for Rakkasan. Being 82nd in the 101st was a little rough, but Rakkasan is just a different organism anyway.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hollow Man

Jun 26, 2019
Palm Beach
✟1,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
are there any programs out there that provide military training for civilians? I'm a little late to the game but am really interested in doing something along the lines of a SARC, Corpseman or combat medic.

This really has nothing to do with your question, but it just reminded me of a funny story.

When I was a teenager, I became a cadet in our local volunteer fire department. I earned my EMT badge on my 17th birthday.

Our training officer was a former combat medic. When we would do drills, he would have a boombox and a bucket of tennis balls. So you'd be on the ground trying to assess your patient, and he'd have Immigrant Song or Ted Nugent or something loud blasting out of the boombox so you couldn't hear and he'd be throwing tennis balls at your head. Hard. And if you looked up at him, he'd scream, "Why are you looking at me? Your patient is dying! Tend your #%^$%^& patient!" and keep on throwing stuff at you.

Ah, good times.

He was a good guy. He's chew your backside, but then when he was done, he'd put his arm around your shoulder and say, "Don't worry, kid! You're gonna do great!"

Upvote 0