Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sam Margarve has been a vocal critic of church leaders who want to bless homosexual unions and those who want to go further and perform marriages for homosexual couples.

As Church of England leaders meet in a contentious synod over whether to bless same-sex unions, tensions escalated when a diocese reported a lay synod member to police for “hate speech.”

The Diocese of Coventry announced reported synod member Sam Margrave to the police after he reportedly posted his beliefs that same-sex relationships are sinful. The diocese is part of the Anglican Communion and not in communion with the Catholic Church.

Margarve has been a vocal critic of Anglican Church leaders who want to bless homosexual unions and those who want to go further and perform marriages for homosexual couples.

Bishop Christopher Cocksworth of the Diocese of Coventry informed Margrave that they had reported him to the police, according to a news release from the United Kingdom-based Christian advocacy group Christian Concern.

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I imagine this will be coming to a Catholic diocese near you, before you know it.
Then they can kick me out. I'm not leaving willingly. Nor am I going to be silent.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This really angers me. For one thing, no church should be supporting same-sex relationships as something that is moral. I also don't like the fact that they reported it to the police as hate speech because they are trying to silence anyone whose views are in contradiction to theirs and to me, that's not right. Saying that same-sex relationships are immoral is not hate speech. It's the Truth. If they were using slurs to refer to same-sex attracted persons then that would be a good example of hate speech but simply saying that same-sex relationships are immoral is not hate speech.

Here in the United States we have Freedom of Speech under the Constitution but I honestly fear that someday we could see such hate speech laws here as well. I hope we don't because such laws can easily be used to unjustly silence people who should not be silenced.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Here in the United States we have Freedom of Speech under the Constitution but I honestly fear that someday we could see such hate speech laws here as well. I hope we don't because such laws can easily be used to unjustly silence people who should not be silenced.
Practically, even though not legally, we have lost our freedom of speech. That's what being cancelled is all about.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Practically, even though not legally, we have lost our freedom of speech. That's what being cancelled is all about.
Yeah you are definitely right about that. I just hope it doesn't come to the point where we can face criminal charges for speaking the Truth.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
They really hate the word of God. Other than the whole praising the abominable sin of homosexuality thing, they completely ignore that the church is supposed to handle these things in house. I can't believe anyone would look at Anglicanism/Episcopalianism and think that's a good Christian place to be.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
They really hate the word of God. Other than the whole praising the abominable sin of homosexuality thing, they completely ignore that the church is supposed to handle these things in house. I can't believe anyone would look at Anglicanism/Episcopalianism and think that's a good Christian place to be.
To be fair, so far this is only one of their dioceses. About the calling the cops on people holding old fashioned beliefs that is. That other abomination is much more widespread.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
To be fair, so far this is only one of their dioceses. About the calling the cops on people holding old fashioned beliefs that is. That other abomination is much more widespread.
You're far more charitable about them than I am. You seem to have higher hopes. Personally I just hear them all letting out a celebratory lisp at getting someone locked up.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You're far more charitable about them than I am. You seem to have higher hopes. Personally I just hear them all letting out a celebratory lisp at getting someone locked up.
I do expect there are some shell shocked Anglicans that once their concussions heal a bit will evacuate their current locations for safer ground.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Darren Court

Sep 22, 2016
UK
✟19,802.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think the problem here is that we swallowed the lie that we ever had "freedom of speech"!
The reality is that we have never been free to say whatever we like.... ever. Sometimes the restrictions were just society and potentially being ostracized but even in law there have always been restrictions. Try running around the airport say the word "I think bombs should be allowed on planes" for a ridiculous example.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I imagine this will be coming to a Catholic diocese near you, before you know it.
I'm betting i won't. Rome has no time for that kind of dreck; they've stood firm in the face of the zeitgeist and remained unmoved. Otherwise thay'd have preceded the CofE onto the rubbish hesp.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anglicanism, yes. The Continuing Anglican churches exist because the CofE has decided to follow the same path that has made the PCUSA, the UMC, TEC, and other "woke" denominations irrelevant and dying. They're renounced the Christian faith and embraced the worship of the zeitgeist in the form of "social justice" The Continuing Anglicans, and those of us who "identify" as Anglo-Catholib have declined to drink the woke Kool-Aid. We still confess the ancient Creeds of the Church, and believe the Bible, as properly interpreted, is true.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sam Margarve has been a vocal critic of church leaders who want to bless homosexual unions and those who want to go further and perform marriages for homosexual couples.

As Church of England leaders meet in a contentious synod over whether to bless same-sex unions, tensions escalated when a diocese reported a lay synod member to police for “hate speech.”

The Diocese of Coventry announced reported synod member Sam Margrave to the police after he reportedly posted his beliefs that same-sex relationships are sinful. The diocese is part of the Anglican Communion and not in communion with the Catholic Church.

Margarve has been a vocal critic of Anglican Church leaders who want to bless homosexual unions and those who want to go further and perform marriages for homosexual couples.

Bishop Christopher Cocksworth of the Diocese of Coventry informed Margrave that they had reported him to the police, according to a news release from the United Kingdom-based Christian advocacy group Christian Concern.

Continued below.
Maybe it's these sorts of falsehoods perpetrated on believers that will lead many to return home to Rome.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Totally agree.
Aunt Jemima never saw it coming.
AND her family lost the royalties.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Is there a better place to tell the truth?
Well for one thing who started the non demoniation denomiation.
Because if you are not a denomination but are not 'with' anyone else in a gathering of like mindedness, but believe as you believe and follow the idea to believe whatever you want to believe because someone taught you to do so, just as atheists have a beginning and all follow the same 'verbatim' beliefs, you have a denomination.

In fact the only Church in the world without a denomination is the Catholic Church because she was the first and for 1500 years the only Church and all who broke from her teachings based on speculation and false teachers of what she teaches, have one very basic error they follow.
They consider Jesus spoke false.

Ahh you ask, but how you would never say such a thing.
If you ignore Matthew 16; 18 + then you aren't putting faith in Jesus' Words.

Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...and if you read the Catholic Catechism you'd know that the only church Christ started is the one that includes ALL believers!
To be a believer would that not require to do that which one is suppose to believe?

It doesn't mean to change those beliefs because you dislike something that is required to be believed, does it?

Every denomination, including (and especially) non-denominations, for that denomination to exist requires someone to not believe what they were being taught, and start their own church so that they can teach what they believe is the actual truth. This is the way of relativism, and all of Protestantism, including its daughters: Evangelicals, Pentecostals, Non-denominationalism, etc. are churches built upon relativism, ie. your way is not right because I don't believe that it is.

Not accusing you of this, because this happened before you, unless you are the founder of your church. But what you believe is based upon the opinions of someone else who would not accept what he was taught. Such an ugly mess Protestantism is, is it not?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
...and if you read the Catholic Catechism you'd know that the only church Christ started is the one that includes ALL believers!
[/QUOTE]
Not even sure why you ascertain Catholics are incorrect then, by your own words.

Then again if you're going to misuse scripture, to force context where the text doesn't con, then you're bound to end up believing false things! Mt 16:18 is the go to, have to rely on, verse for such claims but the context is not about Peter! The passage and the meaning of this entire portion of scripture is sandwiched between v13 and v20. The subject, the focus, the purpose, the priority, the teaching, everything here is about ONE thing.. and it's not Peter. It's the confession of who Christ is! Jesus didn't deviate with a throw in line that was distracting to the most important revelation that had ever happened... unless you want to believe He did!
How do you read Matthew 16?

How do you Read Isaiah 22?

Isaiah 22 was the reality/prophecy of the necessity of the Steward - and how a Kingdom works.

BTW this is not a debate area.

Try general theology
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately, when you deploy reductive thinking, you end up with simple answers that really don't make much sense.
You see, there are so many problems with your proposition that "To be a believer would that not require to do that which one is suppose to believe", is not only unbiblical but fundamentally flawed...
i) If you are REQUIRED to do what you're supposed to do, then how much of those things are you REQUIRED to do to be qualified? All of them, most of them, a lot of them or what? The fact is that nobody does everything they are supposed to do. I'll go even further and say that in all likelihood everyone believes some facet of false doctrine.
ii) Catholics often live in the false idea that they are united in their doctrine and the rest are so divided, it demonstrates they are wrong. The fact is that I meet Catholics everyday all over the place, and most of them don't actually believe in many things the Catholic Church teaches. Take transubstantiation for example. 73% of USA Catholics don't believe it! This is a fundamental dogma of the Catholic Church, and nearly three times as many don't believe it as those who do. So much for a single united doctrine!
iii) You assume that i) the Catholic Church has never changed it's understanding of scripture... and it has ii) errors don't exist to contend else infer that they were started through relativism. In the main they weren't! Errors exist in all churches including the Catholic Church (if ever the Catholic Church changed any belief or teaching then this becomes self evident. Thus even if those churches were started on the basis of doctrine differences it rarely, if ever, had anything to do with relativism. In the main, however, most denominations were started by God calling a man (or men) to stand up for Him, doing great works and his followers later establishing a new denomination.
One of the biggest problems in such discussions with Catholics is their denial else refusal to consider men God used greatly to further His kingdom, His word, His salvation outside of Catholicism. People like Wesley, Spurgeon, Wigglesworth, Finney, Whitfield, Roberts and countless others lived amazing lives, brought glory to God, performed miracles and brought hundreds and thousands to the knowledge of Jesus. Were they sent by God but told to ignore His (Catholic) church? Were they sent by God and they disobeyed God by ignoring His (Catholic) church?
By your theory the Church cannot be right because the followers err is like saying Jesus was wrong because Judas did what he did.

Flawed analogies is all I see through your mistaken ideas.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Not even sure why you ascertain Catholics are incorrect then, by your own words.

How do you read Matthew 16?

How do you Read Isaiah 22?

Isaiah 22 was the reality/prophecy of the necessity of the Steward - and how a Kingdom works.

BTW this is not a debate area.

Try general theology

Don't bother answering Because the Church teaches from the beginning and since you're not interested in truth, but rather being correct over 2000 years of teaching... you'll only be wresting the scriptures and epistles... [google that]

Upvote 0