Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For the Church of England, considering and potentially changing the Our Father that Jesus Himself taught us to appease a radical and small minority is about as valueless as one can get.

In a bizarre turn of events, the Church of England bishops will meet to discuss making God gender-neutral this Spring.

Despite its Protestant identity, the Anglican’s home church is pondering to go directly against both biblical texts and also tradition.

While Jesus describes God the Father as His Father numerous times, with the Virgin Mary being His mother, some in the Church of England believe that believers need a less gendered way to experience God.

Therefore, the Church of England will use a synod to discuss a potential change in the way Anglicans, at least in England, can describe God.

This means, as you guessed it, that yes, the Our Father may be changed as well.

The efforts for these changes arose after Reverend Joanna Stobart asked if there was any progress on the Church of England’s Liturgical Commission on finding appropriate gender-neutral terms for God the Father and He and Him. She inquired:

Continued below.

Ain't Zwinglian

Feb 23, 2020
Oregon
✟107,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Major problems with Baptism. The only time in the NT we are commanded to use the Triune Formula is in baptism. Even the very liberal ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church) has a gender neutral liturgy, but also has exempted Baptism from being de-gendered. The question is how long will this exemption exist in the ELCA?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
In a bizarre turn of events, the Church of England bishops will meet to discuss making God gender-neutral this Spring.
This was the decision they made in 2016 when they were open to the LGBT. That will take a massive effort to go through the Bible and the Book of Common Prayer to make them gender-neutral. It will no longer be a woman with an issue of blood, but a person with an issue of blood. Or maybe an issue with blood.

Attachments

• aps,504x498,medium,transparent-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg
    aps,504x498,medium,transparent-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said "FATHER" several times.
Jesus was man.

Interesting HE used gender specific language of the MASCULINITY of the Almighty.

This would be not only a faux show, but it will never see the blessings.

Scriptures stated nor the effiminate... [and probably the masculine females?]
because the Lord does not make mistakes and to announce that HE has, and going against HIS WILL which was our gender, has some serious implications involved.

Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟758,092.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think God might have a few objections to being told by a bunch of prelates that He's sexless.

No doubt it was His nurturing feminine side that determined there should be five mass extinction events long before we came on the scene.

Make no mistake - He would have planned them long before they happened.

It was Christ who said "Believe me, Him you should fear ...."

The church hierarchy involved in this nonsense are playing games. God is so masculine we're all feminine in comparison.

I think the Church of England is on the way out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think God might have a few objections to being told by a bunch of prelates that He's sexless.

No doubt it was His nurturing feminine side that determined there should be five mass extinction events long before we came on the scene.

Make no mistake - He would have planned them long before they happened.

It was Christ who said "Believe me, Him you should fear ...."

The church hierarchy involved in this nonsense are playing games. God is so masculine we're all feminine in comparison.

I think the Church of England is on the way out.
He is sexless.
However; he is masculine predominately. He divided Adam removing the feminine qualities into Eve so he was not alone. Thus they are complimentary and fit together. Also why they are attracted to one another. Seeking their 'other half' so to speak.
The Lord is wholeness and He refers to Himself Masculine, which is the Dominate force.

Upvote 0