• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Church history ~ A quick review

Discussion in 'St. Athanasius Chapel and Reference Library' started by RosaryChaplet9, Jan 11, 2014.

1. RosaryChaplet9

RosaryChaplet9 Guest

+0
    To properly understand church history I've read several books
    a) The Orthodox church by Kallistos ware
    2) Vladmir Lossky's Theology of the Eastern Church
    3) Russia and the land of the Tsars
    4) The Orthodox Church by sergius bulgakov

A basic review of church history 101 ..

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. truefiction1

truefiction1 Fool

+1,654
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I'm reading "Orthodox Christians in America: A Short History" by John H. Erickson.

I'm really rather enjoying it, and am learning many things about American Orthodoxy that I now realize that probably everyone else already pretty much knows, except for myself and very small children in the church.

3. Abel Gkiouzelis

Abel Gkiouzelis The Smile of God in your heart

+196
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Celibate