Palisades Park
✟8,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
HI! I just need some advice from you guys.

I am new in my town and the church where I was initially introduced to, here is good. It's also the church where my husband grew up.

Its crowd is mostly people of my own ethnicity that's why I didn't have any hard time assimilating there.

The only problem is, I keep comparing it to the church where I grew up where practical Christian living is applied more strictly than it is here. Now, I'm literally feeling like I'm not being fed spiritually enough here. I feel like something is missing and I keep looking at other churches' preachings to be fed spiritually. And then, I would feel extremely guilty in doing it considering that I knew I'm still not giving my best and all at this said church.

I feel confused and defeated at times because I know I want to be an example to my husband and encourage him to be more spiritually strong and grounded.

What should I do? Look for a new church where both of us will grow spiritually. Or stay in this current church and get more involved.

I need your opinion guys. Thanks!

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tell your husband how you feel and both pray about it. (He could be feeling the same way.)
Maybe, do some recon about other nearby churches. (This one might be the best one God has for you at this time.)

• Agree
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟794,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

I am new in my town and the church where I was initially introduced to, here is good. It's also the church where my husband grew up.

Its crowd is mostly people of my own ethnicity that's why I didn't have any hard time assimilating there.

The only problem is, I keep comparing it to the church where I grew up where practical Christian living is applied more strictly than it is here. Now, I'm literally feeling like I'm not being fed spiritually enough here. I feel like something is missing and I keep looking at other churches' preachings to be fed spiritually. And then, I would feel extremely guilty in doing it considering that I knew I'm still not giving my best and all at this said church.

I feel confused and defeated at times because I know I want to be an example to my husband and encourage him to be more spiritually strong and grounded.

What should I do? Look for a new church where both of us will grow spiritually. Or stay in this current church and get more involved.

I don't know your specifics enough to opine, but I can tell you from personal experience, I resented it when my wife wanted to go to a different church.

Upvote 0

CoderGMA

Mar 31, 2021
Pennsylvania
✟16,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced

Is this God giving you an opportunity to serve in your new church? Maybe to develop that Bible study that you are seeking for yourself? Maybe there are others in the church that feel the same and want more and are looking for someone to step up and follow God's prompting? Just some food for thought.

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Start a home prayer bible study cell group and pray for revival in that church.

Upvote 0