✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Lev,
I have been reading up on the Historical Jesus a bit lately, and I have found these three books to be a good place to start for a chronological study of the topic from 1800-the present.

The Quest of the Historical Jesus by Albert Schweitzer

New Quest of the Historical Jesus by JAMES M.ROBINSON,

The Jesus Quest: The Third Search for the Jew of Nazareth by Ben, III Witherington

Enjoy :)
The first two books are rather sceptical of the historical Jesus, while Witherington's book deals substantively as an evangelical.

I'd recommend a read of:

• Richard Bauckham 2006. Jesus and the Eyewitnesses: The Gospels as Eyewitness Testimony. Grand Rapids, Michigan: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.
  • Martin Hengel 2000. The Four Gospels and the One Gospel of Jesus Christ. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: Trinity Press International.
  • Paul Barnett 2005. The Birth of Christianity: The First Twenty Years. Grand Rapids, Michigan: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.
  • Craig A. Evans 2007. Fabricating Jesus: How Modern Scholars Distort the Gospels. Nottingham, England: Inter-Varsity Press.
  • Nicholas Perrin 2007. Thomas, the Other Gospel. London: SPCK.
These writers give a very different picture to Jesus of the Renewed New Quest of the historical Jesus (e.g. the Jesus Seminar).

Sincerely, Oz

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sensational

Jan 20, 2011
Southern California
✟7,864.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have been reading up on the Historical Jesus a bit lately, and I have found these three books to be a good place to start for a chronological study of the topic from 1800-the present.

The Jesus Quest: The Third Search for the Jew of Nazareth by Ben, III Witherington

Im working my way through John P Meirer's Marginal Jew 4 volume set right now on the historical Jesus and strongly recommend it. It also contains good bibiographies for further study including the history of the questers. this bibliography site has some good recommendations also
New Testament Bibliography #4: The Historical Jesus

In Christ,
JMS

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
1800-the present????
I dont get it

Jesus did born the year -6, commenced his ministry the year +28, and was crucified the year +30
Where's your historical research to demonstrate this?

Oz

Upvote 0

dcyates

May 28, 2005
Calgary, AB.
✟2,162.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Not to be overlooked when it comes to excellent books re: Historical Jesus studies:
The Historical Jesus of the Gospels by Craig S. Keener;
Jesus and Judaism and The Historical Figure of Jesus by E.P. Sanders; and...
The Historical Jesus: A Comprehensive Guide by Gerd Theissen and Annette Merz.
But when it comes to a chronological study of the subject, one could hardly do better than...
The Human Christ: The Search for the Historical Jesus by Charlotte Allen. (My only caveat would be that this was published in 1998, and there have been some very significant monographs released since then.)

Upvote 0

Goinheix

Dec 23, 2010
Montevideo Uruguay
✟2,018.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Where's your historical research to demonstrate this?

Oz

The Baptist is against any good study being published. They only publish the own authors wich have been proven to be good baptist deeply involved in the baptist church. All new baptist authors are considered too dangerous and has to be kept unpublished.

Jesus did born during a sensus. One sensus ocurred in -6 and another in -4. Herod died in -4 leaving an extremely short time between Jesus berth (if in -4) until his dead. Many other element point better -6 than -4.

Lucas mention the exactly time making references to emperors and kings. All that point +28 as beginning of the ministry. The ministry lasted 2 years out of question and finished in +30.

In +30, the 15th nissan was friday.

All my reaearch lead to the dates i shared with all you.

Upvote 0