Was Joseph the Father of Jesus? Video of Going to Work with Jesus and Joseph near Nazareth!

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I thought I would share a few things on the great St. Joseph. The more I’ve studied him and walked in his land, the more I love this guy. First, a discussion of whether it is correct to call St. Joseph the father of Jesus. Second, I recently ran from Nazareth to the worksite of these two guys and I invite you by video to run along with me.

Was Joseph the “father” of Jesus? We hear many opinions…

“Joseph was possibly the biological father of Jesus, but the Gospels deny the fact, claiming he was the product of a virgin birth, making Jesus more than just a man.”

“Jesus is really the product of rape and Joseph mercifully stepped up to the plate to help Mary and the unfortunate baby.”

“Joseph was not the father of Jesus because Jesus had no biological father; he was born to the Virgin Mary by the miraculously overshadowing of the Holy Spirit.”

There is more than one opinion today on Joseph’s relationship to Jesus—but what is the truth? Is it theologically and historically correct to refer to Joseph as the father of Jesus?

In front of the tomb of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem I state in my video/ DVD Jesus, the Word Became Flesh, “The earth provided a borrowed cave in Bethlehem to receive him at his birth and now another borrowed cave in Jerusalem protects his body in death. Born from a virgin womb he was now buried in a virgin tomb.

His father Joseph found the cave for this birth, a disciple Joseph found a cave for his burial” (the words in question are italicized).

But is it proper to refer to Joseph as “the father of Jesus”? The answer is both yes and no.

Continued below.