• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Chronic pain changes us

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
^ saw above today & thinking WHY for our story

God opened up possibility of adoption after I had to quit work since job too physical to do with pain

husband wasn't open to adoption at first
then he was in car accident few yrs after mine
(hit by another, also) while bedridden for a mos, we cont' adoption discussion & then he agreed

we were on track to remain childless
God needed to clear the path we were on?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am sorry for my open heart and big mouth yesterday. I don't usually speak on my burdens. I realize there are many that suffer and suffer in silence. Some things aren't meant to be shared but then there are some that need that outlet. If any of the readers need to lift that from themselves by sharing I am sure we all want to help.
Thanks for posting here.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Who are we really when we live with chronic pain? I often wonder what we would really be like if we had no pain. I do believe we aren't what we are supposed to be. Does God take that into account when our actions aren't what they would be if we were pain free?
What would we have been in the end if our lives were free of it.

Sometimes God uses those with chronic pain to make saints of others who surround them. I remember the last year of St Pope John Paul II. Many around him helped him with many of his daily needs. Those suffering have saints surrounding them sometimes to care for them. Let them help.

We think "what would our lives have been like if we didn't have the pain." God had other plans for us. He is using us to bring others closer to Him. We will experience what we want to experience when we are with Our Lord in Heaven. Until then, we do God's will the best we can.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes God uses those with chronic pain to make saints of others who surround them. I remember the last year of St Pope John Paul II. Many around him helped him with many of his daily needs. Those suffering have saints surrounding them sometimes to care for them. Let them help.

We think "what would our lives have been like if we didn't have the pain." God had other plans for us. He is using us to bring others closer to Him. We will experience what we want to experience when we are with Our Lord in Heaven. Until then, we do God's will the best we can.

I wrote this when I was in one of my optimistic moments...

Unfortunately, I'm in one of those slumps that seem never ending. It goes in a cycle. My work is strenuous, tedious, and boring (to a certain extent). I've been at my job for 27 years. At my age, after a week of work, I am tired, sore and fairly useless. The real problem begins though when I rest. I feel at peace, my body begins to recover from the pain but I become very weak (lethargic at times). My body stiffens up and my mind cannot convince my body to get up and move. I become depressed because I become more useless. I don't want to do anything, I don't have an appetite. I cannot get out of that feeling. Sunday comes and I manage to get to Church which helps kick start my body and mind into doing something but after Church I begin to start thinking about going through another week of work and I become depressed again. I'm two years away from retirement. I don't know if I can make it. Each week is getting more and more difficult.

Is this depression? Chronic pain syndrome? The rheumatologist first said I had fibromyalgia but after when I told him gabapentin and salsalate did nothing get help with the pain, he doesn't know what I have. I have motivation. I have alot of things that I want and need to do but no motivation. I've prayed and prayed and prayed but no motivation. Is there anybody out there who can relate? I'm afraid of the sin of sloth - I'm trying but I just can't get out of this slump. God bless all of you with pain problems. Someday we'll be at real peace.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am sure there are so many that suffer as you do, that it would be impossible to count them
I used to dream in the last several
Years that I was doing the work around the house that I needed to do and then I would wake up frustrated with the knowkedge that it wouldn't be done, again.
The city is coming soon because the yard needs to be mowed and trimmed and i can't do it. My house has never been so bad. Depression, yes. I have no answers and God isn't getting envolved right now.
It just keeps building.
I am glad you have people all around . Bless your heart and thank God for the blessings you have because although it seems hopeless there are some there to be thankful for. I am sure you know this. I am just trying to reassure you.
Don't do what I did and do nothing but sit or lie down to keep the pain away as the work you have to do in your house will get so far behind it is hopeless to catch up. More depression. Keep your eyes on God for answers. I pray for answers for you. Have you thought about disability? At least you wouldn't have that to suffer with.
God bless you and keep you.
Keep you eyes on the prize when it's all over.
PRAYERS and empathy.)

• Friendly
Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0