Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Quite the testimony

Thank you for sharing this, Bob

If you like that one - then you might really love this one! Very professionally done to help the viewer fully appreciate what they went through only to have God abruptly intervene and draw them directly to Christ and the Gospel!!

Must See Amazing Story! Saved from Islam, alternate-lifestyle, drugs, suicide, demon worship etc

• Winner
Reactions: Gary O'
Upvote 0

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟98,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you like that one - then you might really love this one!
Yes, I loved it.

The first several minutes were a bit tedious (I think I'm a tad callous) but it built, and the end was wonderful.

Thank you again, Bob

• Agree
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I loved it.

The first several minutes were a bit tedious (I think I'm a tad callous) but it built, and the end was wonderful.

Thank you again, Bob

Yes the first part seems to be unrelated background but it does build up over time and the ending is a whopper!

What I find interesting is not only the miracle intervention of God in these videos but also the darkness and despair from which people come who are then invited to "step into the light" by Christ Himself.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟98,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I find interesting is not only the miracle intervention of God in these videos but also the darkness and despair from which people come who are then invited to "step into the light" by Christ Himself.
Ever heard of Ray Comfort?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ever heard of Ray Comfort?

Yes - he has some great videos on reaching out to atheists.

I am always amazed at the sequence where the one being interviewed starts off showing no interest at all in the gospel - and at the end agrees to look into it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
He has some great sermons, too

I may have heard one or two of his sermons but I don't remember the topic off hand. If you have one of your favorites that you would like to share - I am happy to watch it - I really like the way he thinks.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for sharing that -- I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be sharing it as often as I can. I was going to respond after watching the first ten minutes to let you know that I was really enjoying it - but then decided to wait until I had time to watch the entire message.

His message on the judgment and evangelism and the law of God is spot on. The online link you have for the free online book called "The Desire of Ages" -- which is the very best Commentary on the life of Christ -- shows how all during the life of Christ that very message about judgment and the fear of God as well as the love of God and the life of a true Christian -- was being given in the ministry of Christ.

In that video at 18:05 he makes this statement: "Evangelism has dropped the law in its Gospel proclamation" 18:05

Revelation 14 has the final message for mankind "The Three Angel's Messages" - and the first angel's message in that chapter includes this --

Rev 14:6-7 "having an everlasting gospel to preach to the world...fear God and give glory to Him For the hour of His Judgment HAS come".

And in Rev 14:12 "the saints keep the commandments of God"

The teaching in your video is in perfect agreement with Revelation 14's final message to mankind as far as it goes in the short 40 minute video.

I love his tips and hints on how to start a discussion with a stranger and his emphasis on daily Bible study and prayer.

There is another online book called "The Great Controversy" where the judgment hour message is presented magnified and explained in great detail.

This chapter in that book is on Ray's topic of judgment where all the life is brought up in review.

The Great Controversy (White)/Facing Life's Record - Wikisource, the free online library

======================

I agree with Ray's condemnation of popular "cheap shallow gospel" methods.

But there is a risk in condemning that problem in society today in that it can be taken too far.

Invite Jesus into your heart has substance in the Bible -

Rev 3
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. 21 The one who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat with My Father on His throne.

Rom 10
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Thanks again for sharing that.

Upvote 0

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟98,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with Ray's condemnation of popular "cheap shallow gospel" methods.

But there is a risk in condemning that problem in society today in that it can be taken too far.

Invite Jesus into your heart has substance in the Bible -

Yes, I agree
I consider him spot on, but his delivery leaves me a bit cold

My most recent Christian experience has revealed to me one thing for sure;
I can do NOTHING of my own
He has taken away so much of what I've been struggling with

And I'm experiencing retrieval of the fruits of the Spirit that I'd lost

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I agree
I consider him spot on, but his delivery leaves me a bit cold

My most recent Christian experience has revealed to me one thing for sure;
I can do NOTHING of my own
He has taken away so much of what I've been struggling with

And I'm experiencing retrieval of the fruits of the Spirit that I'd lost

Amen to that my friend. All praises to God for granting revival and reformation in each of us.

Jesus said in Matt 11 "My yoke is easy and my burden is light" - He "lifts burdens" that weigh us down by telling us to put our sins at the foot of the cross and follow the path of true repentance and the inflow of the fruits of the Spirit.

• Friendly
Upvote 0