christopher Hitchens the atheist messiah.

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
Does that make my view more clear. I really do not need any to teach me, for I have not many teachers in my life, pastors and such, and am under an anointing, and the anointing I have is and will teach me all things I need to know. Do you see where I come from? Be blessed.

I'll take that as a "no" answer to my question then. If you aren't interested in my point of view, I certainly am not interested in yours.

Also, you may want to do some independent reading on exactly what "survival of the fittest" means.

In a debate it is best to actually have facts or, at least in the case of religious beliefs, some logical conclusion you can draw. You cannot simply 1) state something that cannot be backed up at all and then 2) declare victory over it.

Upvote 0

kenblaster5000

Feb 5, 2007
Las Vegas NV
✟10,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'll take that as a "no" answer to my question then. If you aren't interested in my point of view, I certainly am not interested in yours.

Also, you may want to do some independent reading on exactly what "survival of the fittest" means.

In a debate it is best to actually have facts or, at least in the case of religious beliefs, some logical conclusion you can draw. You cannot simply 1) state something that cannot be backed up at all and then 2) declare victory over it.

Kind of sounds like evolution.

Upvote 0

Janser

Jan 20, 2010
✟318.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That always amazes me about people who do not think evolution is true, they do not even bother to find out about the thing they are against, surly they would be better able to fight against evolution if they knew something about it?
We know the reason why they don't find out more about evolution is because if they did then their religion would suffer.

Upvote 0

kenblaster5000

Feb 5, 2007
Las Vegas NV
✟10,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe if you have zero idea what evolution is.

Hey, this might seem a little off the subject, but that picture of Bush turning into Obama trips me out. I know a little about evolution. I do not know how long I could keep the debate about evolution. You have zero idea about what my faith in God truly is. If He did not wake me up in the morning with a song in my heart, then my faith might faulter. Have you ever seen Shawshank Redemption? That main guy was thrown into the hole and the only thing he had to cling onto was the music in his heart. They could not get to that. See, I have the Lord of glory in my heart, tucked inside where noone can get to it. Terrance, be blessed. I like the doggie.

Upvote 0

kenblaster5000

Feb 5, 2007
Las Vegas NV
✟10,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That always amazes me about people who do not think evolution is true, they do not even bother to find out about the thing they are against, surly they would be better able to fight against evolution if they knew something about it?
We know the reason why they don't find out more about evolution is because if they did then their religion would suffer.

Janser, that is why it is so important for us Christians to build our faith on the Rock (Jesus Christ) and not sand (religious legalism/tradition). My faith will not be soon shaken if my foundation is Jesus Christ. But, if it is religious rites, traditions, legalism, phariseeism, then it will be shaken to the core. God is calling the masses out of these religious systems and into the light of His glory, just as Moses led the Israelites out of the land of Egypt.

Upvote 0

Janser

Jan 20, 2010
✟318.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Janser, that is why it is so important for us Christians to build our faith on the Rock (Jesus Christ) and not sand (religious legalism/tradition). My faith will not be soon shaken if my foundation is Jesus Christ. But, if it is religious rites, traditions, legalism, phariseeism, then it will be shaken to the core. God is calling the masses out of these religious systems and into the light of His glory, just as Moses led the Israelites out of the land of Egypt.
So you really are afraid to gain knowledge in case that knowledge interferes with your belief, some belief,
what a sad thing wanting to stay unenlightened in case you find out something you might not want to know,
talk about burying your head is the sand.

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
My faith will not be soon shaken if my foundation is Jesus Christ. But, if it is religious rites, traditions, legalism, phariseeism, then it will be shaken to the core.

Yes, because the descendants of the Pharisees have had their faith "shaken to the core" right? Is that why they kept their faith through persecution after persecution after persecution? I think you just make statements you have heard without even trying to understand anybody else.

Also, your comment about Moses leading the Israelite out of Egypt...

what religion were they? ;)

Upvote 0

kenblaster5000

Feb 5, 2007
Las Vegas NV
✟10,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you really are afraid to gain knowledge in case that knowledge interferes with your belief, some belief,
what a sad thing wanting to stay unenlightened in case you find out something you might not want to know,
talk about burying your head is the sand.

What, like an ostrich does, as if I am afraid? Yes, there will be much to be fearful of for a meek Christian. But the Lord says, do not be dismayed, do not be afraid, look not to the left or to the right. Many false prophets will arise and deceive many, but I will keep my eyes on the cross. Many plagues will spring forth, and disasters, but the Lord will deliver me from all my afflictions. You can criticize all you like, but who will have the last laugh? Not me, I will weep for those who would not come when I put my hands out for them as the bride is brought up. Be blessed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey, this might seem a little off the subject, but that picture of Bush turning into Obama trips me out. I know a little about evolution.
Based upon your previous statement not alot.

You have zero idea about what my faith in God truly is.
And I don't care. It has zero relevance to a discussion about evolution.

Upvote 0

Janser

Jan 20, 2010
✟318.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What, like an ostrich does, as if I am afraid? Yes, there will be much to be fearful of for a meek Christian. But the Lord says, do not be dismayed, do not be afraid, look not to the left or to the right. Many false prophets will arise and deceive many, but I will keep my eyes on the cross. Many plagues will spring forth, and disasters, but the Lord will deliver me from all my afflictions. You can criticize all you like, but who will have the last laugh? Not me, I will weep for those who would not come when I put my hands out for them as the bride is brought up. Be blessed.
Why don't you read more about evolution? then you will at least know what it is you're fighting against?

Upvote 0

kenblaster5000

Feb 5, 2007
Las Vegas NV
✟10,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why don't you read more about evolution? then you will at least know what it is you're fighting against?

I don't think I need to even fight against evolution. All I really have to do is put the name of Jesus Christ out. His name is the name that is above all names. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is Lord. And we think we have free will.:wave:

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟250,865.00
Faith
Atheist
I try to share what I know with others, but for some reason it does not get through. This shows me that there is a bearier with some, it is called a veil.
Have you ever considered that you are just bad at sharing what you know?

Upvote 0

kenblaster5000

Feb 5, 2007
Las Vegas NV
✟10,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever considered that you are just bad at sharing what you know?

I will take that into consideration. I have also seen my sharing bear fruit in the past. I'll continue to throw the gospel around like seed. Peter had a ministry to the Jews, and Paul to the gentiles. Maybe my ministry is not to those in atheism, or evolution. Have a good day sir.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Janser

Jan 20, 2010
✟318.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't think I need to even fight against evolution. All I really have to do is put the name of Jesus Christ out. His name is the name that is above all names. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is Lord. And we think we have free will.:wave:
That will only happen in your small neck of the woods.

Upvote 0

kenblaster5000

Feb 5, 2007
Las Vegas NV
✟10,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That will only happen in your small neck of the woods.

Janser, you have the seed of the word in you, now let it germinate, sprout, and grow. You put God into a box, but He is much bigger than that. You can underestimate me, but do not underestimate God. He will show you His might in the near future whether you follow Him or not. Jesus Christ has His hand on your life. Did you watch Marvin the robot?:)

Upvote 0

Janser

Jan 20, 2010
✟318.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Janser, you have the seed of the word in you, now let it germinate, sprout, and grow. You put God into a box, but He is much bigger than that. You can underestimate me, but do not underestimate God. He will show you His might in the near future whether you follow Him or not. Jesus Christ has His hand on your life. Did you watch Marvin the robot?:)
Oh that you were right, unfortunatly your God resides only in your mind so even if I did accept a God he would be my God not yours, and I would fashion him just as you have done to be the one true God for me.
But it's never going to happen because there are no Gods outside of believers minds, that's why when you die your God dies with you, it's very sad but it's also very true.

You don't believe me and I wouldn't expect you to, for you your God is real and services all your needs,
so enjoy your God because you are paying for your God with your life, and this life is the only one you have.

No I didn't watch Marvin the robot, I will check him out now.

Upvote 0

kenblaster5000

Feb 5, 2007
Las Vegas NV
✟10,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh that you were right, unfortunatly your God resides only in your mind so even if I did accept a God he would be my God not yours, and I would fashion him just as you have done to be the one true God for me.
But it's never going to happen because there are no Gods outside of believers minds, that's why when you die your God dies with you, it's very sad but it's also very true.

You don't believe me and I wouldn't expect you to, for you your God is real and services all your needs,
so enjoy your God because you are paying for your God with your life, and this life is the only one you have.

No I didn't watch Marvin the robot, I will check him out now.

Outside of religion, God, or whatever you assume I am like, what are you passionate about. What kind of talents do you enjoy. I like sports, chess (tactical/strategy games), cooking, and playing the trumpet. Of course my favorite is, well you know.

Upvote 0