Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is your source for this and how do you know it is reliable?
There are many resources for understanding what He desires, the most official having been assembeled into the collection we know to be the bible. The statements found in the bible directly relate to the matters regarding God, and make it clear of that. This is mostly why I consider it reliable when understanding what God desires. There could be other sources for understanding what God desires and other reasons for considering them reliable, but right now I cannot think much about it. I think you got the answer you were expecting.
You have never contemplated other opinions in regards to God's desires?
Who would have given me such opinions, and why would I consider them reliable? Can you describe what you mean?
Has God told you directly that he makes judgement or extends grace and if so, how did he do so?
Yes, read Matthew 25.
Please give examples of actions that come directly from God and how you know they can be absolutely attributed to God?
Moses burning bush, Jesus, The Holy Spirit. These can all be absolutely attributed to God. Read Mark 12:2-8 for more about the actions I am referring to.
Can you explain why one would need to believe in a God to get over bad situations and be happy later?
No, I don't think it is necessary to believe in God for that. Why did you get the idea that I suggested that?
Are you saying God was intending to teach us something by allowing bad things like the meltdown to happen? If so, what is he trying to teach us and how do you know this?
No, I am saying that stopping the meltdown would teach us something, and wondering whether the OP thinks it would encourage a better or worse attitude toward nuclear technology.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are many resources for understanding what He desires, the most official having been assembeled into the collection we know to be the bible. The statements found in the bible directly relate to the matters regarding God, and make it clear of that. This is mostly why I consider it reliable when understanding what God desires. There could be other sources for understanding what God desires and other reasons for considering them reliable, but right now I cannot think much about it. I think you got the answer you were expecting.

How do you know the bible is reliable? I would assume you agree it was written by men (many unknown authors, decades after Jesus died). Also, it was men who decided what went in the bible and what did not.

Who would have given me such opinions, and why would I consider them reliable? Can you describe what you mean?

Of the countless denominations of christianity, there are differences in opinion in regards to the meaning of the bible and God's actions. Have you ever considered some of the many alternate views?

Yes, read Matthew 25.

How do you know Matthew 25 is reliable?

Moses burning bush, Jesus, The Holy Spirit. These can all be absolutely attributed to God. Read Mark 12:2-8 for more about the actions I am referring to.

I believe Jesus was a real person, but how can you be certain he was God?How do you know for sure the other things stated in the bible happened? Do you have any evidence besides what men wrote in the bible?

No, I don't think it is necessary to believe in God for that. Why did you get the idea that I suggested that?

No, I am saying that stopping the meltdown would teach us something, and wondering whether the OP thinks it would encourage a better or worse attitude toward nuclear technology.

Do you think God allowed the meltdown to happen? Do you believe God could have stopped the meltdown if he so desired?

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you know the bible is reliable? I would assume you agree it was written by men (many unknown authors, decades after Jesus died). Also, it was men who decided what went in the bible and what did not.
Yes, I assume you don't agree those men were honest?
Of the countless denominations of christianity, there are differences in opinion in regards to the meaning of the bible and God's actions. Have you ever considered some of the many alternate views?
Which of the alternate views suggest that Christians will burn in hell for having trusted Jesus?
How do you know Matthew 25 is reliable?
It is a quote of Jesus, which is not contested by other evidence.
I believe Jesus was a real person, but how can you be certain he was God?How do you know for sure the other things stated in the bible happened? Do you have any evidence besides what men wrote in the bible?
No, their witness is good evidence in my opinion, and the fact there is no evidence against it makes me wonder what is behind your beliefs.
Do you think God allowed the meltdown to happen? Do you believe God could have stopped the meltdown if he so desired?
Sure I do. Do you believe that if God was real and able to have stopped it, He is responsible for having caused it or had a duty to stop it from happening?

Upvote 0

Moses Medina

Layman
Sep 10, 2012
North Carolina
Visit site
✟45,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Greetings. First, I apologize for any errors in spelling I dont recognize. I'm typing on my phone and it doesn't have autocorrect.

I myself struggled with the question, does God exist, and if he does, which one is the right one. I believe that the Bible is the revealed word of God, it also boldly claims it. History has proven again and again that the old testament history is reliable. I'm specifically talking about people that existed that athiests argued did not, but upon excavating and finding new stuff they found that they did. In addition to this, history shows that a man named Jesus did exist, he had followers, he died, and they all abandoned their faith.

Then, history also shows that these people and thousands more saw him and believed him to be ressurrected. These people who abandoned the faith came back with stronger conviction. Many died for the faith and brutally so. Then we from history know that a manned named paul, heavily persecuted the Christians, and suddenly he changed his ways after claiming he saw Christ himself.

Using the rules of history, the same applied to other ancient texts, we know the bible is accurate to its original manuscripts.

Does this prove God exists? Absolutely not. Quite frankly, hope in the forgiveness of sins, hope in life after this broken world, and hope in mankind being reconciled with a God that hates our evil, all done through the final sacrifice, God made flesh, the blood of the lamb being spilt because he was punished in our place, this hope is what we rely on. In other words, faith that the promises made in the bible are true.

Why do I choose to follow what the bible says, well... I don't. Christian belief is that the Holy spirit called me and gives me faith. I have hope that thisbis true, and if its not true, what a pitiful man I am. Thanks be to God that Christ did die and ressurrect.

Faith is your answer, and if yiu want to hear if there is a fact or anything.. well there's not. The bible is our guide that promises us stuff... yiu can reject it.

I would recommend to talk to a pastor, someone who is much more involved in the subject matter than I am. If you pm me your zipcode I can pm various churches back. If not, that's fine too... if you decide to rwad the bible, I recommend start with John and then Romans... best wishes and happy hunting.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I assume you don't agree those men were honest?

My concern would not be dishonesty in that regard. It would be more a concern of a psychological need to believe in a higher power to understand the world we live in, especially during that time, when man didn't have a clue how the world worked. It has been shown, we are all wired to gravitate towards belief in something beyond us and this likely was part of a survival mechanism that developed through evolution, when there was more fear in the world because of so many unknowns.

Which of the alternate views suggest that Christians will burn in hell for having trusted Jesus?

I was talking in general about alternate views of the meaning of God's actions.

It is a quote of Jesus, which is not contested by other evidence.

No, their witness is good evidence in my opinion, and the fact there is no evidence against it makes me wonder what is behind your beliefs.

Who's witness exactly are you referring to?

Sure I do. Do you believe that if God was real and able to have stopped it, He is responsible for having caused it or had a duty to stop it from happening?

That would all depend on which christian explanation you give to actions that are applied to God and there are many. If the christian God is real, he certainly could have stopped it, but whether he would have, could be explained away by many christian's belief of it was a punishment.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My concern would not be dishonesty in that regard. It would be more a concern of a psychological need to believe in a higher power to understand the world we live in, especially during that time, when man didn't have a clue how the world worked. It has been shown, we are all wired to gravitate towards belief in something beyond us and this likely was part of a survival mechanism that developed through evolution, when there was more fear in the world because of so many unknowns.
Ok, no problem.
I was talking in general about alternate views of the meaning of God's actions.
Can you be specific? I don't actually know of any reason to be concerned that God's promise of salvation should be doubted as the OP has suggested. You seem to be making the arguement that it should, I want to know why.
Who's witness exactly are you referring to?
Well anyone who made a claim of an experience in the bible is surely giving their testimony as a witness to their experience. Should I list every occurrence of it?
That would all depend on which christian explanation you give to actions that are applied to God and there are many. If the christian God is real, he certainly could have stopped it, but whether he would have, could be explained away by many christian's belief of it was a punishment.
What has that got to do with me or the OP or the point I am making to the OP?

Upvote 0
A

Akureyri

How can you know what God's desires are?
He has made it clear what He desires.
When, where and how did God make it clear what his desires are? In what way was this documented for everyone to see?

Just as you can't know if you are right, you can't know that those with conflicting views from yours are not right. Do you know for sure that those who believe in the God of the Bible don't burn in a fiery pit of hell for eternity? If Yes, then how do you know this?
No I don't, but then I haven't had to consider it before. What gives you the idea that God has that intention?
Why have you never had to consider that you may be wrong? There is nothing that gives me the idea that any kind of god has any intentions.

This isn't an issue of me accepting someone's judgement or grace. This is about a conclusion I've drawn about the priorities of your god - if he is real. I can't accept judgement or grace from something that doesn't appear to exist. Can you accept the judgement or grace of the Invisible Pink Unicorn?
Not yet, because the pink unicorn hasn't actually told me that he makes judgement or extends grace.
Likewise, I can't accept judgement or grace of any gods, as not a single god has actually told me it makes judgement or extends grace.

So, no, it's not a false accusation. The lack of action of your god, coupled with the claims Christians have made means either no god exists or if a god exists, he either can't do anything or doesn't care if I believe he exists.
I don't see how you can make that conclusion. He has performed a lot of actions, far more than any human could do, and far more IMO than should be necessary. 1. Why don't you see that? 2. Because you choose to not see it, you cannot suppose that He doesn't want you to see it. Do you still think your conclusion is correct?
I come to that conclusion because I have not observed any actions of your god. What actions has your god performed? Who has observed these actions? In what way were these actions documented?

If God is not willing, then he doesn't love the victims of rape enough to stop the rapists from raping the rape victims. Why do you worship a god that sits there and does nothing while innocent children get brutally raped?
I don't know if love will cause someone to do anything to protect what he loves, maybe it will, but I don't really claim to understand every decision that God makes.
You don't need to understand decisions that God makes to understand that God can't love everyone and be capable of doing anything in the presence of mass suffering or mass calamity.

He can make good of a bad situtation, and people who suffer bad situations can be happy afterward. Maybe you can consider why God didn't stop Cain killing Abel, obviously God loved Abel. There might be something in that story to learn. I worship God because of the good He has done.
So you ignore the bad? How about the mass murderer who has given some of his time & money to charities. Would you worship that mass murderer for his altruistic deeds?0

I feel it is important to know that we have the same idea of what worship means. Can you explain what you are thinking when you say that I worship God?
wor·ship [wur-ship] Show IPA noun, verb, wor·shiped, wor·ship·ing or ( especially British ) wor·shipped, wor·ship·ping.
noun
reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.
formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and homage: They attended worship this morning.
adoring reverence or regard: excessive worship of business success.
the object of adoring reverence or regard.
( initial capital letter ) British . a title of honor used in addressing or mentioning certain magistrates and others of high rank or station (usually preceded by Your, His, or Her ).

If God can do anything, then he could stop the typhoon without diminishing his ability to do other things.
Sure, and He can stop the nuclear meltdown at Fukushima. What would that teach us?
What it teaches us isn't relevant. What's relevant is that it is logically impossible for an all-loving & all-powerful being to exist in the presence of mass suffering or mass calamity. For more on this, go to The Problem of Evil - YouTube

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When, where and how did God make it clear what his desires are? In what way was this documented for everyone to see?
You can look to any statement Jesus made, which will indicate God's desires. You may like to read Matthew 25:34-45, this is Jesus' description of His criteria for the final judgement. That's probably the most absolute indication of God's desire, though it is far from a complete description of every aspect of God's desire.
Why have you never had to consider that you may be wrong? There is nothing that gives me the idea that any kind of god has any intentions.
Well, the information about God (here, I use the name "God" to represent the father of Jesus, the single creator, not any other entity that claims to be a god), indicates that He plans to evaluate the people, and those He deems useful or worth keeping, He will take to a more perfect world. I have not seen any information that indicates this same God has different intentions. If you have that information, I would like to know of it so that I can consider it. Otherwise I just have to conclude that you are proposing that I consider your doubts, which I don't just trust to be a reliable indication of God's intentions.
Likewise, I can't accept judgement or grace of any gods, as not a single god has actually told me it makes judgement or extends grace.
He has, you don't acknowledge it.
I come to that conclusion because I have not observed any actions of your god. What actions has your god performed? Who has observed these actions? In what way were these actions documented?
Don't act dumb with me, it makes you look silly.
You don't need to understand decisions that God makes to understand that God can't love everyone and be capable of doing anything in the presence of mass suffering or mass calamity.
"Can't" is your assumption, not mine. I assume "can" but "doesn't".
So you ignore the bad? How about the mass murderer who has given some of his time & money to charities. Would you worship that mass murderer for his altruistic deeds?0
No I don't ignore the bad, I look to the reason for the bad to see whether the purpose is evil or good. Can you give me an example of a bad thing God has done that was done for an evil reason?
wor·ship [wur-ship] Show IPA noun, verb, wor·shiped, wor·ship·ing or ( especially British ) wor·shipped, wor·ship·ping.
noun
reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.
formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and homage: They attended worship this morning.
adoring reverence or regard: excessive worship of business success.
the object of adoring reverence or regard.
( initial capital letter ) British . a title of honor used in addressing or mentioning certain magistrates and others of high rank or station (usually preceded by Your, His, or Her ).
Good. So you accept that I give reverent honor to a sacred personage. Can you be honestly certain that there is not more in your mind than that?
What it teaches us isn't relevant.
It's 100% relevant. If every time we do something wrong, He steps in and prevents the bad consequence, will we learn to do better or will we learn that doing wrong is ok, because there is nothing bad that can come from it?
What's relevant is that it is logically impossible for an all-loving & all-powerful being to exist in the presence of mass suffering or mass calamity. For more on this, go to The Problem of Evil - YouTube
Your logic says it is impossible, because that is the train of thought you have committed to while making sense of the information you receive. For instance, I have said above that God has done more than should be necessary to get a message to us, yet your logic says "what has he done? I don't accept the information you provide as evidence of his action". Your logic is preventing that information from supporting the fact, so your logic is actually faulty. The reason for that, is something you really should investigate. Impartiality is the word.

Now, regarding this video, see 5:40

"God must have known that evil choices will be made, therefore God can be held in part responsible for the evil choices of the world. For example, if I create a robot that has the potential to destroy my lab, when that robot does destroy the lab, do we blame only the robot, or do I share in the blame?".

Here, the man is suggesting that he was not interested in making a robot that he could trust to not destroy the lab, he is presenting a one-sided argument to support his agenda. In fairness, if you created a robot that destroyed your lab, what would you do? Would you attempt to correct the robot, and if finding that your attempts are not successful, you eventually decommission the robot? What if the robot turned out to be useful, making coffee and sweeping the floor? Would you decommission the robot or keep it and possibly make more like it? Now, consider that these robots were capable of observing each other's behaviour and evaluating your response to their behaviour. Would a robot that is conscious of it's existence want to be decommissioned, or would it want to sweep the floor and make coffee, that it can continue to enjoy the sun that streams through the window? I don't know why people are more blind than a self-conscious robot might be, again I think it comes down to the programming of the logic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can look to any statement Jesus made, which will indicate God's desires. You may like to read Matthew 25:34-45, this is Jesus' description of His criteria for the final judgement. That's probably the most absolute indication of God's desire, though it is far from a complete description of every aspect of God's desire.

Well, the information about God (here, I use the name "God" to represent the father of Jesus, the single creator, not any other entity that claims to be a god), indicates that He plans to evaluate the people, and those He deems useful or worth keeping, He will take to a more perfect world. I have not seen any information that indicates this same God has different intentions. If you have that information, I would like to know of it so that I can consider it. Otherwise I just have to conclude that you are proposing that I consider your doubts, which I don't just trust to be a reliable indication of God's intentions.

He has, you don't acknowledge it.

Don't act dumb with me, it makes you look silly.

"Can't" is your assumption, not mine. I assume "can" but "doesn't".

No I don't ignore the bad, I look to the reason for the bad to see whether the purpose is evil or good. Can you give me an example of a bad thing God has done that was done for an evil reason?

Good. So you accept that I give reverent honor to a sacred personage. Can you be honestly certain that there is not more in your mind than that?

It's 100% relevant. If every time we do something wrong, He steps in and prevents the bad consequence, will we learn to do better or will we learn that doing wrong is ok, because there is nothing bad that can come from it?

Your logic says it is impossible, because that is the train of thought you have committed to while making sense of the information you receive. For instance, I have said above that God has done more than should be necessary to get a message to us, yet your logic says "what has he done? I don't accept the information you provide as evidence of his action". Your logic is preventing that information from supporting the fact, so your logic is actually faulty. The reason for that, is something you really should investigate. Impartiality is the word.

Now, regarding this video, see 5:40

"God must have known that evil choices will be made, therefore God can be held in part responsible for the evil choices of the world. For example, if I create a robot that has the potential to destroy my lab, when that robot does destroy the lab, do we blame only the robot, or do I share in the blame?".

Here, the man is suggesting that he was not interested in making a robot that he could trust to not destroy the lab, he is presenting a one-sided argument to support his agenda. In fairness, if you created a robot that destroyed your lab, what would you do? Would you attempt to correct the robot, and if finding that your attempts are not successful, you eventually decommission the robot? What if the robot turned out to be useful, making coffee and sweeping the floor? Would you decommission the robot or keep it and possibly make more like it? Now, consider that these robots were capable of observing each other's behaviour and evaluating your response to their behaviour. Would a robot that is conscious of it's existence want to be decommissioned, or would it want to sweep the floor and make coffee, that it can continue to enjoy the sun that streams through the window? I don't know why people are more blind than a self-conscious robot might be, again I think it comes down to the programming of the logic.

What do you say to people who believe in a different God than you (not the God of the bible) when they claim their God has given reliable indications of his intentions?

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you say to people who believe in a different God than you (not the God of the bible) when they claim their God has given reliable indications of his intentions?
I can't remember being in that situation. It would depend on the point they were making by saying such a thing and the actual meaning and background of the evidence they are presenting, of their God's intentions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can't remember being in that situation. It would depend on the point they were making by saying such a thing and the actual meaning and background of the evidence they are presenting, of their God's intentions.

Even if you haven't been in that situation, it is real, because others believe in a different God than you and have strong feelings about their own knowledge of the intentions and meaning of their God.

Do you think these people are simply misled, delusional, what do you think?

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even if you haven't been in that situation, it is real, because others believe in a different God than you and have strong feelings about their own knowledge of the intentions and meaning of their God.

Do you think these people are simply misled, delusional, what do you think?

Well, like I said, it would depend on the message they were trying to give me and the message and background of the evidence they were using to support that message. Until I am in such a specific situation it's only going to be a guess about what I might think of a hypothetical scenario. It's neither reliable nor fair to make such a guess.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You may like to look at the conversation I have been having with dlamberth on the thread "I like your Christ, I just don't like your Christians" in the Christianity & World Religion forum. He is suggesting that he is trusting God, a different entity from who I trust. Maybe that will give you some insight to the way I think about it.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Destruction and misery are in their paths."
(Romans-3:16)

That is all I can say other than maybe Proverbs-24:12,if applicable.
Just letting my yea be yea and nay be nay...
This post lacks clarity and context, can you elaborate your meaning?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doomsayer2

But in a good way...
Sep 7, 2013
Atlanta,Ga.
✟16,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For some reason i just felt "led" to post that verse,for lack of a better explanation. But I think that Paul was saying that those without Christ can really be lumped into one category,regardless of the varying degrees of "sin" in their lives. Even those who follow other religions if they don't repent. Christ did not hang on a cross just to be honored as a good prophet with liberal teachings.(minus the temple cleansing incident.) And ultimately a soul without Him will be destroyed. And I do believe in "annihilationism" and not eternal torment.
Hope that clarifies.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For some reason i just felt "led" to post that verse,for lack of a better explanation. But I think that Paul was saying that those without Christ can really be lumped into one category,regardless of the varying degrees of "sin" in their lives. Even those who follow other religions if they don't repent. Christ did not hang on a cross just to be honored as a good prophet with liberal teachings.(minus the temple cleansing incident.) And ultimately a soul without Him will be destroyed. And I do believe in "annihilationism" and not eternal torment.
Hope that clarifies.
Yes, thank you I understand better what you meant. I would just like to clarify whether you did mean to say that following another religion will cause someone to be declassified a Christian? If this is so, would you mind showing me the verses that suggest that? I rather think that there are things in most religions that can be safely followed for some kind of benefit, but it is more the rejection of Christ that would classify someone non-Christian. If you don't agree, could you explain your belief a bit more? Also, are you saying that Jesus was liberal by your definition except for the temple incident? Why not just say that He was right? Wasn't He just right, regardless of the labels other's want to place on Him? Or are you saying that He was wrong to drive out the money dealers in the temple?

Upvote 0

doomsayer2

But in a good way...
Sep 7, 2013
Atlanta,Ga.
✟16,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Now i am not even sure what you are trying to imply? But yes I am saying that Christ is basically considered a "liberal" teacher by many,except for that violent act of driving those out of the temple with a bullwhip. And whether or not i wish He had not done it that way,the fact stands He did and so therefore it was the right thing to do for that particular place and time. Because most "liberals" believe in peace and turn the other cheek. Actually i work for a major Christian retailer that sells MANY secular type items,including those with that peace symbol,or upside down cross which it really is. Most don't know it but that symbol is actually the unofficial sign of witchcraft. THAT is what i mean by liberal christianity.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now i am not even sure what you are trying to imply? But yes I am saying that Christ is basically considered a "liberal" teacher by many,except for that violent act of driving those out of the temple with a bullwhip. And whether or not i wish He had not done it that way,the fact stands He did and so therefore it was the right thing to do for that particular place and time. Because most "liberals" believe in peace and turn the other cheek. Actually i work for a major Christian retailer that sells MANY secular type items,including those with that peace symbol,or upside down cross which it really is. Most don't know it but that symbol is actually the unofficial sign of witchcraft. THAT is what i mean by liberal christianity.
Got it, thanks :thumbsup: Wasn't implying anything more than I said (that if words fail to describe Him, it is the expectation of the observer that is failing, not His failure to live up to the expectation of the observer). What about your idea of following another religion, is there a known extent of following another religion that suddenly makes a person un-Christian?

Upvote 0

doomsayer2

But in a good way...
Sep 7, 2013
Atlanta,Ga.
✟16,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I feel that it would probably take a BIG step outside the bounds of a biblically centered mindset and lifestyle in order for one to be outside of God's will,or become UNchristian. But then any such step would be a big one. But i see it as more of a personal matter and how one sees themselves in whatever beliefs they choose to accept.
Yes it is possible for one to be severely led astray and still view themself as a "christian",as far as core beliefs go. But that is for God to judge on an individual basis.
All i know is that nothing outside of scriptural teachings has ever proved very beneficial or profitable for me,as far as any extra-biblical teachings go. But who am i to tell someone something isn't helping them when they adamantly FEEL that it is? So if you're wanting a simple yea or nay type answer,i just don't feel it's that black and white all the time.
Besides,nothing i do or say will convince anyone anyway.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.