Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi all. Seeking your thoughts and input.
A friend asked me about tithing the other day so I made a video about it.

Thoughts? Do you Tithe? Why? Why not?
Should Christians Pay Tithes? | What Is Tithe According To The Bible?
We should be supporting our churches and their ministries. Everything we have is by the Grace of God.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There are unlimited blessings from Tithing. Even financial benefits.
I've seen a financial analysis of this. People spend about 30% of
their income "discretionary" or by choice. People who put God first
spend less money on restaurant food and beer, wine, etc. You when
Tithing you can end up with up to 20% more savings, after tithing.
Never worked the way for me. When I quit tithing I had lots more money. Now I can write a check in 4 figures without blinking. Before I had trouble paying the rent and buying food. As practiced by most churches it really amounts to buying God. I object. Besides that the pastor won't accept one out of ten puppies as tithe. He wants me to sell it and give him the money. So the concept these days isn't Scriptural.

bugkiller

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Never worked the way for me. When I quit tithing I had lots more money. Now I can write a check in 4 figures without blinking. Before I had trouble paying the rent and buying food. As practiced by most churches it really amounts to buying God. I object. Besides that the pastor won't accept one out of ten puppies as tithe. He wants me to sell it and give him the money. So the concept these days isn't Scriptural.

bugkiller

In the Spirit you practiced your tithing, likely it would not work out well financially for you.
The devil is hidden in the details.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In the Spirit you practiced your tithing, likely it would not work out well financially for you.
The devil is hidden in the details.
No idea where you got that idea. I never paid tithe because it was what Christians are required to do. I did however test what was being taught and practiced. I paid attention to what was going on in my church. Generally I'm tight lipped. The NT model for giving is free will. It's tried to be mandatory. Some churches even pry into your finances and bill you. Now this could have changed since I dropped out due mainly to abuse of the people and the Scripture. Jesus is still by Savior.

bugkiller

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First, there is nowhere in Scripture where you see believers having to guilt trip other believers to give them money because they were the ones who decided to put themselves into debt to build a big building to meet inside (and to pay a staff, and to cover the cost of the Pastors educations) so as to put on fancy shows instead of believers who are merely taught by the Spirit and who simply meet in each others homes for fellowship.

Second, Hebrews 7:12 says the Law has changed. Paul says we are not under the Law, this would be the Law given to the Israelites, which would include the 10% tithe. The Law on giving in the New Testament is 2 Corinthians 9:7 that says,

"Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver." (2 Corinthians 9:7).

But notice how this verse does not say to WHO we are to give to. Does it say we are to give to a church organization? What if we do not agree with everything they are doing? What if the Pastor is driving a BMW and he just passed up the cry of a poor guy? Should we give to this church anyways because they have missions? I would say... "no." Give to those who truly have pure intentions and give it to those who are in desperate need. I would say give when nobody is looking so as to do works in secret before your Father. That way God will reward you openly. But build an attitude to give without expecting anything in return in this life. Give with the thinking that we are building up treasures in Heaven. Give of your money, time, attention, talents, heart, etc. Give it all to GOD and in loving others (Including your enemies). Give of your whole life. For we are to offer our bodies as a willing sacrifice unto GOD, which is our reasonable service.

Upvote 0