Christians in conflict with one another on this site.

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
blessings and praying for you, Greg, dear brother in Christ
Thank you. I never discourage people from praying for me. I thank God for those who pray and have prayed for me. I was saved through (not by) prayer. It was Jesus answer to prayer that saved me because of His work on the cross. People prayed for me, and then I prayed to Jesus, and then Jesus did all the saving. I have been blessed by God in answers of people's prayers for me ever since. Thank you for your prayers.

Upvote 0

Brian Mc

Jun 12, 2017
South East Queensland
✟10,846.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
' ... and begin with me.'???

(Otherwise it reads as if everyone else is the problem. We are ALL the problem.)
Christ Jesus sacrificed Himself on the cross so that all mankind could be free (of sin, sickness, troubles, eternity with Satan, etc) IF they believe in Him & what He accomplished. It is Father's will that all will be saved, but He already knew that many will not believe & follow His teachings.

Many, many millions of people on earth are/ have been guided & directed by men ... men’s rules, decrees, etc that have no Bible base.

Jesus is the ONLY mediator for believers, Therefore there is no one else that can mediate with God for us.

"Therefore He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them"

Heb 7:25 Therefore He is able also to save to the uttermost (completely, perfectly, finally, and for all time and eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He is always living to make petition to God {and} intercede with Him {and} intervene for them..(as does the Holy Spirit – see Rom 827 & 34 & “in the spirit” believers - Eph 6:18 Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose {and} perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God's consecrated people). .... stop & reflect for a moment, whilst the "in the Spirit" believers are interceding for all the saints ... all the saints are receiving intercession being made by others.

The Bible nowhere mentions anyone asking for someone in heaven to pray for him. The Bible nowhere describes anyone in heaven praying for anyone on earth.

Only God can hear our prayers. Only God can answer our prayers. No one in heaven has any greater access to God's throne than we do through prayer - Hebrews 4:16 Let us then fearlessly {and} confidently {and} boldly draw near to the throne of grace (the throne of God's unmerited favour to us sinners), that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find grace to help in good time for every need [appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when we need it].).

Two examples of the mass deception currently in the world today are,

1 Easter .. which is a pagan term. Throughout the world it is recognised that Christ Jesus was placed in the tomb on Friday evening & arose on Sunday morning ...... which is only a maximum of 36 hours ( 6+24+6) ... whereas Jesus stated ... Matt 12:40 For even as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. .... this indicates that He was placed in the tomb by Wednesday evening after being crucified, & arose at mid-night Saturday .... so the tomb could be seen open early Sunday morning (6+24+24+18 =72 hours ... three days and three nights) Relying on “Jewish thinking” of part of a day/night is a full day/night is deception ... it was the Jewish elders that had Christ Jesus crucified.

2. Birth date of Jesus. Nowhere in the Bible does it give an accurate mention of the day ... or even the year of Jesus’ birth. I believe it is so that “a big deal” is not made of His birth date .... His death & resurrection the "key time" ...it is when He overcame sin & death.

Based on Bible information it indicates a likely date would be late September.

But, Constantine set December 25 as Jesus’ birth date (chosen to fit between to pagan festival times). Today, throughout the world, for many, many millions it is a time of lying to children about Santa (Satan) bringing presents “if you have been good” & thinking this is Jesus birth date.

December 25 could not have been anywhere near Jesus’ birth date .... in Bethlehem it snows in late December & Scripture tells us “the shepherds watched their flocks by night.”

Luke 2:7 And she gave birth to her Son, her Firstborn; and she wrapped Him in swaddling clothes and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room {or} place for them in the inn. Luke 2:8 And in that vicinity there were shepherds living [out under the open sky] in the field, watching [in shifts] over their flock by night.
.... which couldn't happen in the snow ... all the flocks were taken indoors.

This year it is predicted that on 23 September, a once in 7000 year even will happen ... star constellations will be visible over Israel (& surrounds) depicting a virgin giving birth ... key in 23 September 2017 into your web browser for full details. It is going to be an interesting 3 & a bit months .... plus even more interesting after that event.

It is clearly stated ...
2 Thess 2:3 Let no one deceive {or} beguile you in any way, for that day (the day of the Lord) will not come except the apostasy comes first [unless the predicted great falling away of those who have professed to be Christians has come], and the man of lawlessness (sin) is revealed, who is the son of doom (of perdition),

..... & the apostasy has certainly been happening for quite a few years.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Brian Mc

Jun 12, 2017
South East Queensland
✟10,846.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Fortunately ....
John 6:44 No one is able to come to Me unless the Father Who sent Me attracts {and} draws him {and} gives him the desire to come to Me, and [then] I will raise him up [from the dead] at the last day.

At the age of about 15, after seeing total "un-Christian" ignoring my mother when she was very ill (after a hernia operation) ... I said to my mother, "If that is Christianity, I don't want it!"

BUT, God is patient ... 31 years later (after about 2 years of more evident drawing), I made my commitment to Lord Jesus .... & looking back over those years, He was always there "planting" little things to keep me aware.

But I believe, Father knew from the time He created all the spirits that would be placed in people, who would be "saved" & who wouldn't .... this is from what He says in Rom 8:30 And those whom He thus foreordained, He also called; and those whom He called, He also justified (acquitted, made righteous, putting them into right standing with Himself). And those whom He justified, He also
glorified [raising them to a heavenly dignity and condition or state of being].

Note the underlined & bold words.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Praying for the healing of our relationships with one another and above all, for our relationship with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Thank You Lord!

Amen, praying in agreement.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hear you and agree with you. Let's do it with balance, with love, not leaning too much to being spiritual big brother, and not leaning too much too spiritual Florence Nightingale. Let's do both in a balanced way, neglecting neither.

Well said Greg!

I agree with you.

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Father, I would ask others to pray for the various Christians on this site that seem to be in combat with one another. This is an old strategy of the adversary, to get us to fight against one another, against flesh and blood, instead of against principalities, powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world, and against spiritual wickedness in high places (Ephesians 6:12). Sometimes I get tired of looking at subjects of debate and conflict, and would rather just come here to pray for people, not debate them, not try to correct them, or teach them. Per one's suggestion... and let it begin with me.

In the name of Jesus, we pray,

Amen

• Prayers
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2017-6-29_1-26-55.jpeg

Thread has been cleaned of flaming post
This is the Prayer WALL
For prayers
not flaming
Please keep to prayers in this forum.
Carry on.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you. I never discourage people from praying for me. I thank God for those who pray and have prayed for me. I was saved through (not by) prayer. It was Jesus answer to prayer that saved me because of His work on the cross. People prayed for me, and then I prayed to Jesus, and then Jesus did all the saving. I have been blessed by God in answers of people's prayers for me ever since. Thank you for your prayers.

I agree. We ALL need prayers, you and me, and ALL of us, amen? Encouragement is a GOOD thing, and certainly lifting up our brothers and sisters in Christ to our heavenly Father is a WELCOME and GOOD thing. I'm praying for all of us, and you too, that we don't do what it is you are accusing others of doing in your first post, as that would be the antithesis of anything that is of God, would it not, amen?

Praying for you.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Praying.

The enemy is subtle and is always accompanied by derision, conflict, etc. but most of all ego and an oblivion to our own sins as we see a "speck" in someone's eye and are oblivious to the "plank" in our own. What is most noteworthy is that there is self-righteousness, which is based on pride, and an utter lack of grace and genuine Godly humility. May God intervene and weed it out. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen.

God help us.

Praying.

Let it rain.

This comes to mind:

They Will Know We Are Christians by our Love.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums