Christians in conflict with one another on this site.

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Sad thing about this is that they are unbelievers reading and are watching us, and it could be the very thing that causes them to turn away.

A house divided against itself CANNOT STAND
In agreement with you Greg, God bless :prayer:

6230c36b950e293c91bb5c3cb06cf301.jpg

6963720cf2e147255e943910d7f83ec6.jpg

e4eaafb2f09c8d246dc42ae06d117b82.jpg

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Sad thing about this is that they are unbelievers reading and are watching us, and it could be the very thing that causes them to turn away.

That is something I think about often. How many times have we acted up, been involved in strife filled discussion with other "believers" when those who don't know the Lord were watching and wondering, "What do these people have that I don't already have?" And when we act like that, the answer is, "Nothing!"

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." (Colossians 3:17)

"In the name of" in Hebrew means, "in the character of" or "in the authority of" or "in the reputation of." If we are engaged in something that does not reflect His character to those around us, we are not in His name, we are profaning it!

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is something I think about often. How many times have we acted up, been involved in strife filled discussion with other "believers" when those who don't know the Lord were watching and wondering, "What do these people have that I don't already have?" And when we act like that, the answer is, "Nothing!"

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." (Colossians 3:17)

"In the name of" in Hebrew means, "in the character of" or "in the authority of" or "in the reputation of." If we are engaged in something that does not reflect His character to those around us, we are not in His name, we are profaning it!
I think about that with everyone I interact with IF I can't show them that I am different and set apart from this judgmental world, I am in vain, love never fails and it is HIS love that should be shining thru us. So what if we disagree, speak your PEACE and then walk away and allow the Holy Spirit to do HIS job of convicting and changing hearts. Yet so many have decided that they are gonna replace the HS with their own voice. I believe Gods word if spoken in love is alive and powerful enough to do the job without my simple minded help, HE is a big enough God to cause His word to bear fruit.

Jesus did not waste his time arguing, He spoke what His Father requested and then let it be. If it was us hanging on a cross, WOULD WE BE SHOUTING OUR ARGUMENTS? Or asking the Father to forgive them, just sayin :prayer:

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I get tired of looking at subjects of debate and conflict, and would rather just come here to pray for people, not debate them, not try to correct them, or teach them.

I find myself in agreement with this more and more, although I guess it's human nature to respond to an occasional bait. I would add that I also like to greet new members and say a kind word as well. Praying for all.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Greg Merrill said:
Father, I would ask others to pray for the various Christians on this site that seem to be in combat with one another. This is an old strategy of the adversary, to get us to fight against one another, against flesh and blood, instead of against principalities, powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world, and against spiritual wickedness in high places (Ephesians 6:12). Sometimes I get tired of looking at subjects of debate and conflict, and would rather just come here to pray for people, not debate them, not try to correct them, or teach them.
' ... and begin with me.'???

(Otherwise it reads as if everyone else is the problem. We are ALL the problem.)

Amen. I agree. We are ALL in need of prayer. I know I am. And each one of us, including the OP surely agrees with that. It begins with the OP, and me and every single one of us.

Praying.

God help us.

Let it rain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jesus did not waste his time arguing, He spoke what His Father requested and then let it be.
Amein. As Jesus lived, He taught and trained His disciples to live likewise.
Note though, that in the assembly, (the gathering of called out ones, born again ones, disciples),
the many posts contrary to Scripture,
the many threads contrary to God's Holiness and Purpose,
would not be permitted .
Out in the area(s) like Athens, with all the idolatry, Neither the Apostle Paul, nor the other Apostles of Jesus, nor all the disciples , could prevent the idolatry from being predominant,
and in fact the believers were "run out of town". (some willingly left, to go to other people who would listen to the Gospel, or at least to Proclaim the GOOD NEWS of JESUS to others so they could turn to YHWH if they were chosen among the elect/remnant) ; and some were driven out, and some were martyred) ....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Not "watching us" as in watching an assembly set apart from the society,
but "watching us" as in watching the forum/ like the rest of other places?,
a forum that is a mix of believers and unbelievers "dueling" with words/ ideas/ concepts/ doctrines...
Why is that sad ? There are many believers (okay, "potentially") who see the bickering and arguing and leave after a few hours , days or weeks. (i.e. not just unbelievers)

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you Greg,

Most of what I submit is supported by Scripture verses (the Word of God) included in the submission.

I believe the truth & The Truth sets people free ... when they believe!

However, if people keep reasoning with their flesh/human logic, that is the best way to have "the enemy" put doubts/arguments in their thoughts.

Amen. Exactly. The enemy is subtle and is always accompanied by derision, conflict, etc. but most of all ego and an oblivion to our own sins as we see a "speck" in someone's eye and are oblivious to the "plank" in our own. What is most noteworthy is that there is self-righteousness, which is based on pride, and an utter lack of grace and genuine Godly humility. May God intervene and weed it out. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen.

God help us.

Let it rain.

This comes to mind:

They Will Know We Are Christians by our Love.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Father, I would ask others to pray for the various Christians on this site that seem to be in combat with one another. This is an old strategy of the adversary, to get us to fight against one another, against flesh and blood, instead of against principalities, powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world, and against spiritual wickedness in high places (Ephesians 6:12). Sometimes I get tired of looking at subjects of debate and conflict, and would rather just come here to pray for people, not debate them, not try to correct them, or teach them.

Greg, we do need to pray for one another, but also we must stand for the truth that we have been given in the scriptures, which is able to instruct us in righteousness, and make us wise unto salvation.

• the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:13-17

We need to watch over our brothers and sisters, as well as those who are young in the Lord, to guard them from the false doctrine and false teachers who abound in these last days.

James says it this way:

19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19-20

• he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

Turning a brother or sister in Christ, back to the truth, will save their soul from death, and covers a multitude of sins.

"Covers a multitude of sins"
is the language of love, for love covers a multitude of sins.

Please consider these things as you pray.

Blessings to you.

JLB

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So what if we disagree, speak your PEACE and then walk away and allow the Holy Spirit to do HIS job of convicting and changing hearts. Yet so many have decided that they are gonna replace the HS with their own voice.

Well said, I just want to add 3 things for those reading, three things that really got me to consider what I say before I click "post reply" whether on here, Facebook, or anywhere else.

1. Consider the above bold and underlined sentence. Beautifully stated but one that also requires us to ask a question very few are secure enough to ask.... "What if >>I<< am wrong?" Sometimes we try to correct others when in reality WE are the ones in need of correction.

2. Proverbs 6:16-19 These verse speak of things God "HATES." And unlike the concept of hate in "Jacob I love and Esau I hate" which is more idiomatic and dealing with "loving less," this really is "to despise." And one of those things God hates, God despises... is when brethren cause strife or division with other brethren.

3. The verse I quoted before, Colossians 3:17 which states, in part, "whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus." That verse has "zero" to do with the saying or not saying his name and everything to do with how we act. When we reflect his character and authority and add to his reputation in our words and deeds, we are "in his name." When we do not, we profane his name... it is that simple. So every word and every deed.... if we belong to him... should reflect him or else we profane his name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe in the seven churches as ages...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

I think we do pretty good with the wide variety of congregations here on the CF. Father I pray blessings on this request and unity in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the bbnradio.org Family Altar program... BBN Program Schedule

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well said, I just want to add 3 things for those reading, three things that really got me to consider what I say before I click "post reply" whether on here, Facebook, or anywhere else.

1. Consider the above bold and underlined sentence. Beautifully stated but one that also requires us to ask a question very few are secure enough to ask.... "What if >>I<< am wrong?" Sometimes we try to correct others when in reality WE are the ones in need of correction.

2. Proverbs 6:16-19 These verse speak of things God "HATES." And unlike the concept of hate in "Jacob I love and Esau I hate" which is more idiomatic and dealing with "loving less," this really is "to despise." And one of those things God hates, God despises... is when brethren cause strife or division with other brethren.

3. The verse I quoted before, Colossians 3:17 which states, in part, "whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus." That verse has "zero" to do with the saying or not saying his name and everything to do with how we act. When we reflect his character and authority and add to his reputation in our words and deeds, we are "in his name." When we do not, we profane his name... it is that simple. So every word and every deed.... if we belong to him... should reflect him or else we profane his name.
Amen. Imagine if more of us would start thinking along these lines, rather than lines of conflict. There is a battle to be fought, but lets let love dominate in the battle.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen. Imagine if more of us would start thinking along these lines, rather than lines of conflict. There is a battle to be fought, but lets let love dominate in the battle.
And that battle is not against flesh and blood... yet we sure do go at each other. Imagine Greg if we really did love our "enemy" how much more we would love the brethren even if they didn't always agree with us?

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Greg, I have thought the very same thing for some time now, and sense that the enemy is particularly pleased with himself in much of it :(

Disagreements are bound to happen (all things considered), but if we would always choose to treat each other as brothers and sisters in Christ (and in the manner that the Bible tells us we should .. e.g. 1 Peter 3:15, Matthew 7:12, Matthew 5:16), most of our inappropriate, combative rants and debates would become loving, productive discussions instead, that would hopefully be honoring and pleasing to God :)

There are plenty of non-Christians here, as well around the world, who are witnesses to this Christian "combat" you speak of, and I'm sure our enemy is equally pleased with that!

Praying!

In Christ,
David

1 Peter 3:15
15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

Matthew 7
12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Matthew 5
16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
You are quite right. We need to be on our guard, and be careful how we are swinging our spiritual sword. Our zeal can be misdirected and we do more harm than good, hurting the brethren, being a bad testimony, rather than helping both saved and lost, and representing God well. Thanks for your good response.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Excellent post Greg. I feel the same way most days, only sometimes it can just happen. I got into a debate with another brother just yesterday, and it has been pretty tough trying to come to a meeting of the minds, though I sense something is there worth fighting for. And PRAYER for the Lord to work in the situation and bind what the Devil might do is a true blessing of the Lord.

Thanks for being such a good example to all of us. :oldthumbsup:
Thank YOU. A lot of us are zealous for the Lord, but we all can be used of God to nudge that zealousness in the right direction when we see the Adversary taken advantage of us. Christians are all little pieces of iron, and iron sharpens iron, Proverbs 27:17. Peter needed to be corrected by Paul, as well as by Jesus. None of us are perfect, and we all need correcting at time. I stand first in line to be corrected. I want to be right with God, but can't always see where I need correcting, and need the brethren to be my eyes in certain areas.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, I lift up my brothers and sisters in Christ, that our first thoughts for one another would be love, service, healing and wholeness in the name of Jesus our Lord. May we continually seek your good in our conversations and measure everything with your grace and mercy.
I also pray, Lord, that you would draw more people to the prayer wall to support and lift up one another. Amen
I trust that the Adversary will be upset with Christians who are turning to fight him, rather than their Christian brethren; that are turning to a calm, loving spirit, rather than the heated, emotional, power of the carnal nature. Lord, open our eyes when we get carried away with carnal zeal, instead of the leadership of Your Spirit to love people. Make us more like the Apostle John as the Apostle of Love, rather than when You called him a Son of Thunder. Amen.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I find myself in agreement with this more and more, although I guess it's human nature to respond to an occasional bait. I would add that I also like to greet new members and say a kind word as well. Praying for all.
Good for you. Remember, it only takes once to get hooked by that baited hook to land one in the frying pan. Ecclesiastes 10:1

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Greg, we do need to pray for one another, but also we must stand for the truth that we have been given in the scriptures, which is able to instruct us in righteousness, and make us wise unto salvation.

• the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:13-17

We need to watch over our brothers and sisters, as well as those who are young in the Lord, to guard them from the false doctrine and false teachers who abound in these last days.

James says it this way:

19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19-20

• he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

Turning a brother or sister in Christ, back to the truth, will save their soul from death, and covers a multitude of sins.

"Covers a multitude of sins"
is the language of love, for love covers a multitude of sins.

Please consider these things as you pray.

Blessings to you.

JLB
I hear you and agree with you. Let's do it with balance, with love, not leaning too much to being spiritual big brother, and not leaning too much too spiritual Florence Nightingale. Let's do both in a balanced way, neglecting neither.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And that battle is not against flesh and blood... yet we sure do go at each other. Imagine Greg if we really did love our "enemy" how much more we would love the brethren even if they didn't always agree with us?
You got it, brother. I think God thinks there is hope for us yet. We continue to grow, not just in knowledge of the Word, but in knowledge of the Lord, becoming more like Him. 2 Peter 3:18. God bless you.

Upvote 0