• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Christians annoy me.

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why do other Christians annoy me so much?

I mean here I see Christians saying things that really annoy me, like how they talk about homosexuals like they're a disease or put down people for accepting evolution even though it has nothing to do with their salvation.

The creationists on the Science board are really dishonest. They post their gret "anti-evolution" arguements, which are then refuted by science then they keep posting it even after they have been shown their arguement is false. I'm not trying to start a creationism/evolution debate, I don't really care how God created but you have to be honest when presenting your arguement.

Then I see Christians blame everything on Satan or demons. Had a bad day? It was the devil! Sleep walking or having mood swings (or any other mental problems)? You're possessed by a demon! Fallen into sin? Satan tempted me!

When are people going to start accepting responsibility for their actions and stop blaming it on the most convenient person (Satan and co).

Well I just needed to vent. So what does everyone else think?

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Vixen Evenstar said:
I think half the time christians are very silly.
That's true, but not all of them, there are some sensible ones out there.

I think annoying Christians are part of the reason I don't go to church anymore. I can't stand being around them.

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I know that if I was not a believer I would want absolutely nothing to do with Christianity based on how many "Christians" here and elsewhere behave.
I think there are bad apples in every bunch but Christ certainly deserves better representation than what he gets half the time.
Just my opinion...

Upvote 0

JillLars

It's a Boy! Jace David- Due 1/20/07
Jan 20, 2003
New Hope, MN
Visit site
✟3,944.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I understand how you feel. At times other people of our own faith can be somewhat frustrating. I left the faith for a few years because the only Christians I knew seemed hypocritical and mean spirited. When I came back to Christianity, it took some serious thought and prayer to understand that those people who turned me away from Christianity are no worse than I am, we are all sinners who are saved by God's grace. Its sometime hard to bypass the frustration, I struggle with it daily, but I just pray that the people who frustrate me are truly searching for God like I am, and that they aren't trying to be frustrating, but just trying to figure things out in their own way. I know my way of figuring things out frustrates some people, so I hope that they will understand my motives are pure as well. I hope your frustration subsides soon. :) :pray:

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
wblastyn said:
Well I just needed to vent. So what does everyone else think?

All people can be annoying at times. It's just that Christians sometimes do it in a very "Christian" sort of way.:) It's only when we expect more of people that they disappoint us. "Unfullfilled expectations". The best thing I have found is to expect all humans to be fallable humans, Christian or otherwise.

I am #1 on my list of fallable humans, btw, and I take full credit for all my failures. I shudder to think of all the people I have annoyed on this board! Although, sometimes, it's fun to annoy people.:D

(I hope I'm not annoying you, wblastyn.:) )

Hugs,

Auntie.

Upvote 0

Sleepyd

Jun 24, 2003
London
✟1,101.00
Faith
Protestant
Yep, especially new Christians seem to be anxious and be very binary about who is saved and who is not. They tend to stick in very tight groups and stuff, insecurites about new found life and tend to crash into the big barrier of over emphasising things to 'feel' right about things to assure themselves. I reckon a few Christians need to be very down to Earth and honest and true to themselves rather than speculating and pretending they know it all by hiding behind commonly spoken sentances.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
it happens... but from what i've learnt, we can't stay away from other christians altogether. Learning to love, to accept and to wait on God's answer is difficult, and this is one thing that He wants us to learn (i think). And improvement will come, as seen in many cases, we shouldn't lose hope in our brothers and sisters because God hasn't given up on them!

Upvote 0
You should be carefull to keep "annoyance" and rightous anger separate. Annoyance is not the trait of a humble spirit. Humility will allways be your greatest asset with your walk with Chirst. Guard it carefully.

I think it is important to put homosexuality in the context of a sin that God hates. It is often too easy for people to single out this sin as "worse" than the rest. We are all God's children in need of a relationship with Him. There are stumbling blocks that get in everyone's way. (Much like this post has been somewhat of a stumbling block for me)

"
Then I see Christians blame everything on Satan or demons. Had a bad day? It was the devil! "

I totally agree with them. Your day is a direct reflection with your walk with Christ (or lack of it). Of course, you can (will) still have trials, but your perspective on misfortune is also a reflection on your ability to cast your cares on Christ. Is the devil the source of every bad thing that happens in your day? Yes. However, if you still have a bad day, it is your own "lack" of trust in God's strength to see you through it.

"Sleep walking or having mood swings (or any other mental problems)"

This is the worst board to make such statements. People here are struggling and confused. They don't need the discouragement of being "naturally" mentally ill...

" Fallen into sin? Satan tempted me!"

I couldn't agree with you more. The act of temptation is not to blame for our willing acceptance to sin. We are to blame.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
wblastyn said:
Why do other Christians annoy me so much?

So what does everyone else think?

If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also. 1 John 4:20-21

I think the best place to start is to recognize that the problem is with you, for not accepting the human-ness of others and recognizing that the very things you complain about are the reason we need a savior at all. We all do things that annoy someone. We are ALL someone's annoying person.

If I were you, I'd ask God's forgiveness for judging and condemning like you just did, and ask Him to open your heart to these people you see as so inferior. Christ said that whatever we do to the most inferior and lowly of the Believers, we do to Him. So I know you will want to ask forgiveness for judging and condemning His people.

Then, take a good look into the dark box of your own soul. Is there anything in there that others would find as obnoxious as the things you condemn? Those are things to repent of, too.

Finally, next time you feel like condemning your brethren, remember that Christ has already forgiven them and they are as blameless as you. We are all washed by His blood.

Upvote 0

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I totally agree with them. Your day is a direct reflection with your walk with Christ (or lack of it). Of course, you can (will) still have trials, but your perspective on misfortune is also a reflection on your ability to cast your cares on Christ. Is the devil the source of every bad thing that happens in your day? Yes. However, if you still have a bad day, it is your own "lack" of trust in God's strength to see you through it.
So if you get hit by a bus it's because you weren't follow Christ properly that day and Satan through the bus in your way?

"Sleep walking or having mood swings (or any other mental problems)"

This is the worst board to make such statements. People here are struggling and confused. They don't need the discouragement of being "naturally" mentally ill...
So we should lie to them and tell them it's demons? Then they all go to a priest to get their demon cast out instead of seeking the medical treatment they need.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
wblastyn said:
So we should lie to them and tell them it's demons? Then they all go to a priest to get their demon cast out instead of seeking the medical treatment they need.

I don't think I've ever, in the two years I've been coming here, seen that anyone was ever told their mental illness was the result of demons alone or that they should avoid medical treatment. In fact, we always say the person should go to their doctor FIRST, and get a good check up to see if the mental problem has a medical basis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't hate other Christians, they annoy me. Just like my sister sometimes annoys me, but I don't hate her.

I know part of the problem is me.

I just said the people annoyed me, i didn't say they were inferior.

I have to examine myself for this course I'm doing anyway, so ok.

Oh and that gives them the right to annoy?

Upvote 0

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
lambslove said:
I don't think I've ever, in the two years I've been coming here, seen that anyone was ever told their mental illness was the result of demons alone or that they should avoid medical treatment. In fact, we always say the person should go to their doctor FIRST, and get a good check up to see if the mental problem has a medical basis.
Well I wasn't talking about here. In another forum people are telling someone who thiks he may be demon possessed that he actually is, when in fact everything he says he has expereinced can be explained.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
wblastyn said:
Oh and that gives them the right to annoy?

Don't be so self-centered. It isn't about you. No one is going around looking for ways to annoy you, except maybe your sister.

The fact that you are annoyed is totally inside of you, it is a decision you make, to allow your emotions to get the best of you.

You can't change people, so you might as well learn to accept the things about them that annoy you.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
wblastyn said:
Oh and it's not just me that Christians annoy, look at all the non-Christians in the Apologetics forum who are really put off by some people. That is what annoys me the most, the fact that they push people away.

You're still in the judging and condemning mode here, kid.

As long as you are in that mode, you are really judging and condemning Christ. So keep sinning against Him and see where that gets you.

Upvote 0