Garland
✟7,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone during this pandemic I really took time out to go a little bit deeper into my faith. I wanted to learn the why's behind the what's. Growing as a Christian, most of the things we have learned about Christ was often taught or told to us. In that process, our belief pattern is developed. At some point we have to make the transmission and do as GOD instructs us to do "study to show thy self approved" I've recently read this book " Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years ( https://amzn.to/3dTf9P5). It goes back to the origins of the Hebrew Bible and encompasses the globe. It captures the major turning points in Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox history and fills in often neglected accounts of conversion and confrontation in Africa, Latin America, and Asia. Very eye-opening

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟408,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very interesting sounding book. I hope there was a lot of good and informative points that kept you reading. Hullo and welcome. Remember it’s not a religion but a faith in and relationship with Christ.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone during this pandemic I really took time out to go a little bit deeper into my faith. I wanted to learn the why's behind the what's. Growing as a Christian, most of the things we have learned about Christ was often taught or told to us. In that process, our belief pattern is developed. At some point we have to make the transmission and do as GOD instructs us to do "study to show thy self approved" I've recently read this book " Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years ( https://amzn.to/3dTf9P5). It goes back to the origins of the Hebrew Bible and encompasses the globe. It captures the major turning points in Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox history and fills in often neglected accounts of conversion and confrontation in Africa, Latin America, and Asia. Very eye-opening
Hello Dominique.
Sounds like you've come across a very interesting book. I'll have to take a look at it.
Hope you will enjoy your time here.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟408,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Above, I like that quote by SToA, thanks. Isn’t she the patron saint of bums? No offense intended but I read that some hobos or whatever carried holy cards and we’re getting comfort from her. Lord knows they had to get it somewhere, they have a very hard life.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Dominique,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

View attachment 287145

079f0551165fa6aca5702fdfa65b588e.gif

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums