Christian Women, Are You Causing Men to Sin?

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟593,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We CAN cause others to stumble or the Bible wouldn't tell us not to do it!

I agree with dnp200450, we can influence others but we cannot cause them to stumble. Even if we could cause others to stumble, why is this thread putting the blame on women alone?

Upvote 0
L

Lyndie

I agree with dnp200450, we can influence others but we cannot cause them to stumble. Even if we could cause others to stumble, why is this thread putting the blame on women alone?

Because us women are the root of all evil next to money, don't ya know?:doh: Guess I'll have stop wearing makeup so Joe Smith doesn't stumble...oh wait, John Doe likes the plain look...and I can't wear pants cause it turn on Bob Schmoe...but then again Dave Dude is turned on by skirts....:doh:

Upvote 0

Mobiosity

American by birth; Southern by the grace of God.
Feb 20, 2007
✟11,055.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Because us women are the root of all evil next to money, don't ya know?:doh: Guess I'll have stop wearing makeup so Joe Smith doesn't stumble...oh wait, John Doe likes the plain look...and I can't wear pants cause it turn on Bob Schmoe...but then again Dave Dude is turned on by skirts....:doh:
Come on, I'm sure your being facetious, but it's simple enough to wear clothes that aren't skin tight, up to where it doesn't belong and down past where it should be. Islamic men and women are told to dress modestly to keep other from being distracted; we should be able to do it for each other, freely.

Oh, and btw - it's the love of money that is the root of all evil.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟593,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Come on, I'm sure your being facetious, but it's simple enough to wear clothes that aren't skin tight, up to
where it doesn't belong and down past where it should be.

Again, why put the balme on women for making men stumble? In the US, where topless sunbathing isn't the norm for women, men cover less of their bodies then women.

Islamic men and women are told to dress modestly to keep other from being distracted; we should be able to do it for each other, freely.

But do we really want burquas to become the norm in western society?

Upvote 0

Jakihe

A Light in the Darkness
Jul 25, 2010
Europe
✟15,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can influence you. I can't make you stumble. If I could you could just blame me for you sin.

GOD will hold me responsible for causing you temptation. Yes, you are responsible for yourself but if I am the one who causes you to stumble, God will hold me responsible too.

Upvote 0

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟18,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As for the guys who claim they supposedly have a temptation problem... Why can't they just move there eyes 40-60 degrees. Why do they claim they have a problem and keep staring while at the same time blaming the woman. Then they try to act like a politically correct Christian by saying they really did not want to look at her in the first place but could not help but look during the entire duration of the service!

I will tell you why. They stare because they want to stare. They get a thrill and a rush from it. They love the tight clingy clothing, they like the exposed skin, and in all honesty they want to fantasize about having sex with the woman.

All of this reminds me of the alcoholic that claims they really don't like booze but can't help but drink it.

Upvote 0

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟18,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

GOD will hold me responsible for causing you temptation. Yes, you are responsible for yourself but if I am the one who causes you to stumble, God will hold me responsible too.
You can't cause me to stumble. If you offer me something sinful and I take you up on the offer we both are sinning. If you offer me something sinful and I say no than you are sinning but I am not because I said no.

Upvote 0

Jakihe

A Light in the Darkness
Jul 25, 2010
Europe
✟15,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... it's simple enough to wear clothes that aren't skin tight, up to where it doesn't belong and down past where it should be. Islamic men and women are told to dress modestly to keep other from being distracted; we should be able to do it for each other, freely.

You are so right. :angel:
That is just it. We need to be modest and that is rooted in the heart and displayed on the outside.

Upvote 0
L

Lyndie

Come on, I'm sure your being facetious, but it's simple enough to wear clothes that aren't skin tight, up to where it doesn't belong and down past where it should be. Islamic men and women are told to dress modestly to keep other from being distracted; we should be able to do it for each other, freely.

Oh, and btw - it's the love of money that is the root of all evil.
Yes I am. What people seem to keep missing is no one is advocated dressing like you stated. But when I can't wear pants (cause you may be able to tell I have a butt) or a shirt that gives the indication I have boobs, or lace cause YOU think of underwear, that's ridiculous. Burkas don't stop Islamic men from lusting, so who's fault is that? If a man has such an issue with a woman's body that no matter what I do or wear they may stumble, then they need to take it up with God cause HE made me that way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jakihe

A Light in the Darkness
Jul 25, 2010
Europe
✟15,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As for the guys who claim they supposedly have a temptation problem... Why can't they just move there eyes 40-60 degrees. Why do they claim they have a problem and keep staring while at the same time blaming the woman. Then they try to act like a politically correct Christian by saying they really did not want to look at her in the first place but could not help but look during the entire duration of the service!

I will tell you why. They stare because they want to stare. They get a thrill and a rush from it. They love the tight clingy clothing, they like the exposed skin, and in all honesty they want to fantasize about having sex with the woman.

All of this reminds me of the alcoholic that claims they really don't like booze but can't help but drink it.

I appreciate what you are saying and I totally agree that a man stares or lusts because he chooses to, and he is accountable to God for that....my point is, I don't want to be the tool that causes such a man to stumble. We CAN cause stumbling; Jesus told us NOT to cause another to stumble.

You can't cause me to stumble. If you offer me something sinful and I take you up on the offer we both are sinning. If you offer me something sinful and I say no than you are sinning but I am not because I said no.

That is what I was trying to say earlier.

Upvote 0

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟18,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't want to be the tool that causes such a man to stumble.
Such a weak man will stumble over anything. You could be dressed in a Judges robe and he would still be turned on. He could have some fetish about something as innocent as your neck or height. I really can't tolerate those people and I don't feel sorry for them in the least. They aren't worth worrying about really.

Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
But no one can MAKE anyone else stumble. That is like me MAKING you shoot up heroin. The only way I can MAKE you is if I inject you when you are physically incapacitated. I can't just put drugs in front of you and MAKE you stumble.

and what do people think of drug pushers and sellers on the street?? Women who wear lustful clothing that tries to accentuate their body are creating an explicit image of themselves. They want guys to look at them because it help compliments their own vanity. But not do they only sin and tempt others, but they sin against Christ because the body of Christians is also the body of Christ. Satan himself is the great tempter of them all, trying to take advantage of humanity's free will and weak conscious due to original sin. He takes advantage of the concupiscence of man. Are you gonna follow him in his footsteps too??

Heres a verse for you to ponder on

"The whoredom of a woman may be known in her haughty looks and eyelids. If thy daughter be shameless, keep her in straitly,lest she abuse herself through overmuch liberty ." (Eccles. 26:9-10)

When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. - 1 Corinthians 8:12

all because of the wanton lust of a harlot, alluring, the mistress of sorceries, who enslaved nations by her prostitution and peoples by her witchcraft. - Nahum 3:4

For a harlot is a deep pit And an adulterous woman is a narrow well. - Proverbs 23:27

Why be captivated, my son, by an immoral woman, or fondle the breasts of a promiscuous woman? - Proverbs 5:20

Wisdom will save you from the immoral woman, from the seductive words of the promiscuous woman. - Proverbs 2:16

For the lips of a harlot are like a honeycomb dropping, and her throat is smoother than oil. - Proverbs 5:3

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I really hope you aren't saying a woman deserved to get raped because of what she is wearing. Because rape has NOTHING to do with sex, its about power and control and humiliation.

no, but I do think that lustful clothing can help trigger rape in violent men. Alcohol too.. Rape is always wrong. But sin tend to intertwine with other forms of sin. Women have a much higher chance of being raped in areas that is drenched in sin and violence(clubs, bars, parties, concerts, conventions, etc). The safest place for a woman is in her home with her children and a protecting husband.

Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
To add what Lady bug said I have learned in my criminal justice class that many many rapes are never reported due to a woman's fear of the scrutiny that she will face...my muslim sister who is also going to move to the middle east says that rape is out rageous in middle eastern countries despite the veil,burka etc..and that is why women are not allowed to go outside without a male family member or their husbadn.most women that are raped i have found werent even lewdly dressed..it has nothing to do with dress style...the rapist is not even necessarily turned on by the actual person themselves..just the fear and weakness that the victim displays...they view women as objects from the first place...and many time they are sociopaths.

And thou shalt make them linen breeches to cover their nakedness; from the loins even unto the thighs they shall reach- Exodus 28:42

Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter - Lev 18:17

Proverbs 11:22, As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.

Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
L

Lyndie

and what do people think of drug pushers and sellers on the street?? Women who wear lustful clothing that tries to accentuate their body are creating an explicit image of themselves. They want guys to look at them because it help compliments their own vanity. But not do they only sin and tempt others, but they sin against Christ because the body of Christians is also the body of Christ. Satan himself is the great tempter of them all, trying to take advantage of humanity's free will and weak conscious due to original sin. He takes advantage of the concupiscence of man. Are you gonna follow him in his footsteps too??

Heres a verse for you to ponder on

"The whoredom of a woman may be known in her haughty looks and eyelids. If thy daughter be shameless, keep her in straitly, lest she abuse herself through overmuch liberty." (Eccles. 26:9-10)

When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. - 1 Corinthians 8:12

all because of the wanton lust of a harlot, alluring, the mistress of sorceries, who enslaved nations by her prostitution and peoples by her witchcraft. - Nahum 3:4

For a harlot is a deep pit And an adulterous woman is a narrow well. - Proverbs 23:27

Why be captivated, my son, by an immoral woman, or fondle the breasts of a promiscuous woman? - Proverbs 5:20

Wisdom will save you from the immoral woman, from the seductive words of the promiscuous woman. - Proverbs 2:16

For the lips of a harlot are like a honeycomb dropping, and her throat is smoother than oil. - Proverbs 5:3

There's a big difference between a promiscuous woman and a woman who wears pants to church. Again, if simply seeing the shape of a woman makes a man lust, that is HIS problem. I don't understand why men who think women who want men to be just as responsible are seen as nothing but promiscuous, miniskirted, cleavage showing harlots, because again, nowhere in this thread are women advocating dressing that way.

Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Umm, he's speaking of the preists, who are men...

yes, but it still related to the issues of modesty and the covering of ones nakedness. They are particularly ordered, in their ministration, to wear linen breeches, . This teaches us modesty and decency of garb and gesture at all times, especially in public worship, in which a veil is becoming, 1 Co. 11:5, 6, 10. It also intimates what need our souls have of a covering, when we come before God, that the shame of their nakedness may not appear.

Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There's a big difference between a promiscuous woman and a woman who wears pants to church. Again, if simply seeing the shape of a woman makes a man lust, that is HIS problem. I don't understand why men who think women who want men to be just as responsible are seen as nothing but promiscuous, miniskirted, cleavage showing harlots, because again, nowhere in this thread are women advocating dressing that way.

its really all dependent on the intent and actions of the person. If the woman is wearing pants that hug her butt and accentuate her curves on purpose, then yes she is creating issues and possibly could cause her brothers and sisters to sin. Like I said, clothing that accentuates certain parts of the body on purpose for the issues of "looking sexy" is a form of vanity and creates stumbling blocks for others. It is a form of pride and selfishness because they are more concerned with how they look and themselves rather than worrying if they are creating a stumbling block for others. If the woman doesn't care then that isn't too Christian of her, is it?? she obviously does not care about her brothers and sisters in Christ and is a hypocrite.

Upvote 0