Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Taylor Swift put out a music video called Willow where her character joins a magic ritual. There is no swearing and nothing bloody but they are wearing cloaks and masks.

On Instagram she said, "Witches be like 'Sometimes I just want to listen to music while pining away/sulking/staring out a window.' It’s me. I’m witches. Never fear, the 'willow lonely witch remix' is here. "

Previously Taylor said she was Christian so I thought it was relevant to the topic.
Maybe it’s her alter ego or about the hypocrisy she sees in herself?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Previously Taylor said she was Christian so I thought it was relevant to the topic.

The entertainment industry supports and promotes certain behaviors. Artists rarely have control over their music, videos, or image. They're chosen to perform and influence. That's their purpose.

Social media messages may or may not be written by them. Most hire someone to manage it for them. You don't know who's posting.

For more insight, reference the Prince vs WB situation and Pink's comments about their first meeting and her want to collaborate. "Owning the masters" is a term the public isn't familiar with. But its significant.

And recollect the conflict between Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson regarding the Beatles catalogue. You'll begin to understand the nuances of music contracts.

~bella

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Maybe it’s her alter ego or about the hypocrisy she sees in herself?
That could be but saying "I'm witches" certainly implies she herself is a witch. However, writing it in an almost tongue-in-cheek way leaves room for ambiguity, possibly intentionally.

The entertainment industry supports and promotes certain behaviors. Artists rarely have control over their music, videos, or image. They're chosen to perform and influence. That's their purpose.

Social media messages may or may not be written by them. Most hire someone to manage it for them. You don't know who's posting.

For more insight, reference the Prince vs WB situation and Pink's comments about their first meeting and her want to collaborate. "Owning the masters" is a term the public isn't familiar with. But its significant.

And recollect the conflict between Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson regarding the Beatles catalogue. You'll begin to understand the nuances of music contracts.

~bella
That is true and worth pointing out. We never know what artists are being pressured into doing.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That could be but saying "I'm witches" certainly implies she herself is a witch. However, writing it in an almost tongue-in-cheek way leaves room for ambiguity, possibly intentionally.

That is true and worth pointing out. We never know what artists are being pressured into doing.

Without going any further, I'd suggest prayer on her behalf. :)

~bella

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Yeah, or echoing voices around her.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Taylor Swift put out a music video called Willow where her character joins a magic ritual. There is no swearing and nothing bloody but they are wearing cloaks and masks.

On Instagram she said, "Witches be like 'Sometimes I just want to listen to music while pining away/sulking/staring out a window.' It’s me. I’m witches. Never fear, the 'willow lonely witch remix' is here. "

People use Christian support to make it, and then pursue woke dollars once they have their foot in the door. This is why you will see up-and-coming artists showing off their talents by singing Christian songs and appearing wholesome, then becoming more risque and saying more things that garner news attention later. Some of it might be actual corruption over time, but some of it is calculated - if not by the artist, by the agent.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can’t be tempted unless you’re susceptible on some level. There’s a lot of things I don’t do for that reason. Being around someone who does wouldn’t influence me nor would the opportunity to engage unless some part of me desired it.

That’s how I’m wired. I think its wise to know your limitations. You have less hardships. :)

~bella
I don't even know if I'm susceptible, because I know so little about witchcraft. Most probably I'm not susceptible, because I can be a very stubborn person, and I'm only interested in Christianity. However, not bothering to look does have the advantage of placing an extra barrier between me and what I know is wrong. When I was at school, and some people expressed an interest in ouji boards, I had little interest, and thought it was potentially a dangerous avenue to explore.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
However, not bothering to look does have the advantage of placing an extra barrier between me and what I know is wrong.

I don't advise exploration unless the Lord directs you to do so, the topic is part of a theological curriculum, or your calling. I don’t study it. I know enough. I’m noticing an increasing prevalence of the subject in society. That’s why I mentioned it.

Case in point, when I searched for herbs or herbalism on Pinterest I saw lots of natural tips and recipes. Now I see things for kitchen witches. That wasn’t there before. And its crept in other places too. Certain keywords return results that are unrelated. Like ‘prayer’ on a book app.

When I was at school, and some people expressed an interest in ouji boards, I had little interest, and thought it was potentially a dangerous avenue to explore.

Not good. Never mess with them.

~bella

Reactions: JustSomeBloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums