Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All we hear these days are frightening reports of number of new cases of covid-19, number of deaths, lockdowns, and stockmarket crashes, huge increases in unemployed. Crisis every way we look or listen.

We hear people saying that this is punishment from God. Yet in John 9 Jesus had a completely different angle on the reason a man was born blind. It was neither he, nor his parents who had sinned, but that the glory of God should be revealed. And Jesus promptly gave him his sight back, to the astonishment of all.

It is in times of crisis that people turn to a supernatural power, by whatever name. In western countries with a heritage in christianity, they turn, even if only in their private thoughts, to God. And He is there, waiting for them with open arms, to calm their fears, give support and hope, encourage, and comfort. Even His own people draw nearer to God in these times. God relishes the opportunity to show his practical love in times like this, and to involve his people as His instruments.

I am one of those who am strictly admonished to stay at home - not even to shop for myself. As a believer, I feel compelled to particpate in some form of service. It is at times like this that we have incredible opportunities to show the love of God to our neighbours, far and near. The following verses are only two that very clearly indicate that our lives are to be active in service.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

James 1:22
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

The essence of Christ's life in us is to demonstrate His love to others. And His love is active, it is a behavioural pattern, not simply an emotional feeling. So my question and proposal is simply to ask - how are you serving in this period of crisis? That's not meant as a challenge, but as a request for ideas - things you are doing, things you have heard others are doing, how you and others are praying, giving hope, encouragement, comfort, whatever ...

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i have been praying and supporting people on the forums who have hardships or are overcome by anxiety. i find that many believers have times when they get lost and need a loving caring person to help them through such times. Many such people frequent the internet searching for love, faith and hope.

With Christ it are these three that always remain. Often times believers need to hear from other believers where to find their comfort, especially when they are hurting and lost.

Peace.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
All we hear these days are frightening reports of number of new cases of covid-19, number of deaths, lockdowns, and stockmarket crashes, huge increases in unemployed. Crisis every way we look or listen.

We hear people saying that this is punishment from God. Yet in John 9 Jesus had a completely different angle on the reason a man was born blind. It was neither he, nor his parents who had sinned, but that the glory of God should be revealed. And Jesus promptly gave him his sight back, to the astonishment of all.

It is in times of crisis that people turn to a supernatural power, by whatever name. In western countries with a heritage in christianity, they turn, even if only in their private thoughts, to God. And He is there, waiting for them with open arms, to calm their fears, give support and hope, encourage, and comfort. Even His own people draw nearer to God in these times. God relishes the opportunity to show his practical love in times like this, and to involve his people as His instruments.

I am one of those who am strictly admonished to stay at home - not even to shop for myself. As a believer, I feel compelled to particpate in some form of service. It is at times like this that we have incredible opportunities to show the love of God to our neighbours, far and near. The following verses are only two that very clearly indicate that our lives are to be active in service.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

James 1:22
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

The essence of Christ's life in us is to demonstrate His love to others. And His love is active, it is a behavioural pattern, not simply an emotional feeling. So my question and proposal is simply to ask - how are you serving in this period of crisis? That's not meant as a challenge, but as a request for ideas - things you are doing, things you have heard others are doing, how you and others are praying, giving hope, encouragement, comfort, whatever ...
Hi, yes my husband and I are also not allowed out with health issues. Our Vicar recommended contacting 2 people every day (phone or web) and praying for 3. Well, it is quite a good idea, but I pray for more than 3 a day. But the contact idea is very good for me.
Our Church has quite a good group on line and the youtube messages from our Vicar are good, so I don't feel abandoned by Church friends.
praying, giving hope, encouragement, comfort, I will make sure I cover these items, so important.
:) Good to meet you.

Upvote 0