Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Be nice if we/they didn't put us all in one pile. There are more believer out there that are against this petition.

I think that's the point. It's an opportunity to show some followers of Christ don't support that kind of leadership.

• Agree
Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then it's up to them to find a candidate they can get behind and cast their ballots accordingly. That would do far more and send a stronger message than this silly petition.
It's also up to other Christians to not vote for Trump. Since he should have never been a thought, when it comes to running America.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Biden said if Trump runs, so will he - so that is another problem - and a bigger one than Trump.

It would be interesting to see how Trump's numbers compare to Biden's.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,140.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
In other words, this is all about a bunch of empty virtue signaling that's not going to do anything but makes the people who sign the petition look good and feel good about themselves. I got it.
Is there not value in groups and individuals publicly expressing their views in a quiet manner, when these views are of great importance to their world view, their beliefs, their faith, their ethics? You seem comfortable publicly expressing your views on their behaviour, yet seem dismissive and disrespecetful of their decision to exercise a similar right. I don't get it. Perhaps you would clarify your position and your reasoning.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder what values these particular Christians believe they share with Biden or any other politician of note. I could just as easily say Biden does not share my values and therefore will never have my vote, but I won't because I don't know who Biden might run against that might be even more despicable than he is. I can say I will never vote for him, but I can't say that he won't get my vote as a vote against someone whose vision of where the country should go I find even more harmful than his, As unlikely as that might be.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It's also up to other Christians to not vote for Trump. Since he should have never been a thought, when it comes to running America.
I have not voted for Trump yet. But with abysmal choices put forward by the Democrats it's very hard not to. Just sayin'.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
People can protest and sign petitions all they want, but it's his campaign and he will decide when it ends, not a bunch of random people who use the internet.
If I were convinced that the organization doing the petition drive, Faithful America, was actually faithful then I would consider it. But if it is just the Democratic party at prayer there is no way I'm adding my name to their effort.

I have never voted for Trump. I quit the Republican party over Trump. I am not going to vote for Trump. That said I will not promote the Democratic Party. Not for a moment. Convince me, anybody, that Faithful America isn't functioning as an arm of the Democratic Party.

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Before becoming independent in 2018, Faithful America was a creation of the National Council of Churches and then was a part of the Citizen Engagement Lab, which has been funded by George Soros."
Here's the rest of the article from 2020

Sounds like another "Red Letter Christians" group.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
"Before becoming independent in 2018, Faithful America was a creation of the National Council of Churches and then was a part of the Citizen Engagement Lab, which has been funded by George Soros."
Here's the rest of the article from 2020

Sounds like another "Red Letter Christians" group.
Which is?

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which is?
"Red Letter Christians are a group of liberal Christians whose desire is to counter the political influence of conservative Christians. In the past thirty years, the voice of evangelical Christianity has been fairly prominent in the political process, much to the chagrin of secularists, non-evangelicals, and liberal Christians. As conservative Christians networked in such groups as the Moral Majority, the Christian Coalition, and American Values, popular figures within liberal Christianity began to feel disenfranchised. They deemed their faith to have been “hijacked” by the religious right.

Framers of the Red Letter movement include Jim Wallis, founder of Sojourners magazine; Shane Claiborne, an activist and leader in the New Monasticism movement; Richard Rohr, a well-known Catholic writer; Brian McLaren, an emergent church leader; and Tony Campolo, a popular speaker and author of Red Letter Christians: a Citizen’s Guide to Faith and Politics. These men desired to counter the voice of evangelicalism in the political world."

More info here: What are Red Letter Christians? | GotQuestions.org

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
"Red Letter Christians are a group of liberal Christians whose desire is to counter the political influence of conservative Christians. In the past thirty years, the voice of evangelical Christianity has been fairly prominent in the political process, much to the chagrin of secularists, non-evangelicals, and liberal Christians. As conservative Christians networked in such groups as the Moral Majority, the Christian Coalition, and American Values, popular figures within liberal Christianity began to feel disenfranchised. They deemed their faith to have been “hijacked” by the religious right.

Framers of the Red Letter movement include Jim Wallis, founder of Sojourners magazine; Shane Claiborne, an activist and leader in the New Monasticism movement; Richard Rohr, a well-known Catholic writer; Brian McLaren, an emergent church leader; and Tony Campolo, a popular speaker and author of Red Letter Christians: a Citizen’s Guide to Faith and Politics. These men desired to counter the voice of evangelicalism in the political world."

More info here: What are Red Letter Christians? | GotQuestions.org
Thanks.
Do “red letter Christians” present a problem of some sort?

• Agree
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks.
Do “red letter Christians” present a problem of some sort?
No, they're just the other side of the political coin. Tony Campolo was a 'spiritual advisor' to Bill Clinton.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are many Christians who feel the Religious Right doesn't speak for them--politically or spiritually. I'm one of them.
Both groups are too involved with politics.
I am not against Christianity addressing moral issues--but in terms of party and candidates, they should leave that to each individual and his conscience.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are many Christians who feel the Religious Right doesn't speak for them--politically or spiritually. I'm one of them.
Both groups are too involved with politics.
I am not against Christianity addressing moral issues--but in terms of party and candidates, they should leave that to each individual and his conscience.
I agree. Both sides have "Christian" lobbying, petitioning organizations, attempting to achieve a Democrat or a Republican version of heaven on earth; the right wing groups just get more attention.

Upvote 0