✟18,897.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I like the way Calvin explained it in his Institutes:

"As the purer and chaster a husband is, the more grievously he is offended when he sees his wife inclining to a rival; so the Lord, who has betrothed us to Himself in truth, declares that He burns with the hottest jealousy whenever, neglecting the purity of His holy marriage, we defile ourselves with abominable lusts, and especially when the worship of His deity, which ought to have been most carefully kept unimpaired, is transferred to another, or adulterated with some superstition; since in this way we not only violate our plighted troth, but defile the nuptial couch, by giving access to adulterers."

Americans have "inclined to a rival," transferring the "worship of His deity" other gods, whether they be of "official" religions, or such idols as the state. If this is the case, we cannot be "one nation under God." In fact, God told another nation (Israel) what He would do in such a situation. "I will sentence you to the punishment of women who commit adultery and who shed blood; I will bring upon you the blood vengeance of my wrath and jealous anger" (Ezekiel 16:38).

Upvote 0