May 23, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Visit site
✟2,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i wouldn't really even put bands like Melt Banana or The Locust in the noise category... That whole branch of music, including most of Load Record's roster, is in sore need of a label, rather than trying to fumble around with inept descriptions or more generic labels that don't really signify the significant departure they take.

The Blood Brothers I would probably just slip under the regular hardcore/punk umbrella.

Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2011
Canada
✟9,842.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Someone already mentioned Blackhouse, but they definitely have noise material. They put out the first Christian industrial noise album in 1984, called Pro Life. Most of that album I could never listen to. Last time I checked on You Tube, there was a video made for their "Hope Like a Candle" song. Not that it's really a song. They also have a very noise oriented piece called "the Holy Ghost" which includes the sound of a refrigerator, a lawn mower, some brief hits on the cymbals, etc. I don't listen to a lot of experimental/noise music myself, but you might like what they do.

Upvote 0
C

clang quartet

Wanted to thank the person who mentioned my Clang Quartet show. I can pretty much promise any of you that are into "Harsh Noise" that you will enjoy my show if you see it. I have a Facebook page and a Youtube channel. I have played many shows with artists such as Acid Mothers Temple, Melt Banana, Aaron Dilloway, and too many others to mention in one message. God bless you all.

Scotty Irving

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Schroeder

Veteran
Jun 10, 2005
OHIO. home of THE Ohio State Buckeyes
✟11,248.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I really like a lot of noise bands and quite a few experimental bands; however, many of these noise bands have pretty gruesome themes.

Basically a Christian version of Masonna, Merzbow, Zeni Geva, Acid Mothers Temple, or anything like that.

Or something along the lines of John Cage?
mantric, extol, inevitable end, though they might be to metal. inevitable end is very much a noise band and chaotic. well after going through the pages these would probably not be what your looking for. but hey some others might like them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaPhotoGuy

Mar 23, 2012
✟15,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, the OP sig . . .

lakitu.jpg

Upvote 0
C

clang quartet

[FONT=&quot]- Clang Quartet[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Japan Tour [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](In addition to the Clang performances, I (Scotty Irving) will be performing duets with Makoto Kawabata and others, probably on drum set.)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]July 6th-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tokyo @ Super Deluxe w/ Incapacitants, Makototo Kawabata ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]Acid Mothers Temple[/FONT][FONT=&quot]), more TBA[/FONT][FONT=&quot]?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]July 7th-Hikone @ TBA) w/ Makoto Kawabata solo, Satojima Nani , etc. Night may conclude with a piece from all three of us together?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]July 8th-Osaka @ Gallery Nomart w/ Kawabata-Irving, more TBA?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]July 9th-Okayama @ Pepper Land w/ Kawabata-Irving, more TBA?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]July 10th-Kobe @ Helluva Lounge w/ Kawabata-Irving, more TBA? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]July 11th-Osaka @ Namba Bears w/ TBA?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]July 12th-Nagoya @ K.D. Japon w/ Kawabata-Irving + Tatsumaki No Miko & Tatsumaki Taro[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]July 13th – Tokyo @ Soup with: Makoto Kawabata, Gomikawa (Kohei Gomi of Pain Jerk & Toshiji Mikawa of Incapacitants/Hijo Kaidan ), duel featuring Hiroshi Hasagawa (Astro/C.C.C.C.), Tabata Mitsuru (Acid Mothers Temple, Hanatarash, etc.) & Keiko Higuchi, AxIx (Jax Excretion) with Aida , Dave Skipper, Cal Lyal, Yasutoshi Yoshida (Government Alpha)[/FONT]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Mar 27, 2013
in transit
✟15,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I really like a lot of noise bands and quite a few experimental bands; however, many of these noise bands have pretty gruesome themes.

Basically a Christian version of Masonna, Merzbow, Zeni Geva, Acid Mothers Temple, or anything like that.

Or something along the lines of John Cage?
Hello Alice the Sister,

Back in '97 the band I was in did some Harsh Elektro, Experimental (Power Noiz), Dark Wave... I compiled a CD album for ADSR Musicwerks titled "Electro Radiovengeance." European labels, such as Ant Zen, Daft Records and so on, let me use some of their original recordings. DJ Vex (one of my aliases aside from my Acid New Beat personas) and Apocrypho (the name of my x-ed band) were not Christian. Again, that was a long time ago, and I no longer compose music. One album of a particular genre is always enough because I don't believe in repeating a sentiment -- when it comes to "art."

Most of all, I'm back to my Christian root (and it's truly music to my soul). I don't feel the same way compared to when I started the DJ Vex and Apocrypho projects. Alas, the Harsh Elektro/Industrial/Experimental theories reached their zenith at the turn of the century.

"Electro Radiovengeance" was actually my farewell compilation to the genre, truth be told.

Peace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 27, 2013
in transit
✟15,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
My entire record collection is for sale. I have tons of Noiz, Dark Wave, Harsh Elektro, '80s New Wave, Acid Haus, Euro New Beat, EBM, Synthpop, rare, hard-to-find, etc. I have some "Christian" Industrial CDs, as well. Contact me if interested. I only take Paypal or Money Order.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Westbridge

Nov 19, 2013
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello board, I'm brand new here. Hope this goes well.
I've been making noise as a Christian for some time now and I'm excited to see that there are more Jesus followers out there who are into pushing the aural envelope. I'm trying to get better at what I do, and I'm hoping to get out and play live a bit more soon.
inkitform.bandcamp.com

Upvote 0