Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I want to be more open about it at least with one friend. Do you think I can share my hobby of naturism with another Christian and still have a good friendship?

My friend makes comments that lets me think that she may be ok with nudism. I want to make sure where she stands on nude beaches, naked volleyball or nude body art etc. before I tell her I am a nudist.

Has it been easy for others to tell friends of your nudism or did you have to think about it a lot before you told them? If it is really more common than we imagine I wish people could talk more freely about it and say yes they think nude swimming is ok or it is not ok and not have it be a big deal to discuss.
I too have a hard time bringing it upwith my friends and afamily. Many of them I know do not approve others I can't figure out. A few are fine with it.

Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have read some stories online of workers who happened to be Christian having to go to nudist resorts to work on computers and office equipment etc.

I wonder what other occupations go to nudist resorts and they are not nudists like plumbers, electricians, painters, real estate agents, lawyers, mailmen, landscapers, gardeners, caterers etc. I wonder if there is a list somewhere of all the occupations that can work at a nudist resort at one time or another? Can a clothed pastor go to a nudist resort to do church work like for the sick etc. or even perform a wedding?

If the workers are Christian and don't agree with the nudist lifestyle can they refuse to go or will they get fired? I wonder when they get back to a church meeting do they ever say, guess where I worked last week? I was fixing computers at a nudist resort. I heard a bible study teacher say one time that a couple decided to skip the church wedding and get married on a nude beach.

I wonder how many times working at a nudist resort might come up in a conversation at a church meeting during the year? Can Christians do work at a nudist resort and still be considered a good Christian? Can a regular Christian go to a nudist resort as an invited guest or even do volunteer work there and keep their clothes on and still be accepted at church?

I guess it is like a doctor or an artist or a worker at a health spa sometimes they will see naked people. I know Christian nudists will have no problem with it, but what will a church say if they find out someone from church has to work at a nudist resort once in awhile?

I am just curious as to how the church and people in the church view this matter. It would be very interesting to hear the various answers and opinions.

The pastor doing a wedding question is his choice. He is not required to do a wedding. Of course with the way things are headed in America politically, he may soon have to.

Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Good grief guys . wrong wrong wrong no what ifs or buts wroooooong !!!!!
I am glad a dissenter showed up, I want to hear some counter arguments, but just saying "wrong" without any justification doesn't cut it.

Upvote 0

A Catholic Friend

Hello all!
Aug 6, 2009
USA
✟10,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If a Christian wanted to be part of performance art on stage where it is artistic and there was no costume, in other words nude, would this be considered ok?

Is it any different than being a life drawing model? Could Christians go to see a performance or a play where the actors are nude? Has anyone here gone to one?

Some Christian colleges have life drawing classes. I wonder if any Christian college with a drama department has done any performance art before?

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If a Christian wanted to be part of performance art on stage where it is artistic and there was no costume, in other words nude, would this be considered ok?

Is it any different than being a life drawing model? Could Christians go to see a performance or a play where the actors are nude? Has anyone here gone to one?

Some Christian colleges have life drawing classes. I wonder if any Christian college with a drama department has done any performance art before?

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I watched a performance of the play Hair at the University of California at Davis (including the nude scene), and found nothing offensive in it. One of my nephews was acting in it, and his mom and siblings were there watching.

My mom and a friend of hers were there also.

Of course, the University is not Christian. My nephew was raised Christian, but has been a "wanderer". My mom, sister, and her other kids are Christian. Our family has always been comfortable with nudity.

I don't know of any Christian colleges which have nude performers in their drama productions; I think that hurdle has yet to be crossed.

Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As I have mentioned elsewhere, I watched a performance of the play Hair at the University of California at Davis (including the nude scene), and found nothing offensive in it. One of my nephews was acting in it, and his mom and siblings were there watching.

My mom and a friend of hers were there also.

Of course, the University is not Christian. My nephew was raised Christian, but has been a "wanderer". My mom, sister, and her other kids are Christian. Our family has always been comfortable with nudity.

I don't know of any Christian colleges which have nude performers in their drama productions; I think that hurdle has yet to be crossed.

I went to a show that was nude and not just the performers but the audience too. It was great. Like you say, it wasn't Christian but there was nothing inherantly offensive about it, none of it was sexual in nature.

Upvote 0

A Catholic Friend

Hello all!
Aug 6, 2009
USA
✟10,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What was the show about Herman? Was it like a play or performance art? Was there a story or was it abstract? Did you ever hear about the Pageant of the Masters art show in California?

They have actors performing as famous works of art and sometimes they are nude or painted to look like a nude statue.

Do you think a church could have gone together as a group to see such an art show even if it contained nudity? In all my years at church I have never seen such a trip on a church calendar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A Catholic Friend

Hello all!
Aug 6, 2009
USA
✟10,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On another thread someone joked that they would go as a nudist to a Halloween party.

Is it ok to go to a real nudist Halloween party? What if someone had a private party and the host was ok if people just showed up in body paint?

Some people on CF are ok with nudity in art and in the movies or nude beaches etc. so I just wonder how much nudity they think is ok without being offensive?

There is an art show called Pageant of the Masters that uses body painted models on stage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What was the show about Herman? Was it like a play or performance art? Was there a story or was it abstract? Did you ever hear about the Pageant of the Masters art show in California?

They have actors performing as famous works of art and sometimes they are nude or painted to look like a nude statue.

Do you think a church could have gone together as a group to see such an art show even if it contained nudity? In all my years at church I have never seen such a trip on a church calendar.
The main part of it was a play with a cohesive story, although it there was a warm up stand up act and after the play a song and dance performance,all naked. Prior to that I have also been to one that was purely stand up comedy. "Did you ever hear about the Pageant of the Masters art show in California?" No I have not but will look into it now. "Do you think a church could have gone together as a group to see such an art show even if it contained nudity?" Sure.
"In all my years at church I have never seen such a trip on a church calendar." That wouldn't surprise me. In a church I went to we once went to an art museum that contained nude paintings and some were a little uneasy about that.

Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
On another thread someone joked that they would go as a nudist to a Halloween party.

Is it ok to go to a real nudist Halloween party? What if someone had a private party and the host was ok if people just showed up in body paint?

Some people on CF are ok with nudity in art and in the movies or nude beaches etc. so I just wonder how much nudity they think is ok without being offensive?

There is an art show called Pageant of the Masters that uses body painted models on stage.
"On another thread someone joked that they would go as a nudist to a Halloween party." Someone did that at a college party in Arizona a few years back.
"Is it ok to go to a real nudist Halloween party?" I am actually planning on doing just that at a nudist resort.
"What if someone had a private party and the host was ok if people just showed up in body paint?" Sure that sounds like fun.
"Some people on CF are ok with nudity in art and in the movies or nude beaches etc. so I just wonder how much nudity they think is ok without being offensive?" It is weird where people will draw the line and often doesn't make a lot of sense.

Upvote 0