Hello all!
Aug 6, 2009
USA
✟10,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did anyone here go to college? What do you think about the college pranks that some people do? Like streaking or nude dares or nude performance art or body painting at college?

If it does not hurt anyone is it just considered good clean fun? Can a Christian nudist participate in some of these things and still be a good Christian?

Upvote 0

A Catholic Friend

Hello all!
Aug 6, 2009
USA
✟10,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are a nudist do you tell any of your church friends? I have a church friend that does not know that I am a nudist, but I don't think she is against nudity. She has gone to museums and has seen movies that contained nudity.

She made a joke about something kind of concerning nudity and I was not sure how to respond. If she jokes around again in away that she is ok with nudity and would like to talk about it is there a way to talk about it in general?

I don't need to know if she would ever go to a nude beach or to tell her that I am a nudist, but I do want to know how she feels about the subject. Is there a safe way to do this?

Like if she was invited to Europe by friends and the host there was having a nudist pool party. I wonder if she would stay or excuse herself and go to town for some sightseeing.

I just want to find a way to talk about things like this without hurting the friendship.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've not been in college in decades so I don't know about the pranks that are being played. There weren't many pranks at my college as I remember it.

There are several Christian friends that friends that know I do some nudist activities. The way I usually let people know if when we are talking about what are
you doing this weekend? I just say I'm going to a nudist resort with who every I'm going with. Sometimes its a GF sometime just friends. I don't say it like
I'm afraid to say it, or like its unusual. I say it the same way I would say I'm going to church, or a family birthday party. Over a year or two I know pretty much how they will react. If they respond have fun, I ask if they want to join me. Sometimes I get to share my faith and when they ask how was last weekend, I say it was very relaxing,
meet this person and got to share my faith in Jesus with them.

Quite a few people say that's not for me. Which I completely understand.

Upvote 0

A Catholic Friend

Hello all!
Aug 6, 2009
USA
✟10,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wish I could be that casual in person. I can say it in a chat room where I don't see the people. Hey I went to a nudist resort, but at church I might get shy about telling people that I am a nudist.

I wonder if I know my friend more and I tell her I went to a resort maybe she could say was it fun? But I am not ready for that yet. LOL.

Upvote 0

A Catholic Friend

Hello all!
Aug 6, 2009
USA
✟10,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you belong or go to a resort do they allow non nudists there besides the mailman and delivery people? They must allow health inspectors, fireman and law enforcement and tv reporters etc. at some resorts.

Do they ever have a clothing optional day where you don't have to be nude? I have friends that had to visit businesses for work. Are resorts ever interviewed or inspected in any way?

My church friend could have visited a resort but I am afraid to ask. What would be a good way of bringing up the subject?

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
At the resort we visit, non-nudists come in all the time for various purposes. One delivers propane to the resort's many tanks, others drive FedEx or UPS trucks, others include health inspectors and food suppliers for the restaurant and snack bar, building inspectors for new additions, and others. The resort hires bands to play for their dance on 3-day summer weekends, and the band members are not nudists (although one singer did take her clothes off and swim in the pool). Several TV stations have done feature stories at the resort, mostly about the nude church service every Sunday (you can find these on YouTube). First responders are sometimes called for medical emergencies, and they come right in.

I don't know if Postal Service employees ever come in (I don't recall seeing any). Residents have mailboxes outside the front gate, and that's where the mail trucks go. Several kids have lived there over the years, and the school bus likewise picks them up somewhere outside the gate. Wouldn't THAT be an interesting field trip?

The resort and its residents are well-known in the community, and contribute to local charitable causes. The resort brings in a significant amount of money to the area (restaurants, gas, etc.).

Nudists don't care if clothed people see them or not. They sequester themselves to not "offend" non-nudists who might spot them accidently.

Also, many resorts participate in "National Nude Weekend" on the second weekend of July. Non-nudists are welcomed to come and tour the resort while clothed, and try nudism if they like. There are often discounts and special events. You can find out more (including locations) at: www.aanr.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I didn't have any streakers in my college. My boys don't seem to have the interest I have in being nude.

I did go to a party this weekend that was clothing optional. All but one of the people that got in to pool where nude. Most others had some clothes on
while hanging out and talking.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My first year was at a small Christian college in the south.

One night the word spread that a certain male and female would streak down the street in front of the college. A crowd of students slowly assembled along the street.

After a while, here came the guy and the gal. The gal was wearing panties, but otherwise both were nude. They ran down the street to a cheering crowd.

That was the one and only streaking incident I've seen.

If I learned that one of my kids or relatives was involved in streaking, I would hope they were intelligent about it (no one hurt, no one arrested).

Upvote 0

A Catholic Friend

Hello all!
Aug 6, 2009
USA
✟10,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you went to Europe and were sight seeing and a bunch of naked bike riders rode buy as a protest would it bother you if you are not a naturist?

What if you are on vacation in America in a place that you did not see nude runners or bikers before? Would that bother you? Or do they have the right to express themselves and protest if they do it legally? Your thoughts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A Catholic Friend

Hello all!
Aug 6, 2009
USA
✟10,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dayhiker I have another question. As a nudist do you ever get mosqito bites? My friend said she got bit on the arms and legs and her backside.

When I get bit it is usually on my arms and legs. Her friend said with a laugh ask her how she got bit on her bottom but she did not tell us.

Could she possibly be a naturist or at least swim or sunbathe nude? Can you get bit more on the backside when you are nude as opposed to wearing shorts and a t shirt?

If she could be a nudist I am reluctant to ask her until we talk some more. What are your thoughts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you went to Europe and were sight seeing and a bunch of naked bike riders rode buy as a protest would it bother you if you are not a naturist?
Well, I guess it's sometimes a matter of definition, but in Europe topless beaches - I don't advocate them - are not at all uncommon. Up here in Canada a judge also legalized toplessness. I think context and common sense matter a lot in these matters, anyway.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I visit nudist places mostly as a day pass and I think the resorts spray to kill mosquitoes. So I can't say I've got bit by them very often.
Also I have a very small reaction to mosquitoes so its not a big deal if I get bit.

Some bathing suits show quite a bit of the outside butt cheeks these days, so a lady could have a suit on and get bit and that be the case.

Upvote 0

A Catholic Friend

Hello all!
Aug 6, 2009
USA
✟10,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are there some Christians who don't call themselves nudists or naturists that are ok with swimming nude in a hot tub or skinny dipping in a pool?

Or maybe they are ok with swimming nude in a hot springs or a spa because they see it like going to a health club whereas they might think the word nudist has a bad connotation and they might look down on it.

Why is one way of being nude ok and then being a nudist is not ok to them when it is still the same nude body? Can they see nude art or a nude art model or nudity in a movie as artistic, but running around nude at a resort as something to stay away from?

I am just curious as how different people see things.

Upvote 0