"Christian" mysticism is not Christian, is it?

"Christian" mysticism is not Christian, is it?

• Sure it is!

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • No, it's more of Eastern religion

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Definition of mysticism

1: the experience of mystical union or direct communion with ultimate reality reported by mystics

2: the belief that direct knowledge of God, spiritual truth, or ultimate reality can be attained through subjective experience (such as intuition or insight)

a: vague speculation : a belief without sound basis
b: a theory postulating the possibility of direct and intuitive acquisition of ineffable knowledge or power

Definition of MYSTICISM

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just be sure that it's the Christian God we are returning to. There are many "christs" and many "gods".

Sin is breaking God's commandments. It has nothing to do with falling away from existence.
My ontological description of sins effect on reality is a very mystical interpretation of the explanation of sin. It's also a more refined philosophic idea and philosophy certainly has a place within Christianity. But once again a multitude of the Believers will believe that all philosophy is condemned as the world's folly. So over the years I have experienced all the best things that God has given me as being condemned by the common people's of the church. Not having God's people to teach me, as they always rejected my fellows, I sought God all the more. So it is a blessing for the prophets to be rejected by his church.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is it not mainly a question of whether we go in by the Door or not. To place our faith in Jesus Christ is to seek His power for caring for our brethren and manifesting all other virtues (because that's what we'll need when a bad day comes).

Phenomena within the dictionary definition quoted are secondary, if we have got this right.

Many high profile individuals such as the big man in the tall forest, tell us to "bring heaven down to earth" but not to follow Jesus the way Jesus and St Paul and St James et al, said. Their goal is to gain fame for their brand or image (or someone that is peddling a similar line). When Newman said "bring heaven down to earth" he meant the thing I mentioned in my first paragraph.

Upvote 0