Give thanks in all things!
May 7, 2012
Visit site
✟15,167.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you completly. Oh and I believe that people get the term "devils music" from the early metal bands such as slayer, who used satanism to make some extreme scences. Same with other bands. Also bands such as alice cooper, freaked people out. Which of course, I believe thats where it all started. So anything that sounds like these guys, people automaticaly throw that quote out. Look as long as the music is pure, and praises God and not man, then it is ok to listen too. Thats what I truly believe.

Psalms 150- Praise the Lord!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!

2 Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!

3 Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp!
4 Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
5 Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

Praise the Lord!

Ezra 3:11-
11 And they sang responsively, praising and giving thanks to the Lord:
“For He is good,
For His mercy endures forever toward Israel.”

Then all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid.

Psalms 98:4-Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth;
Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises.

Amen brother.

Upvote 0

Rothen

Apr 21, 2012
✟844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wintersoul - Thorns of Winter - YouTube

The lyrical content takes a look at the ugliness of mankind and calls us to open our eyes and accept responsibility for our actions and our lives. It deals with how coldness, complacency and disillusionment can lead us to lose our selves and all that is best about our humanity. How love, passion, hope and warmth empower the human soul and loosing these leaves us lifeless, bound and unable to reach our full potential. The lyrical content has a strong symbolic connotations, going far beyond the cold winds, snow and ice with a meaning and a purpose. It’s not important how people label Wintersoul, the important thing is the music and meaning. It can be interpreted on many different levels and relates to everyone not just one group.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PaxThroughX

With dead memories in my heart
Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Wintersoul - Thorns of Winter - YouTube

The lyrical content takes a look at the ugliness of mankind and calls us to open our eyes and accept responsibility for our actions and our lives. It deals with how coldness, complacency and disillusionment can lead us to lose our selves and all that is best about our humanity. How love, passion, hope and warmth empower the human soul and loosing these leaves us lifeless, bound and unable to reach our full potential. The lyrical content has a strong symbolic connotations, going far beyond the cold winds, snow and ice with a meaning and a purpose. It’s not important how people label Wintersoul, the important thing is the music and meaning. It can be interpreted on many different levels and relates to everyone not just one group.

Hey dude i like this song lol. Can you though explain to me about impending dooms album art covers. They have the devil on the front cover why? This album however is more explanatory. thxs

Upvote 0

Rothen

Apr 21, 2012
✟844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey dude i like this song lol. Can you though explain to me about impending dooms album art covers. They have the devil on the front cover why? This album however is more explanatory. thxs
Impending Doom are a Christian band. Reverse psychology?

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Impending Doom are a Christian band. Reverse psychology?

Well thats what people say and they lyrics are good like "if you want to go to heaven youth come follow me" or "die religion" but why have the devil on the album? I wish ID would explain this in a interview or something. I have asked other ID fans and they couldn't give me a clear answer

Upvote 0

Rothen

Apr 21, 2012
✟844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well thats what people say and they lyrics are good like "if you want to go to heaven youth come follow me" or "die religion" but why have the devil on the album? I wish ID would explain this in a interview or something. I have asked other ID fans and they couldn't give me a clear answer
Dunno, but Brook Reeves of Impending Doom recently said this:
I love being a follower of Christ in a not so Christian world so to speak. Because the metal world is a different one than all the other music Genres in my opinion. I Love the fact that I can spread the love and knowledge of Jesus from my heart and experiences and have to be on my toes about it. It never gets old. I hate playing it safe with my music. We are a band not about a man made religion that uses Jesus name to justify war, hate, or segregation from anyone no matter their beliefs. That’s why Christians say we hate religion just the same way non-Christians say they hate religion. Man’s evil heart is twisted. We justify our evilness with the stamp of Jesus on it and call it religion. I hate it. That’s not who God is. I denounce all false religion and cults. If people identify that in our songs atheist or other. Hell yeah!

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Dunno, but Brook Reeves of Impending Doom recently said this:
I love being a follower of Christ in a not so Christian world so to speak. Because the metal world is a different one than all the other music Genres in my opinion. I Love the fact that I can spread the love and knowledge of Jesus from my heart and experiences and have to be on my toes about it. It never gets old. I hate playing it safe with my music. We are a band not about a man made religion that uses Jesus name to justify war, hate, or segregation from anyone no matter their beliefs. That’s why Christians say we hate religion just the same way non-Christians say they hate religion. Man’s evil heart is twisted. We justify our evilness with the stamp of Jesus on it and call it religion. I hate it. That’s not who God is. I denounce all false religion and cults. If people identify that in our songs atheist or other. Hell yeah!

Well i understand where they stand in faith and what not and believe its a relationship with Christ, not religion! But I wish they can just describe what their album art work meanings is like abr and for today does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.