WI
✟7,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've listened to music about drugs and drinking alcohol and I have never touched a drop of alcohol or did any harmful drugs of any kind in my entire life..
Same here (I did drink a little several years ago though, but I don't now.), along with things such as suicide, murder, paganism and [theistic] Satanism for example. I couldn't care less about the lyrics or beliefs of any band I like. That music doesn't make me feel any different than music about anything else, even 'Christian' music. It's all the same to me.

Gotta love how people can assume they know the inner workings of everyone else's minds as if they are God Himself.

Upvote 0

ImperatorWall

Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
The moon
✟18,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Same here (I did drink a little several years ago though, but I don't now.), along with things such as suicide, murder, paganism and [theistic] Satanism for example. I couldn't care less about the lyrics or beliefs of any band I like. That music doesn't make me feel any different than music about anything else, even 'Christian' music. It's all the same to me.

Gotta love how people can assume they know the inner workings of everyone else's minds as if they are God Himself.

*chuckle*

I do know the inner workings of everyone else's minds.

Not only is it revealed in the Bible; we all have the same fallen nature. Anyone that takes an honest look at that nature will understand what I'm saying.

HotRhymez, I do not doubt for a second that if you stopped listening to such music you would find yourself having a more positive outlook on life.

Upvote 0

ImperatorWall

Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
The moon
✟18,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Get off your high horse dude, seriously. Having a sinful nature has no relevance whatsoever to what music you listen to and how it affects you. Thinking that everyone's minds work the same is absurd and plainly ignorant.

Oh? Then what does it (sinful nature) affect?

Upvote 0

ImperatorWall

Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
The moon
✟18,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK. Whatever. Keep thinking you know my mind better than I do. Cool.

I love the ignore feature on this site.

hatersgonnacat.jpg

Reactions: Rhye
Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK. Whatever. Keep thinking you know my mind better than I do. Cool.

I love the ignore feature on this site.

HAVE YE NOT READ?!

Syncopation and minor dominant compositions are the playground of the devil! Phillipians 4:8 requires total abstinence from any for of anything that sounds loud, has lyrics that talk about non-church topics, and especially music that uses dying pig vocals.

1 Peter 2:11 demands we abstain from fleshly lusts, and by fleshly lusts it is most obvious the writer is speaking of blast beats and seven stringed guitars. In fact, any guitar that is electrified.

Oh, and radio. We shouldn't listen to the radio. Ephesians 2:2 says that the Devil is the prince of the power of the AIR so radio signals are the devil's tools. That also means you can't use a laptop's WiFi transceiver or cell phones. In fact, I'm not even sure I should be breathing right now.

Oh, and the Devil is a roaring Lion so obviously Detroit Lions fans are devil worshipers.

Reactions: Blank123
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums