• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Christian Lifeguard Whose Life Is Ending

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TraceMalin, Sep 17, 2019.

1. TraceMalin

TraceMalin Member

+72
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    US-Others
    Hi, everyone!

My name is Trace. I'm a 51 year-old professional lifeguard, SCUBA instructor, and commercial diver who grew up in a Christian home. I've had an amazing and blessed life that is coming to an end. God has rescued me in miracle after miracle. For example, in 1999, I was run over by a car at 40 to 50 mph without a fracture. I was left adrift at sea, survived 3 shallow water blackouts freediving, survived 2 high speed car crashes totally uninjured, had my hand saved after an injury where amputation was the route doctors had been headed, got through a backslide where I had unsafe carnal knowledge of a ridiculous number of flight attendants and other women without an STD, had 3 vitrectomy surgeries and cataract surgeries on the eyes turn out perfectly, you get the idea. Most of all, God blessed me with salvation through Jesus. But, God finally decided that a decompression sickness hit wasn't one of His cosmic lifeguard moments. Most divers are treated successfully. In my case, not so much. Anyway, I thought I would connect with a Christian community online since I'm unable to go to church. Maybe help others learn to live, while I find strength and figure out how to die, or maybe even receive a miracle? I grew up Methodist and Presbyterian and have a theology degree from a Catholic college. I believe that churches are abandoning scripture. I found great joy when I read of a struggling Christian homosexual here who believes God's word over those churches that ignore the Bible. Made me happy to know that other Christians have faith where they can accept we all sin in our own frailty, seeking God's fogiveness through Christ to feel good, rather than have churches lie to us to accomplish a false feeling.

• Prayers Prayers x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+11,665
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Welcome to CF :wave:

You have certainly had a very interesting life - which is not over yet .

I'm sure you will find many folk here willing and eager to exchange their views and experiences with you.

Hope you enjoy sharing with us

3. Monk Brendan

Monk Brendan Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,762
    United States
    Melkite Catholic
    Private
    US-Others
    Why do you think your life is coming to an end?

Only God Himself knows when that will happen for any of us.

4. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+2,837
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hi Trace. Welcome to CF.

Asking and believing for a miracle for you from God.

5. HopeInJesusOnly

HopeInJesusOnly Member

+156
    Canada
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Welcome, Trace. Praying you receive your miracle. God bless. I look forward to seeing you around.

6. inquiring mind

inquiring mind associate with those you can learn from Supporter

+2,787
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Welcome to CF... glad you joined us!