Christian, have you repented for voting for Trump, yet?

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I put the fault only on the people who made it so Trump would become the Republican candidate. I think the nation did the right thing voting in Trump over Hilary. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it's really hard to choose.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Being as a vote for anyone other than Trump would have helped Hillary Clinton win, I don't think voting for Trump is something to repent for. By the same token, there are conservative friends of mine who voted for Hillary Clinton out of distaste for Trump, which I can understand and don't fault them for. When the two candidates are easily the worst candidates Americans have had to pick between in many years, if not ever, I believe that no matter who they voted for, they deserve a measure of grace. I'm not going to shame somebody for eating human waste if the only alternative was eating an equal amount of dog waste.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Christians who voted for Trump were operating in God's will. My question is was it God's perfect will or His permissive will? And would that answer be different depending on the individual Christian?

Seeing as how the alternative who wanted to be allowed to rip a baby out of the mother's womb while she is giving birth and kill it, I felt that Trump was the better of two BAD choices.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What I do have is a problem with people that didn't vote, but were able to, and then complain about the results afterwards.

And that includes the hundreds/thousands of people that have continued to protest against Trump for almost anything he has said, including his condemnation of the white supremacists when the other side said he did not go far enough to denounce them.

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What I do have is a problem with people that didn't vote, but were able to, and then complain about the results afterwards.

And that includes the hundreds/thousands of people that have continued to protest against Trump for almost anything he has said, including his condemnation of the white supremacists when the other side said he did not go far enough to denounce them.

My vote wouldn't have mattered. I live in small town Illinois and although my town went Republican, the state overwhelmingly went Democrat because of Chicago and the surrounding areas.

I should have done more to get Cruz into office, but my own efforts wouldn't have been enough.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My vote wouldn't have mattered. I live in small town Illinois and although my town went Republican, the state overwhelmingly went Democrat because of Chicago and the surrounding areas.

What small town in Illinois? I was born in Rockford, and, while I did a lot of growing up and living in Chicago, I know that Rockford is VERY conservative.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You sure you don't have it backwards?
Some say if you DO vote you don't have a right to complain because you endorsed the system's results by participating with a vote.

Upvote 0

ambc

Mark 12:30-31
Aug 18, 2017
Houston, TX
✟20,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Christians who voted for Trump were operating in God's will. My question is was it God's perfect will or His permissive will? And would that answer be different depending on the individual Christian?

I voted for Trump, though I certainly would have preferred someone more moderate and not anti-immigrant like Kasich. I felt like it was necessary to vote Trump so that Hillary, who would have been so much worse for America, wouldn’t achieve the presidency. Since I voted with my conscience, there isn’t any need to repent.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I voted for Trump, though I certainly would have preferred someone more moderate and not anti-immigrant like Kasich. I felt like it was necessary to vote Trump so that Hillary, who would have been so much worse for America, wouldn’t achieve the presidency. Since I voted with my conscience, there isn’t any need to repent.
Me too. The system is so corrupt I wasn't going to participate, but I watched Trump personally purchase the CEO position of the best government money can buy, so I knew he alone had a chance of defying the system. Turns out he's providing cover for all the good guys to come out of the woodwork.
States have claimed back their sovereignty from the corporation doing business as "The U.S.A." by filing nation state status with The International Court of The Hague. That gave them legal authority to start arresting pedophiles and international bankers that own the U.S.A. corporation.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

I should have done more to get Cruz into office, but my own efforts wouldn't have been enough.

Millions of people who think that their vote doesn't matter is what makes a difference in elections.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You sure you don't have it backwards?
Some say if you DO vote you don't have a right to complain because you endorsed the system's results by participating with a vote.

HONK! But thanks for playing. No, if a person doesn't vote, then that means that he/she doesn't care enough about the state of the country to take the few minutes it requires to go to a polling place, go through verification, then go into the voting booth. It is not an onerous task.

If you can't take that much time out of your day to vote, then you shouldn't complain, either.

Personally, I voted. I can complain about Trump, and I do!

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What about the million that know their vote doesn't count?

Prove to me that ANY vote doesn't count, and the person casting it knows it.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
HONK! But thanks for playing. No, if a person doesn't vote, then that means that he/she doesn't care enough about the state of the country to take the few minutes it requires to go to a polling place, go through verification, then go into the voting booth. It is not an onerous task.

If you can't take that much time out of your day to vote, then you shouldn't complain, either.

Personally, I voted. I can complain about Trump, and I do!

I'm a registered voter and could have easily voted.
I chose not to. I find Trump embarrassing and inexperienced. I find Hillary unethical and repellent.
I'll vote or not vote and complain or not complain as I feel.
If someone doesn't like it, oh well...must suck for them.

Upvote 0