ChristianDude777

Apr 14, 2005
Georgia
✟16,919.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
When I was Youth Pastor at church before moving into another ministry, I'd have all the teens come to my helper's house and we'd watch Christian videos, play volleyball, pool, ping pong, etc. Playing board games like Pictionary, etc is good fun. I guess maybe it depends on what one likes to do.

Tim L.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristianDude777

Apr 14, 2005
Georgia
✟16,919.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Lithium Hobo said:
Ugh, I'm sorry, but none of that is fun. >.<

Hi,

I believe you'd be pleasently surprised at how much fun you can have with a good group of Christian teens. Just the atmosphere alone takes a LOT of the pressure of being a teen off. It really is a good time.

God bless,

Tim L.

Upvote 0

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lithium Hobo said:
Ugh, I'm sorry, but none of that is fun. >.< Seems Christianity puts a strangle hold on the fun factor.

Try paintballing, video games, or just hanging out with your friends.

While I think the OP is being a bit silly or short sighted, your concept of Christianity is flawed. There are tons of things to do that don't lead to sin. Activities in and of themselves are not the main issue, really. It's more to do with attitudes.

I can play checkers and get angry at my opponent

Upvote 0

Ginsu

Professional Garden Gnome Placement Manager
Mar 5, 2004
Manitoba, Canada
Visit site
✟10,324.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Lithium Hobo said:
Seems Christianity puts a strangle hold on the fun factor.

Try paintballing, video games, or just hanging out with your friends.

I don't necessarly think so. I do all of those... man, I just realized something. Thats all I do.. :sigh:

Upvote 0

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exactly what is it you believe you are unable to do?

There is so much life to live, especially at 21. Going out and getting punch drunk is only one thing among many things, or whatever other...questionable activities are available to 21 year olds.
We're on this earth to live, and there's a whole lot of living to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shalico2007

Jesucristo es el Rey! Que Dios te Bendiga!
Oct 30, 2004
✟116,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Like so many of the others have already said, there are a lot of things you can do to have fun that won't lead to sin. Find a good Christian group of peers that have things in common with you; you can play good wholesome games, listen to Christian music; you can play miniature golf; you can go bowling or skating. Also, when you're in your group, you can give one another suggestions of different things to do. :)

Upvote 0

alhambra

Jun 14, 2005
Espoo, Finland
✟15,136.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
The question presented here is really a very important one... I know a lot of teens who like to call themselves as Christians but a lot they do on their freetime seems to be really very much against it. :doh: And it can be really challenging to find suitable company to spend time with, good hobbies and entertainment - especially if you are a bit shy. :eek:

What I can suggest is to try to learn to play a musical instrument, try composing if you can, maybe learn some new recipes for cooking, photography, go out into the nature, learn a new language, try painting, read the Bible and biblical books, listen to great music, help others - we all are different and have different subjects of interest. We just need to widen ourselves up to see all the great things! :angel:

Tarkovskij once said that loneliness is human's basic state of being... I don't know how right he really was, but it is true that we need to get ourself feel comfortable and relaxed even in solitude. Solitude CAN be enjoyable as well!

My best wishes to you! :)

Upvote 0