Jul 3, 2014
Sweden
✟7,759.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Peace to you who read this!

I thought Christian forum was a good faith-builder.

I added so it could e-mail me some notifications.

However every mail I'll read contain som much UNBELIEF.

So it's better for Christians who want to have strong faith just to stop being around here and listen to all junk...

I'll quote what brother Andrew Wommack is saying about tv-programs:

"Even if you can find a decent tv-program the commercial will kill you."

When bible talk about die it mean separation from our spirit and God.

”Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.” 1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:33‬ ‭KJV

From now on I'll turn off e-mail notifications from Christian forum.

//God Bless, Richard.

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

So it's better for Christians who want to have strong faith just to stop being around here and listen to all junk...
”Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.” 1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:33‬ ‭KJV
//God Bless, Richard.

Question. Why does it bother you so much?

You don't like having your opinions and beliefs challenged?
Because if that's the case, I will advice you not to enter into discussions ever. With anyone.

Look, if you are going to join an online discussion forum, you're going to meet people from all over the world, from different cultures, holding different opinions and beliefs then you. And they are going to write those opinions and beliefs down. And if you wish to engage them, you're going to have to read their posts.

It's how conversation works.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

//God Bless, Richard.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :wave:

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
However every mail I'll read contain some much UNBELIEF.
//God Bless, Richard.

An excellent idea!
I turned off notifications years ago.
Only read the threads you choose,
at your discretion, and use the "Ignore"
function to remove individuals who
are disrespectful.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Wouldn't one's faith be stronger if it had been subjected to question and criticism and survived unscathed?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Wouldn't one's faith be stronger if it had been subjected to question and criticism and survived unscathed?

Yes and no. It depends on the gift one received from God.

I welcome and love question and criticism. That is my strength. It IS ALSO my burden. Many people would rather not to be bothered by any question and criticism. That does not mean their faith is any weaker. They HAVE the courage not to listen to (reasonable) noises. I don't have that courage and faith. I am kind of weak from that point of view.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I welcome and love question and criticism. That is my strength. It IS ALSO my burden. Many people would rather not to be bothered by any question and criticism. That does not mean their faith is any weaker. They HAVE the courage not to listen to (reasonable) noises. I don't have that courage and faith. I am kind of weak from that point of view.
That bit in bold... says it all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are places in Christian Forums which are meant for faith building. But posts in these areas might not show in our "New Posts" section, since ones might not keep writing posts in the faith building section. So, you might need to go to those sections, in order to find what has been added since you last came here :)

Yes, there are threads which have worldly subjects and can take our attention away to what is worldly. But I might have something to say, in threads like this. But I try to make a point of including something which can be edifying while I am giving my opinion on something.

We are "in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation" (Philippians 2:14-16). All through our day this world will advertise what is wrong. And advertisements can come to our minds.

if you are going to join an online discussion forum,
I like how people here are allowed to say what they really feel and believe . . . so I can know and tell them what I think about what they have to say. This means, by the way, that I am free to say what I really find to be true and helpful :)

And . . . again . . . if I am writing to a person who may not be a believer or mature in Jesus, I can include something which can feed and help others who are reading, even if it might not work for the person I am writing to.

They HAVE the courage not to listen to (reasonable) noises. I don't have that courage and faith. I am kind of weak from that point of view.
We can grow to be stronger :) It is good to submit to God, and get His correction so we become more and more successful at keeping our attention where our attention belongs :)

Upvote 0

Chriliman

Everything I need to be joyful is right here
May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

//God Bless, Richard.

We are free indeed to filter out what we percieve as deception while we open our hearts to the truth of Jesus and trust in Him.

God bless!

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

//God Bless, Richard.

For the most part, it is better for some to avoid cognitive dissonance, to stop participating in the areas of CF, that allow non believers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Question. Why does it bother you so much?

You don't like having your opinions and beliefs challenged?
Because if that's the case, I will advice you not to enter into discussions ever. With anyone.

Look, if you are going to join an online discussion forum, you're going to meet people from all over the world, from different cultures, holding different opinions and beliefs then you. And they are going to write those opinions and beliefs down. And if you wish to engage them, you're going to have to read their posts.

It's how conversation works.
Stick to the Christian only sections and you will be safe.
For the most part, it is better for some to avoid cognitive dissonance, to stop participating in the areas of CF, that allow non believers.

It's usually fellow believers here who say the things that make it a struggle for me to keep upbeat about my religion. What non Christians say and do usually doesn't influence my faith negatively.
Not sure how many here remember the old General Apologetics board, but before it was shut down in 2008, I had half my posts on it and was my favorite board to post on.
I wish it was archived somewere but not able to find it...sigh

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/where-is-the-general-apologetics-forum.7316213/
Where is the general apologetics forum?

Nov 29, 2008

I haven't been here for a long while and I can't find general apologetics except for the archived ones. Thanks in advance.
R.I.P.
Shut down permanently. Too many of the faithful were being shown the light of reason (deconverted)
The deconversion to conversion rate was 7 to 1. Ouch.
Well, it is too bad really. I know how bad some arguments can be ...on both sides. Although I know it can be hard to keep the peace at times, it seems it would be worth it for the overall interaction of believers and unbelievers.

I mean don't we all cringe just a bit when one of our own puts forth a seriously ignorant post? That is to be expected is it not? I must say, of course, that has never been a problem for me. Right? Yes, I am right. I know that I am. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
GrowingSmaller sounds to me like the one who has most Christian values here...

It shouldn't be that way CF...
I believe in quite a few Christian ethical principles, and read Christan ethics dictionaries and theology books too etc. But i am a monotheist in the Muslim sense. I am a bit eclectic - maybe too eclectic - when it comes to influences, but was raised with certain Christian principles by my mum, who was an atheist but admired Christian ethics. But thanks for what can only be a complement I suppose!!! As for you guys and gals...IMO say "chazak" - a Jewish phrase meaning "strong" which is said after a task has been accomplished.

Upvote 0