Christian compatibility...differing practices in faith can cause issue?

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well it probably is some aspect of whatever my calling or ministry is.

You’ve had some interesting experiences. Do you want to finish school? It sounds like the Orthodox path is truly your home. What do you see yourself doing in the future?

~Bella

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Do you want to finish school?

Well that ship has sailed, you typically have a 10 year deadline to finish a degree... and well I don't think that is necessarily part of "the Plan" so to speak as far as God is concerned even though it kind of is in me as far as my personality goes. That statement is probably confusing to many people, and would probably have to cite this article by Christian Apologist, William Lane Craig to explain it.

Failure | Reasonable Faith

It sounds like the Orthodox path is truly your home.

Yes there is a lot there, of course I've seen the down side too. But on the positive side, I've gotten a lot from that perspective, and I found my local congregation of Copts back in California a very interesting and inspiring people.

What do you see yourself doing in the future?

Well at the moment for the last few years trying to take baby steps as far as having some kind of parachurch ministry. There is an interesting intersection where people who are in the Charismatic end of Protestantism can benefit from all the Ancient Church perspective that you find in Orthodoxy. So that has been something Iv'e worked on for the last few years.

I tend to see my close friends as a ministry source, especially this ENTP childhood friend who is a bit of a people collector (meeting lots of people all the time and building a never ending list of friendships). Anyway if I'm not actually involved with a church group (because nobody in my area has my basic theology, values etc.) then I tend to invest it in my friends. Anyway Stan, tends to do a lot of unofficial ministry. Years ago, we worked together on a church plant that didn't take off in Silicon Valley around 2000-2002. Anyway he tends to reach a lot of un-churched people that have deep problems that are too much for the local churches to handle. So when I'm between churches my time, money, prayer tends to go to support the under dogs like him; because, I tend to believe they are doing the most with my money and resources than what would be true for most churches and ministries.

In the mean time, I'm sort of "embracing the chaos" (of having life not going according to one's best efforts). Back in the early 2000s to 2011 I was a regular on this Evangelical, "Post-Modern" Christian board known as theooze.com Today, postmodernism is a bit of a swear word with many conservative and traditional Christians that I hang out with thanks to videos and essays from Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro, and tons of Christian Apologists (even William Lane Craig mentioned previously). But in spite of all the PC Correctness of our day and Age etc. pomo isn't totally bad, (The term instead can be understood as a fuzzy concept that simply describes how post Enlightenment society has reacted against the problems of Modernity).

Anyway their a transcript of a talk that influenced me linked below. Anyway Christians and conservatives like to lament the current age with all its problems especially "Post Christianity", but this time also has a lot of opportunities especially when it comes to trying to reinvent yourself and doing various kinds of alternative media and other things. Which actually is the ministry model what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to carve out a new genre, a new paradigm etc. that is even different stylistically speaking in the same way you can have a new break out hit TV show, web site, musical group that does it's own thing and sets a new trend. etc. Lol of course, it's slow going and maybe that is a bit grandiose compared to what I actually seem to be achieving.... :)

Perl, the first postmodern computer language

Last edited:
Upvote 0