tinkerbellnm

Feb 25, 2006
Fife
✟204.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
I went to a CHristian school and a church that was in the same building. I have a lot of issues because of the school and church. There were a lot of things that happened at that church that coulf class it as a cult. My mum and dad were not able to look after me and my little sister because of their ministry, my dad was the head of the music ministry and my mum was a hostess and attended all of the prayer meetings. Me and my little sister got ignored for most of our childhood years because the church just swooped my mum and dad up and brain washed them. Children were to be seen and not heard. I was raped by my baby sitter and when he confessed to the pastors of the church they took me into a room where there was around 8 people sitting their asking me horrible questions (bearing in mind I was 8 years old). I had to sit in the middle of the room and answer probing questions. I understand that they were concerned but there was no need to give me a spanish inquisition. I had to bring my little sister up by myself. She was born when I was 5. Their Christian school was really horrible. We were smacked and shouted at for the slightest thing. Everything was a routine and we were not allowed to play outside at all. As for the classroom, we had things called dividers (big wooden sheets) that stopped us from talking in class and we had to put a miniture flag up if we were to ask for help at all. My little sister was not allowed to be a kid. This church is still running but their school was shut down, thankfully enough. I am just so angry for how we were treated and all of the unresolved issues I have.:mad:

christianchica

Feb 23, 2006
✟15,154.00
Faith
Lutheran
tinkerbellnm said:
I went to a CHristian school and a church that was in the same building. I have a lot of issues because of the school and church. There were a lot of things that happened at that church that coulf class it as a cult. My mum and dad were not able to look after me and my little sister because of their ministry, my dad was the head of the music ministry and my mum was a hostess and attended all of the prayer meetings. Me and my little sister got ignored for most of our childhood years because the church just swooped my mum and dad up and brain washed them. Children were to be seen and not heard. I was raped by my baby sitter and when he confessed to the pastors of the church they took me into a room where there was around 8 people sitting their asking me horrible questions (bearing in mind I was 8 years old). I had to sit in the middle of the room and answer probing questions. I understand that they were concerned but there was no need to give me a spanish inquisition. I had to bring my little sister up by myself. She was born when I was 5. Their Christian school was really horrible. We were smacked and shouted at for the slightest thing. Everything was a routine and we were not allowed to play outside at all. As for the classroom, we had things called dividers (big wooden sheets) that stopped us from talking in class and we had to put a miniture flag up if we were to ask for help at all. My little sister was not allowed to be a kid. This church is still running but their school was shut down, thankfully enough. I am just so angry for how we were treated and all of the unresolved issues I have.:mad:
I am really sorry for what happened to you. If all of this stuff was going on it's interesting to think that they consider themselves a "Christian" church- does beating children go along with what God tells us in the Bible? I think not.

I think it's most sad just to think that your childhood (as well as your sisters) was taken away- and there is nothing that can be done to make up for that now. I'm truly sorry for what has happened to you. If you ever want to tell someone something- I'll listen.

Your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

caireann

Go dtaga do ríocht
Jan 19, 2006
Alberta
✟8,090.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I agree with savedbygrace... give God your pain and He can and will heal your scars. He loves you, and would never have endorsed what you experienced. Ask Him to help you forgive those who did you wrong. Once you can forgive them, you'll be able to put what happened behind you and it will no longer haunt your present and future.

I'm sorry for what you had to go through. :hug: Every one should have happy memories of their childhood. Unfortunately that's not always the case :(

I pray that you will find healing and love in Jesus' arms. :groupray:

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so very sorry that these horrible things happened to you. These kinds of things are not part-and-parcel with Christianity, but a very distorted and corrupt off-shoot from it.

I would strongly encourage you to get some counseling to help you come to terms with the mistreatment and abuse and to alter the impact these things have on your life. You cannot stop them from having happened, but with God's help you can control how much your life is controlled by them.

Upvote 0

tgg

Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
Brisbane
Visit site
✟20,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
tinkerbellnm said:
Tinkerbell,

Those people that you mentioned do not sound like good Christians. Certainly the way that they treated you and the other children can be constituted child abuse. I think you should take legal action against the physical and mental abuse they inflicted on you and sue them.

Jesus said about people who offend children: "it would be far better for those people to have a millstone tied around their neck and thrown in a lake than to cause any of the little ones to lose their faith".

tgg

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Tinkerbellenm

It is such a shame on your parents and the CHRISTIAN FAITH.

I can only tell you what GOD'S WORD on this matter is and I hope you will abide by it so no other children can be hurt.

Ephesians 5:11
Verse 11. “Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them;”
“Darkness” relates to thoughts and actions that are shameful.
Life is EASIER and better when we are open, honest, and are not hiding anymore. And Paul, the author of Ephesians, is encouraging us to go even further than just saying “No” to those who would lead us astray. He’s saying, “EXPOSE them” to other people. Paul is writing to the CHURCH, and the one who fails in an attempt to lead YOU into works of darkness will turn to somebody else and try to damage THEM. “EXPOSE them!” for the safety of others.

TOGETHER WHEN WE STAND UNDER THE LOVE OF JESUS, IT IS NOT HARD TO REMEMBER:

XEven though you can't see Him, GOD is there!O
( click on the X and move to the O ) ( then feel who is around you )

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
tinkerbellnm said:
I am just so angry for how we were treated and all of the unresolved issues I have.:mad:

I hear your anger, and I share it with you. Your anger is justified, and right, and it is that anger which will help you to survive, and to find healing. Don't believe those who say anger is destructive; sometimes it is very healing indeed, if we use it to find a way through difficult times.

These people are totally out of line, treating children in this way.:mad:

You really need to find help for yourself, and perhaps your sister too. You could start with your GP, or if that is too difficult, try Childline. It doesn't matter how old you are now.

Peace be with you.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Your anger is justified, and right, and it is that anger which will help you to survive, and to find healing.
Yes. I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through. Give yourself a weekend retreat of reading Roald Dahl, and writing down all the pros and cons of the organization.

I've seen this type of thing happen, and it often happens in churches that start off great. The parents gain so much, they don't see what's happening in the neglected corners of church. Children's ministry is sometimes considered inferior to What God Is Doing. Experience there is different for every person.

Another thing that brings this on, is self-containment. Jesus instructed us to go out and spread the gospel, and take spiritual authority as we go into the world. But church gets so cozy, and so many things are happening, we don't want to miss out.

I agree, God does not condone cult-like activity just because Christians represent His name and are forgiven. Do what you can to help the others who suffered, to repair their faith and be iron giants in justice and discernment. Pray God's promise that He will cause all things to work together for good, for those who love God.

Jer 23:1"Woe to the shepherds who are destroying and scattering the sheep of My pasture!" declares the Lord. Eze 34:2 "Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel. Prophesy and say to those shepherds, `Thus says the Lord God, "Woe, shepherds of Israel who have been feeding themselves! Should not the shepherds feed the flock?

Upvote 0